Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst
Because he could well be worth a lot less too.

Not ever player who shows signs of development continues to develop. Tom Soares, Wayne Routledge.

If there is a deal on the table along the lines of that set out by CG with the £10m fee being cash up front or cash over the life of his newcastle contract, we would be utterly insane to turn it down.
That would be the Wayne Routledge playing & scoring in the Premiership, plus an experienced Champ regular and still only 27?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 12-01-2012, 11:20 AM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Of course we'd accept £10m!
Why of course? On a purely financial basis, whilst no club at our level could ever say they "don't need" £10m, we are no longer in a position where we have to get in every penny we can as soon as we can (it's probably 15 years or more since we've been able to say that!). If the club believe that in two years time (for example) he'll be worth £12m then why not wait? Putting the money in the bank / reducing overdrafts would not generate as much as £2m in that time. On the playing side the question is simply could we strength the squad enough with the money to make it worth while? (Of course if we spend the money that reduces even more the financial benefits of selling) Are we more or less likely to go up with Zaha or with the players we could buy as a result of selling?

I don't know the answer to any of that - but I have the feeling it's not a simply answer.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:22 AM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle
That would be the Wayne Routledge playing & scoring in the Premiership, plus an experienced Champ regular and still only 27?
ONE premiership goal - okay it's one, but it's not really what people think when you mention "scoring". It's like describing Anthony Gardner as a "scoring" centre back over the last four years.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie
Why of course? If the club believe that in two years time (for example) he'll be worth £12m then why not wait?
Because in two years time he could be worth £2m. It can go either way. I sound like Noel Edmonds.

IMO, £10m for a talented yet inconsistent 19 year old would be very, very hard to turn down and I wouldn't blame the owners for accepting it, not one bit.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Because in two years time he could be worth £2m. It can go either way. I sound like Noel Edmonds.

IMO, £10m for a talented yet inconsistent 19 year old would be very, very hard to turn down and I wouldn't blame the owners for accepting it, not one bit.
You are of course right - the fact that he might lose value is another consideration. Only thing would be that if he didn't come on he won't drop in one go, could probably still get £8m. I'm not saying I'd blame them if they decided to sell, all I was saying was that I can't see it as "of course", it's a difficult decision. I also think that holding out now could send a strong messgae that we are no longer a soft touch in terms of fees and might help in future deals.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
I blame it on E-bay.

Sell a couple of old video games and an unwanted toaster on E-bay, and suddenly the whole yoof think they are masters of entrepreneurship.

According to Paddy, Wilf is the best natural talent he has played with, (some would say Williams has even more potential).
Not much cherishing/appreciation/fan-player bonding to be seen on here.

The management and owners want to develop the club, and move it to the next level; a sizeable proportion of the fans are apparently more interested in filling the forums with pleas to sell our best young talents (snap 'is arm orf).

I preferred it when the transfer forum was full of idle speculation about bringing in Ronaldinho, Beckham and McEachran.
At least it was positive and harmless.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:47 AM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire
I preferred it when the transfer forum was full of idle speculation about bringing in Ronaldinho, Beckham and McEachran.
Agreed. Though nothing beats spending 2 quid on clubcall to find out if we've signed Gazza yet.

Werner Herzog
Old 12-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
According to Paddy, Wilf is the best natural talent he has played with
But there again he did have thre years playing for the clowns...............
Old 12-01-2012, 12:23 PM
looking to curl one!!!!

Dingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I blame it on E-bay.

Sell a couple of old video games and an unwanted toaster on E-bay, and suddenly the whole yoof think they are masters of entrepreneurship.

According to Paddy, Wilf is the best natural talent he has played with, (some would say Williams has even more potential).
Not much cherishing/appreciation/fan-player bonding to be seen on here.

The management and owners want to develop the club, and move it to the next level; a sizeable proportion of the fans are apparently more interested in filling the forums with pleas to sell our best young talents (snap 'is arm orf).

Have to agree. If we are to harbour any ambition in developing as a club then selling our best player at the first opportunity is madness, even if some think 10 million is a good offer. Wilf will only get better as he plays more - look at the improvement he's made in the short space of time already and his value will continue to rise the longer we can keep hold of him. If we can get to the Premiership then his value will skyrocket.

Also think about the message it sends out if we sell him. We should be fighting to keep our best youngsters, not selling them to clubs like Newcastle at the first opportunity. Who next, Williams??? I want to see these kids at Palace for as long as possible. Watching Moses tearing it up for Wigan leaves me feeling absolutely gutted, I don't want to see the same with Zaha, especially to a mid table Premiership team like Newcastle.

10 million is a good offer, nothing more. We need to show some backbone as if we can keep Wilf here, he's the type of player that can help the club win promotion which is worth a lot more than the short term cash fix being offered now. I'd be absolutely gutted if Wilf leaves so early in his Palace career, especially as he actually wants to be here. Please, please CPFC2010, don't sell our most exciting player so soon.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:24 PM
3.30 down the Bowl

Disco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDisco : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Keep him, in 18 months we could be in the Premier league crying out for a Wilf, alternatively we could still be here and Wilf could go for £2m, but that's still £2m more than we paid for him. Selling him now is folly, he will get better!
Old 12-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Lost in translation

BBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserH
not sure if this ha sbeen posted but good effort paddy...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
I think he knows that and that is why he signed a 5 year contract. He won't leave this window.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:37 PM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd rather accept a silly offer for him and use the cash to bring in Rhodes, or another proven goal scorer at this level.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:50 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadford4th
I'd rather accept a silly offer for him and use the cash to bring in Rhodes, or another proven goal scorer at this level.
even if we got £20mill Rhodes will not be coming here, he is hot property now, clubs in both the Prem and SPL are all over him.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:51 PM

Vanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVanessa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadford4th
Rhodes will not go to a championship team but more likely to a lower premiership team especially as Huddersfield look likely to go up this year.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:58 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapham Grand
Would you take £10m if as part of the deal he was loaned back to us for the rest of this season and all of next season?.....
I'm sick and tired of fans suggesting this.

We sell a player then continue developing him for another club? **** that.

Personally I think it's embarrassing for the club

You either keep the player or sell him and let him go. I want Wilf to stay and I think he will. Give it another year or two and he'll be a fantastic player.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:06 PM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Newcastle will not pay 10m upfront. Move on!
Old 12-01-2012, 01:10 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle
How many goals has Routledge scored in the premiership now 6 years after he left us ?

Soares was bigged up at seventeen, some publications were naming him in England teams of the future.

Both have the same problem as Zaha, they don't seem to have a position. Winger/midfielder, winger/striker. None can cross the ball well enough to match Palace fans valuations (of their time) for a winger and none of them score enough to meet high price tags as a striker. Zaha has plenty of tricks, but until he can cross the ball acurately time and time again we'd be lucky to get £10 million plus or anything like it.

We were suposedly offered £3million for Hills, I know Jordan would have lost the money, but is there any chance we would get that sort of money for him again ?
Old 12-01-2012, 01:15 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
If clubs knew that Palace had received a sizeable fee for any of our players then they would make us pay top dollar for any replacements and would bump up their prices accordingly.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:28 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle
If clubs knew that Palace had received a sizeable fee for any of our players then they would make us pay top dollar for any replacements and would bump up their prices accordingly.
Very Good point. And why not just keep him for now, unless the offer is so good we can't say no, and he wants to go anyway.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox
How many goals has Routledge scored in the premiership now 6 years after he left us ?

Soares was bigged up at seventeen, some publications were naming him in England teams of the future.

Both have the same problem as Zaha, they don't seem to have a position. Winger/midfielder, winger/striker. None can cross the ball well enough to match Palace fans valuations (of their time) for a winger and none of them score enough to meet high price tags as a striker. Zaha has plenty of tricks, but until he can cross the ball acurately time and time again we'd be lucky to get £10 million plus or anything like it.

We were suposedly offered £3million for Hills, I know Jordan would have lost the money, but is there any chance we would get that sort of money for him again ?
Routledge & Soares both left at the wrong time for them and have suffered for different reasons. Wayne left, got injured, lost his place to Lennon and then ended up being part of the Spurs youth warehouse. However, he has carved out a very decent career, albeit not going on to International glory like was predicted.

At Palace he played 83 Champ games scoring 10 and 40 Premiership games scoring 1. Since then, across all the various clubs his record is:

Premiership 91 games 3 goals
Championship 95 games 18 goals

So his goal scoring in the Premiership is slightly better than his season with us while his record in the Championship is much better. He was never a prolific scorer but to say he isn't a decent crosser of the ball is wrong. He always had good ball skills and got the ball in to AJ & Shipps and others.

Soares is a completely different case. He was never really a winger, Dowie just used him there mainly, he was always better right centre midfield. However, he became toally lost when we cashed in due to money problems and he ended up at a club totally wrong for him. It is obvious now that he has seriously fallen out of love for the game. Maybe if Watson had gone when expected and Soares had moved into the centre for us things would have been different.

As for Wilf, to me, he looks better than anything we have produced in a long time other than maybe Clyne & Moses. At just 19 he is raw, but with the right team and coaching he will be a great player. The issue is where he goes. So many of our players have gone to clubs that have been wrong for them over the years. Of all the players I have seen come and go at the "potential" stage the only ones to go to the right places (ie not Wrighty or Martyn) have been Southgate & Collymore. Southgate to Villa where they saw he was a natural centre half, and Stan to the lower leagues where he could be a big fish and show off with smaller egos than surrounded him at Selhurst.

In recent years players like Bostock, Moses, Routledge, Soares, Watson even, have gone to teams with either the wrong mentality or at the wrong time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019

Last edited by Big Blue Eagle; 12-01-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Closed Thread