Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 13-01-2014, 09:32 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Bitter sweet really. Very exciting of course but then the worry... Can we afford it? Will it bust us if we go down? Happily I have been delighted with the pragmatic approach to just about everything we have seen from cpfc2010, so yes it probably is more of a gamble than we might have expected but I sincerely doubt they would risk the future of palace. Lets enjoy it and if we stay up....well
Old 13-01-2014, 09:32 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
Forget the new Arthur Waite stand guys.
I agree. Sorry to say but I will believe the "selhurst upgrade" when I see it
Old 13-01-2014, 09:33 AM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
I'll repeat,if arsenal pay 2 thirds of his wages,how come he played against them????
It is a permanent deal, not a loan, where Arsenal have agreed to pay a portion of this years wages.

This is not as crazy as it sounds, if Chamakh is a player they were not going to play and wanted him off the wage list... but no one wanted to buy him, even paying the larger portion of his wages this year represents a saving for them that they otherwise would not have had.

Essentially the deal has been beneficial to both clubs, and was a good bit of business.
Old 13-01-2014, 09:33 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
On the subject of wages and paying for a proven goalscorer, have a look at the Nikola Zigic situation, for an example of when it goes wrong, it can go horribly wrong.
Old 13-01-2014, 09:35 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
how much is Zaha earning these days?
I thought Zaha was on about 35k p/w could be wrong though.
Old 13-01-2014, 09:39 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'll repeat,if arsenal pay 2 thirds of his wages,how come he played against them????
Don't man city still pay some if adebayors wages? Didn't they also heavily subsidise Bellamy going to Cardiff? I think if a club wants a player gone but no one will match his wages the only way is to pay part for the remainder of the contract. Maybe because it is not a loan arsenal could not stop him playing against them/Or they could have insisted he did not, but chose not to.
Old 13-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
Save the cash.
Old 13-01-2014, 09:41 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niel Smillie View Post
According to this story it was 93k per week and I really cannot see him dropping to 35k a week to play for us, can you?

To view the link you have to Register or Login

My fear with all this spending is, there is not going to be a lot left for the Selhurst upgrade at this rate.
Right here right now - screw the ground.

If we spend now on the team - and we stay up - we have another season of Sky money for the stadium upgrade.

We need to focus on staying up first and stop being distracted by doing other things.
Old 13-01-2014, 09:42 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Only loan players cannot play against their parent clubs. He is not on loan so he can play.

Contracts are legal documents, so Arsenal were responsible for paying him the money. When they released him from his contract they did so by paying him off (probably over time). he then has a seperate contract with Palace and we hold his registration.
Old 13-01-2014, 09:43 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Crazy money.

What needs to be considered also is that a players wages and transfer fee won't go down in the profit and loss accounts for this season (and therefore be swallowed up by big PL money), instead the total cost of that players contract (including the transfer fee) is broken down in to equal debits for each financial year that that players contract runs for.

What I am really saying is that if we sign players for big fees and wages then it is quite possible that our accounts would be skewed very negatively if we went down (regardless of the PL money) because we could quite feasibly be looking at losses on the books exceeding the FFP buffer that is getting smaller each season. This is why prudent clubs have to consider if the gamble is worth taking and why fans might cry 'lack of ambition' but that is just making a cartoon of the actual considerations.

Its not about having ambition it is about whether the board are prepared to potentially jeopardise the future of the club chasing 'it'. Given how raw admin is for us all still, I'd hope none would realistically want to chase it too hard. Most clubs can't sustain the costs of players these days since the big clubs just blitzed the salaries etc they're able to offer. The rest play catch up at their own risk and so the adage 'you have to pay PL prices to stay here' only goes so far. 20 clubs will be paying PL wages and three won't be there next season. Those three could be in deep shit if they're not careful.

Last edited by Windsor_Eagle; 13-01-2014 at 09:47 AM.
Old 13-01-2014, 09:45 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
150k? Sounds reasonable.

How about 7.8m per year. Or 23.4m over a 3 year contract. Don't forget to add NI and bits on top of that.

Our wage bill last year was 300k a week, only double what people are talking about for 3 players. Oh and we were set to make a loss of about 5m (if you take out training ground purchase i think) without the players sales!
Old 13-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Canterbury Eagle

NateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Am I right in thinking Chamakh is on 130k a week or something?? Not that we are paying that if course, Arsenal stumped up a significant proportion.
He's not on loan, he is a full palace player, on a 1 year contract, which I saw listed somewhere as 42k/week. I think he may have got a lump sum for leaving arsenal/joining us.

Seeing as he's our best player he should be on the highest wage and unfortunately if we want quality in this window that is going to be about the level of wage we need to pay.
Old 13-01-2014, 09:49 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
When a club wants a player off their books they need to pay their contract off (unless the player agrees otherwise) If they were released mid contract on a free the club might have to potentially pay off the full 100% of the remaining contract, however usually some compromise is made with the player. Even if the player is transferred to another club and gets a new better contract elsewhere the selling club still have to pay something like 25% of his contract off. Or more if the new contract is less money - as is probably the case here.
Old 13-01-2014, 09:54 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Right here right now - screw the ground.

If we spend now on the team - and we stay up - we have another season of Sky money for the stadium upgrade.

We need to focus on staying up first and stop being distracted by doing other things.
I agree with that, signing the right players, like guidetti or zaha if you could persuade them to come, would probably make you money because their value would increase with age.

The problem with signing players like crouch is that he would want a big final payday, with no future value.

The worry with making do with cast offs who demand big wages is ending up with a big, worthless squad in the championship on big wages and no new ground. I think the total wage earnings of our squad last time we went into administration in the championship was less than 150k pw. I know things are different with the new tv deal but signing the wrong players now could be a disaster in the medium to long term.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 13-01-2014, 09:57 AM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
150k? Sounds reasonable.

How about 7.8m per year. Or 23.4m over a 3 year contract. Don't forget to add NI and bits on top of that.

Our wage bill last year was 300k a week, only double what people are talking about for 3 players. Oh and we were set to make a loss of about 5m (if you take out training ground purchase i think) without the players sales!
That was when we was only getting 4m a year income from being in the championship plus ticket sales, sponsorship etc

Now we are getting 60m from the PL and a lot more on top from other revenue streams.

This club has never retained PL status and we will never progress if we do not stay up. It's all well and good having a shiny new ground but a lot of clubs do not even fill their grounds playing championship football. I'd rather have a full SP as it is in the PL than a new ground with 15k fans per game in the championship.

The board are not stupid and considering there are four of them, people need to stop pissing their y-fronts at the fear of another administration. Leave the figures to the people who know what they are doing considering they have made millions themselves and in the 3 years they have been here, have done wonders with the club in a very sensible manner.

We will not risk our future by trying to stay up but we need to give it a good go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 13-01-2014, 09:59 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathers54 View Post
The board are not stupid and considering there are four of them, people need to stop pissing their y-fronts at the fear of another administration. Leave the figures to the people who know what they are doing considering they have made millions themselves and in the 3 years they have been here, have done wonders with the club in a very sensible manner.
We will not risk our future by trying to stay up but we need to give it a good go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Indeed - so if we don't sign players this window citing unworkable wages as a reason, will you (and others too) stick by that?
Old 13-01-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathers54 View Post

[/URL]
Think you just argued my point again.

The current wages of the players is 150k and the board want to get better deals than that!
Old 13-01-2014, 10:05 AM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
Indeed - so if we don't sign players this window citing unworkable wages as a reason, will you (and others too) stick by that?
I go and watch the Palace regardless. We need quality players but if they don't come then so be it. Unfortunately, the players we require will command a higher wage than we are use too and there will be targets we miss out on as we always do.

However, I doubt we have spent our entire budget this season and getting rid of Kebe, Philips etc will allow some movement in negotiations I'm sure.

Old 13-01-2014, 10:06 AM

Sceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
Loan fee on Ba will be a min of 1million if reports on what Chelsea have charged for others are correct. Add on Bas salary and likely bonus if he helps keep us up and it could easily cost us way more than 150k a week for him alone.

We paid 1million for Jerome's loan
Old 13-01-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Think you just argued my point again.

The current wages of the players is 150k and the board want to get better deals than that!
Yeah of course who wouldn't. Must have been interpreted your post and the point you was trying to make.