Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 04-07-2015, 09:41 AM

matt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Apple Music

Has anyone taken up the free trial yet? If so, any feedback? How does it compare with Spotify?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr-jtbpUtdU
Old 04-07-2015, 10:08 AM
one love

AJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Started yesterday, very impressed so far had a poker night with my mates last night with a free for all playlist going on and found every single tune we wanted without fail. It's very similar to Spotify to the point that you wonder if they've just completely ripped it off!
Old 04-07-2015, 10:16 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I think Spotify has better audio quality, though others disagree which is weird. In any case it's marginal, and the Apple AAC files take up less space if you're downloading playlists. I find the Your Music thing annoying, but lots of people like it.
All these services have different virtues and flaws. I reckon Apple are going to spend a lot of money publicising this service to bring in streaming virgins. But if you're happy with one of the other services already I don't see a great reason to switch.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:53 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
I'm very impressed so far
Old 04-07-2015, 01:46 PM

ollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I posted this in the 'iPhone users' thread...

Apple Music is a great concept but I'm having a few issues that I really hope they sort out!

I can't transfer old tracks I've downloaded onto my phone if iCloud library is turned on. And these old tracks don't show up when I search for them on my phone (as they probably should if iCloud library is on when connected to wifi)...

I also can't 'add to my music' on my phone without making it available offline (downloading it). These songs will then appear in my iTunes library on mac- the only bit of syncing that seems to be working.

If I add something to ' my music ' on the mac, it then won't appear on the phone.

Quite frustrating as the idea is great! And if they sort this out I'd pay the £10 subscription.

Anyone else having issues?
Old 04-07-2015, 04:06 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Yes I keep dipping my willy into bowls of tomato soup without letting them cool down enough.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 04-07-2015, 04:45 PM

Gilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is hereGilbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
Yes I keep dipping my willy into bowls of tomato soup without letting them cool down enough.
Consider switching to Apple's iGazpacho?
Old 04-07-2015, 05:14 PM

matt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatt_himself came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
Try weaning yourself off this by penetrating a lukewarm Greggs cheese and onion slice.

It worked for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr-jtbpUtdU
Old 04-07-2015, 08:19 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
Wouldn't touch with a barge poll, avoid Apple products like the plague
Old 04-07-2015, 08:54 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
An apt simile considering how hard it is to get rid of their presence and how once you have one apple thing, you are pretty much forced into all the rest of their pestilent products.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 04-07-2015, 09:37 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Yes. That's another reason I doubt I'll switch to the service.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:57 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Only service I've used that comes close to Spotify. The playlists really are great
Old 17-07-2015, 08:04 PM

ollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Nothing will stream / save to my music at all at the moment. So frustrating. Any ideas?
Old 24-07-2015, 12:48 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have a Spotify subscription and an Apple music free trial. I find myself going back to Spotify. Have the time when I select a tune in my car over 4G, Apple music just failed to play it. Opened Spotify and it worked immediately.
Old 24-07-2015, 12:51 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think Spotify is great for me, not even going to spend the effort involved in the trial.

If loadsa reviewers said it was worth switching, I'd consider, but the few I've read said there isn't enough to differentiate it.
Old 24-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Middle class left.

It's not worth switching from Spotify at the moment.
Old 24-07-2015, 01:38 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
the For You tab is enough to make me pay for it when the trial ends. I usually find something to listen to within about 10 seconds of going on that.
Old 25-07-2015, 09:41 AM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How do you cancel the free trial? Decided to stick with Spotify and don't want to get charged for both!