Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 05-03-2019, 09:47 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I see the goalkeeper is wearing track suit bottoms though... poof!

I also believe the White mentioned in the report was Tommy White who had moved to Blackpool from Palace in March of the previous season.
Craven who signed for us later gets a mention. Never realised the great Stan Mortensen was the Blackpool manager at the time. I did not hang about to protest after it was too ******* cold.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:48 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Cheers, Hedgehog. Amazing stuff. I wish I had saved stuff like that!
I did and my mother threw it out when I left home.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:30 PM

Dave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Last game of the season was home to Fulham who had Johnny Byrne playing for them. We were 2-0 down before pulling it back to 3-2 in the second half. Cliff Jackson (a winger converted to centre forward) got the winner. Cue pitch invasion at the end.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:00 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
... but there was a massive game at home to Millwall on the horizon, at that time the biggest game between us and our local rivals (Brighton pah !) the talk in the pubs of Sarf London was all about the Millwall game as it came closer, just two weeks away.
Do you want me to post that game report?
Old 05-03-2019, 04:23 PM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Any other games from that season anyone wants to see let me know... it looks like I have them all.
Great stuff HH. In between the Derby's Brum and Millwall games we played Bury at Selhurst. Wasn't at that game and it never seems to get a mention when we talk of that great run. have you a report on it HH ? It was our third one nil win in a row.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:38 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Nice one

I was at Sussex Uni but came up for every Palace home game. The evening kick off meant a very late return to Brighton but blimey was it worth it. One of the best matches at Selhurst ever.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:40 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
Great stuff HH. In between the Derby's Brum and Millwall games we played Bury at Selhurst. Wasn't at that game and it never seems to get a mention when we talk of that great run. have you a report on it HH ? It was our third one nil win in a row.
Give me an hour or so... I have some honey do's to do first!
Old 05-03-2019, 05:52 PM
The Spiky One

Millwall at Home:

My favourite Ref of all time.... Roger Kirkpatrick
Old 05-03-2019, 06:15 PM
The Spiky One

Bury at home:

Old 05-03-2019, 06:18 PM
The Spiky One

Millwall away in November '68:

Old 05-03-2019, 06:20 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Millwall at Home:

One of the best journalists of his day Ken Jones. Lost a leg running for a moving train at London Bridge.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:21 PM
The Spiky One

Photo from Millwall away - Jacko's penalty save celebration:

Old 05-03-2019, 06:23 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
One of the best journalists of his day Ken Jones. Lost a leg running for a moving train at London Bridge.
Remember him well - I didn't know that about the accident.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:28 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Remember him well - I didn't know that about the accident.
Cliff Jones of Spurs was his cousin.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:28 PM
The Spiky One

Talking of journalist, anyone remember the Daily Mirror Sport photographer Monte Fresco?

I recall anyone taking a photo on holiday or such always got a round of, "Come on you're not Monte Fresco!" or such banter.

Maybe Wayne Hennessey should have stuck with that at the Christmas dinner this year!
Old 05-03-2019, 06:42 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Millwall at Home:

A scary evening on the Holmesdale. A large number of Knuckledraggers had entered the Holmesdale that night and had started to congregate just behind the goal. Palace went 3 up before half time. One burly bloke proclaimed very loudly: "If they get another one, I'm on that f*ckin pitch". His mates grunted their support.

Luckily, we didn't get the fourth until later in the second half, and they had all drifted away, presumably looking for entertainment elsewhere.

A great double over the 'Wall
Old 05-03-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Talking of journalist, anyone remember the Daily Mirror Sport photographer Monte Fresco?

I recall anyone taking a photo on holiday or such always got a round of, "Come on you're not Monte Fresco!" or such banter.

Maybe Wayne Hennessey should have stuck with that at the Christmas dinner this year!
Yes I remember Monte, possibly the best football photographer of the 60s and 70s. Kent Gavin was brilliant also.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:26 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Nope

Thanks good read after all these years, although both Millwall games that season have stuck in my mind these last 50 years. The 4-2 home win rates imho as one of the best games I have ever seen at Selhurst.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 05-03-2019, 10:15 PM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Quote:
Bury at home:

"That’s the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 06-03-2019, 04:23 AM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikie Punisher View Post

I wonder if Ronaldo has ever left the field with a muddied, tattered pair of shorts like Johnny Mac's wearing in the pic. Wouldn't help with his image rights negotiations.