Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-12-2018, 12:24 PM

Kevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevlon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy in Rome View Post
What happens to the young kid who goes on his own or with a few mates, and buys the occasional Bovril or a hot dog? Too young to hold a credit/debit card - so what does (s)he do if the whole ground is cashless?.
Young kids have already been priced out of games. Not being able to buy a hotdog doesn't really matter to the owners.
Old 16-12-2018, 12:53 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
I didn't try it yesterday but i suppose the pre-paid trial that was available in blocks A to D of the Main stand might be an option for kids via the App. I can't check what payment options there are now but would have thougt at least Pay-pal or similar was avalable? I'm not sure though looking at the queue for the Pre-paid initially envious with Hypothermia I thought it looked any quicker just a bit shorter?

Old 16-12-2018, 05:33 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
I didn't try it yesterday but i suppose the pre-paid trial that was available in blocks A to D of the Main stand might be an option for kids via the App. I can't check what payment options there are now but would have thougt at least Pay-pal or similar was avalable? I'm not sure though looking at the queue for the Pre-paid initially envious with Hypothermia I thought it looked any quicker just a bit shorter?

Checking reference numbers via the app will take longer, or people fumbling with their phones. This wont be faster, sometimes technogy slows things down rather than speed it up.

Printed boarded passes are quicker at airports as people have them out ready where as most people who have them on their phone get to the front of the queue and then unlock their phone, open the app and wait...
Old 16-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Through Infinity & Beyond

cjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecjcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
The queues are not because people pay in cash but because the staff are absolutely useless.

Bought my son a hot choc yesterday. Took over 5 mins from order to receiving it as the hot water hat stopped working so had to go to a different kiosk!
Now having to resort to going to the kiosk around 3 mins before half time. Did this yesterday (4th in queue) and was still waiting 3 mins after the HT whistle. They need to be prepared for the HT rush. Have more drinks ready to hand over.
Old 16-12-2018, 09:25 PM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
Have you got one ?
Check out go Henry.

It's a debit card designed for kids.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Orpington and the surrounding areas.
Old 19-12-2018, 07:36 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-12-2018, 08:18 AM
Internazionale

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
It's a weird system. When I went to the BayArena in February I didn't know it was this kind of system, plus I don't read German too well, I left my membership card in my hotel room, got in the ground to find out to pay for food and drinks you have to pay using the card which you stick money on (top up points scattered around the stadium), but none of the vendors accept cash so I ended up stuck in the ground for 3 hours with no way of getting a drink.
Old 19-12-2018, 08:25 AM
Right up the Sainsbury's.

Jim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great idea but will make no difference in the Whitehorse where it takes 4 staff members to make a coffee.
And that's without the mysterious new queuing system that fellow fans have adopted of pretending not to notice the long snaking queue to walk straight up to the till.
Old 19-12-2018, 08:31 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archiebald Leitch View Post
How do kids pay for bus travel in Croydon?
An Oyster card called a Zip Oyster card, which has their photo on. Bus travel is then free for many years.

You do have to keep an eye on it though, as easily lost in blazers or bags.
Old 19-12-2018, 08:50 AM
Significant Udder

Direwolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
The trouble is if you pay shit wages you attract dim people. That maybe a bit harsh but the wages mean that they will just see it as a saturday job, one where they wont have to be full of initiative.
The thing here is that a lot of fast food outlets employ poorly paid people but they put in place systems to ensure that food and drink gets supplied relatively efficiently. Other clubs seem to manage this when I go to away games. Palace run catering on what seems to be a school tuck shop system (if anybody remembers them) I.e. volunteers with no retail experience whatsoever.
Old 19-12-2018, 08:56 AM

Swoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Here's a crazy wacky leftfield revolutionary idea...

Have a separate queue for 'cold drinks only' and pre-pour them and/or have a person dedicated to pouring them or taking lids off, while another person serves them and takes the card or cash.

More drinks sold, shorter queues for beer, shorter queues for food = we get a win win win, even if it isn't on the pitch.
Can you stop giving out sensible ideas, this is Palace, and we want none of those efficient, streamline serving methods here!
Old 19-12-2018, 09:15 AM
Internazionale

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
My Dad always said they should out a queuing system in the bars like they have in the post office rather than just everyone crowded around the bars. The club never did listen.
Old 19-12-2018, 09:24 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
The thing here is that a lot of fast food outlets employ poorly paid people but they put in place systems to ensure that food and drink gets supplied relatively efficiently. Other clubs seem to manage this when I go to away games. Palace run catering on what seems to be a school tuck shop system (if anybody remembers them) I.e. volunteers with no retail experience whatsoever.
The service at the Trinity tuck shop in the 1980s was far better than at Palace.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 19-12-2018, 09:25 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
My Dad always said they should out a queuing system in the bars like they have in the post office rather than just everyone crowded around the bars. The club never did listen.
Worked brilliantly in Crystals, but then they closed it down for no obvious reason
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 19-12-2018, 11:03 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Here's a crazy wacky leftfield revolutionary idea...

Have a separate queue for 'cold drinks only' and pre-pour them and/or have a person dedicated to pouring them or taking lids off, while another person serves them and takes the card or cash.

More drinks sold, shorter queues for beer, shorter queues for food = we get a win win win, even if it isn't on the pitch.
I wouldn't bother. I've been pushing this for about 10 years on here (even directly to CPFC2010) and still nothing's been done.

Our best hope is relegation.
Old 19-12-2018, 01:56 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Like Wembley?
Old 19-12-2018, 02:03 PM
Internazionale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
Like Wembley?
I don't think it was quite the same. Cant really remember.
Old 19-12-2018, 05:33 PM
Maybe It’s Maybelline?

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
I think there will be an option to "top up" your membership card/season ticket with credit, and when you put it on that reader to collect loyalty points that will also debit the transaction from whatever balance you have on your card.
Old 25-12-2018, 10:43 PM

bonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Grimsby in the cup will be last game you can use cash at Selhurst.
Old 26-12-2018, 08:20 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
At our last game I fancied a pie, so I asked the kid behind the counter what was in the vegan pie. Here's a transcript:

Me: So what's in the vegan pie?
Him: It's a pie for vegans.
Me: I know that, but what's actually inside the pie?
Him: I dunno - vegan stuff.
Me: Any chance you can check?
He goes and talks to someone and come back.
Him: It's a pie that's got vegan stuff inside.

I sometimes wonder if management are aware at just how thick some of the staff they have there are. Entertaining at times though