Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 28-01-2019, 02:55 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Would have cost me 100 for tickets, plus travel and sundries. Can't afford that on top of the 1600 a year I spend on season tickets, and coming just after Xmas.
Old 28-01-2019, 04:06 PM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Would have cost me 100 for tickets, plus travel and sundries. Can't afford that on top of the 1600 a year I spend on season tickets, and coming just after Xmas.
Not to mention the god awful train service on offer. If it was like last season at home to Spurs, it would have been an awful journey home - last year it took 3 hours!
Old 28-01-2019, 04:28 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
I don't think the problems with travelling late on a Sunday afternoon helped the attendance, from a Palace point of view.

Without the figures to back me up, I get the feeling a big proportion of our support have to come from much further out, more so than the actual local support that can get round the constant disruption to an already poor rail service.

I reckon it's fair to say that much more of the 5,000 that didn't turn up yesterday would have travelled for a 3pm Saturday kick-off.

It does put into focus what attendances will be like if/when we get a 35k capacity. What used to happen when Palace had a 52k capacity before 1981, for big matches like yesterday was meant to be, without membership restrictions, you would probably have had around 20,000 Spurs fans in the ground, you can see from records that Palace's gates used to double with the visit at a big London derby or the manc and scouse clubs as a huge numbers of opposition fans would get in back in the day.
Yup - you never quite knew who you were going to be standing next to!
Old 28-01-2019, 05:39 PM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
With some basic maths I calculated the following:
With prices charged and making the assumption that 1/3 of the crowd were senior citizens, juniors or students the income after VAT was 404,849 of which I believe we get 45% so revenue of 182,182.
If the club had charged 20 and 5 I estimate we would get circa 135,000 so some 47,000 less. Much of this may have been offset by income generated by food, programme sales, merchandise etc but there is an inherent risk to the club that the crowd doesn’t reach 25,000. There may also be a factor that the pricing needs to be agreed by Spurs and or the FA but I have no knowledge of this.

Last edited by Mr Bo Jangles; 29-01-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 28-01-2019, 09:38 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
It's investing for the future to get more young kids into these types of matches
Old 28-01-2019, 09:43 PM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
and we got 75,000 for being on telly and 180,000 for winning
Old 29-01-2019, 10:15 AM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don’t disagree with these comments.
Old 29-01-2019, 10:35 AM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
It was a strange game from a view point. At no point did I get nervous/head in hands/biting finger nails like I do when Im watching us in the league. It seemed to have that feel to it as most around me were quite chilled overall.
Very enjoyable which is not something you normally get watching Palace.
True; at no point was I worried that we weren't going to win (or at least draw).