Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-02-2019, 02:00 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
A large majority of Palace fans are morons.
It will always be the case Iím afraid.
Roy continues to do a remarkable job
lovely
Old 03-02-2019, 02:01 PM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by old traf View Post
It was actually Meyer who started the move in Fulhams penalty area that led to the second goal with good controlled passing.
yeah
but let's praise useless schlupp because he tapped the ball in
the goal was a perfect example of what happens when you patiently pass the ball and work it into the box, which is what happens when classy players like meyer are on the pitch
Old 03-02-2019, 02:21 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
Well, if he starts with Ayew today we know he has totally lost it

LOL top banta

SaulAlinsky
Old 03-02-2019, 02:25 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
LOL top banta
Old 03-02-2019, 02:29 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
LOL top banta
like your dumb Gammonary on the political threads you need to read within the context which I think everyone gets apart from obviously you.

Lets not pretend hardly anyone thought Ayew should be our main striker if we had other options. With Wickham and Wilf not available our options were more limited and it was pretty clear we would be going 442 - I think if Roy had gone 451 with Ayew then he really would have lost it. Going 442 meant it was either Ayew or michy batshuayi. Personally I would have gone with him over Ayew but there's no doubt Ayew put in a shift yesterday.

I know you spend your sad life pouring through old posts but even you must realise you are becoming a bit of a laughing stock on here albeit a bit of legend. Keep it up though
Old 03-02-2019, 02:59 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
It was started from mamaís great double lunge/ tackle
Now that was superb by the big man
Old 03-02-2019, 03:03 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Schlupp second highest league goal scorer behind Luka on 7 and level with Townsend and Zaha on 4 goals.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 03-02-2019, 03:44 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
He had the most interceptions in the Bundesliga last season, and most times won possession (so including tackles too). Canít really do much in that regard stuck on the left though. Agree with Ebyeeck, should start all day in a midfield 3, but hard to find a place for him in 4-4-2.
He was playing at the base of a 5 man midfield with another DM next to him. I agree he's shown he can do it but that was is a slower league with a different tactical setup with extra protection next to him.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:48 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Whatever anyone thinks of Hodgson, it will be intriguing to see what he does now he has so many attacking options.

Was he only playing cautious, rigid football because he didn't have many attacking options? Or is this his preferred approach regardless?

We'll see over the next week or two as he's got so many options now and it will be interesting to see what he goes for. An attack of Benteke and Batshuayi, with Wilf and Townsend wide, is surely the way to go, especially for home games. I'd love to see him go for it in games against the more average teams we've got coming up.
Ahhh the Pardew strategy. It's not going to happen. We'll see 433 or Roy's hybrid 442/433 because going to a true 442 would see us torn apart on the counter repeatedly. Used to happen all of the time.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:16 PM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
yeah
but let's praise useless schlupp because he tapped the ball in
the goal was a perfect example of what happens when you patiently pass the ball and work it into the box, which is what happens when classy players like meyer are on the pitch
Unbelievable. Schlupp was in the right place at the right time.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:18 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Ahhh the Pardew strategy. It's not going to happen. We'll see 433 or Roy's hybrid 442/433 because going to a true 442 would see us torn apart on the counter repeatedly. Used to happen all of the time.
I donít agree with that, especially not for home games. The only difference is Batshuayi starting for Ayew and Wilf for Schlupp. We lose nothing defensively by making that move. Schlupp has shown repeatedly that tracking back is one of his limitations. Wilf works hard and so does Townsend on the right. Letís give other teams something to worry about rather than worrying about them.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:24 PM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogya View Post
Heís also the only one of our regular midfielders who gets into the box, as witnessed by the other saves he brought out of their keeper, not to mention last weekís assist for Wickhamís goal. Used to be Jimy Mac doing that but he seemed to be fulfilling Cabayeís deeper lying role yesterday, picking up the passes from the defence.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:25 PM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Quote:
I donít agree with that, especially not for home games. The only difference is Batshuayi starting for Ayew and Wilf for Schlupp. We lose nothing defensively by making that move. Schlupp has shown repeatedly that tracking back is one of his limitations. Wilf works hard and so does Townsend on the right. Letís give other teams something to worry about rather than worrying about them.
That's nice in theory but the games we've won when dominating possession are very few and far between. We've recently beaten spurs and Fulham by playing like we're away from home, e.g. more counter attack minded. This is also how we achieved success under Pulis. Switching tactics to a more pressing game could see us drop precious points.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:51 PM
This was a triumph.....

Quote:
I don’t agree with that, especially not for home games. The only difference is Batshuayi starting for Ayew and Wilf for Schlupp. We lose nothing defensively by making that move. Schlupp has shown repeatedly that tracking back is one of his limitations. Wilf works hard and so does Townsend on the right. Let’s give other teams something to worry about rather than worrying about them.
Ah so Ward Prowse swanning down our left flank had nothing to do with Wilf? Combine that with PVA being a bit inconsistent with his passing and blocking at the moment and it's a recipe for disaster.

It might look like a 442 but it is absolutely not. It's only a 442 when we defend without the ball.

Roy will play one winger ie Andros in the midfield because he know he works his arse off defensively. But look at the other three all defensive minded. Last year his preferred midfield was RLC Yohan Luka and Jimmy. It's essentially a three man midfield with the fourth player being able to push up and create a three up front or work between the lines behind the attack.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:55 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogya View Post

We've seen dozens of good players wildly slash at rebounds - it wasn't that easy, and Jeff was off like a shot leaving the Fulham defenders standing.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:47 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You've probably never seen him play
Bullshitters
Old 03-02-2019, 06:56 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post

We've seen dozens of good players wildly slash at rebounds - it wasn't that easy, and Jeff was off like a shot leaving the Fulham defenders standing.
Yes. His reactions were indeed very fast.

Only a twit (Iím being generous) would call it a tap in.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 03-02-2019, 08:40 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post

Another agreement with Max shocker

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 04-02-2019, 07:06 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Palace are starting to score off rebounds in the box which is something that was lacking from our play.

With our quick forwards we should be quicker than recovering goalkeeper's and defenders to these chances which we have not been taking.

Palace now have so many threats for defenders to cope with in the attacking third and we really can hit teams on the break with our pace and skill.

Genuine attacking options was the final piece in the jigsaw for Roy to push Palace up the table and now we have them we are a completely different proposition in front of goal and can give anyone a run for their money.

COYP
Old 04-02-2019, 07:10 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post

Weíve missed loads of easier chances than that already this season.