Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:36 AM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jedi was our best, Luka is also good, its easy pick a side and hit it hard a foot inside the post. Charlton had Mendonca he was very good.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:47 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Watford away
And was it scored or a miss? That match escapes me.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:56 AM

JannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
And was it scored or a miss? That match escapes me.
miss! BFS first game?
Old 08-02-2019, 11:56 AM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Watford away
Yes. Allardyce first game finished 1 1 when Comes should have been sent off not for preventing goal scoring opportunity but for kick in a lump out of CB. It was a dreadful foul but as usual...not .
So It wasn't last season.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:21 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Its interesting reading these threads as earlier people were writing him off. Yes we are a fickle lot
Old 08-02-2019, 12:27 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I just tried a quick google of KP's penalty record. I didn't find it, but I did find an article from October 2017 saying that Sunderland had scored 28 penalties since their last miss. Ex-Palace man Lewis Grabban was one of their penalty takers.
KP. Took 22, missed 4. 82% conversion.

His last successful penalty of his career promoted us.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:31 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ambrose was very good with pens too. Does anyone know his record? I can't remember a miss off the top of my head.

Would also like to see Gayle's record.

Although neither of those took as many as Luka has.

I think AJ's record was very good but a lot of those he scored didn't look as convincing as Luka's have. Hence his record from the spot is a lot better than some of us remember.
Darren Ambrose career, took eleven, missed two. 82% conversion. Only Palace let him take penalties.

Dwight Gayle. Took nine, missed two. 78% conversion. Eight and one for Palace.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:34 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Christian Benteke has taken 19 and missed 7. So 63% conversion. He’s taken six and missed three for Palace
Old 08-02-2019, 12:36 PM
Happy Felix Day!

For comparison, Matthew Le Tissier. Took 27. Scored them all. You don’t have to blast them
Old 08-02-2019, 12:41 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Jedinak was also the only Palace player to score in the penalty shootout vs Cardiff in the 2012 Carling Cup Semi Final 2nd leg.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:44 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
Jedinak was also the only Palace player to score in the penalty shootout vs Cardiff in the 2012 Carling Cup Semi Final 2nd leg.
F**King Paddy McCarthy!
Old 08-02-2019, 12:46 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I might be in the minority here, but I'm never completely confident when Luka steps up. His placing isn't great but relies on power (see Fulham at home)
Old 08-02-2019, 12:47 PM

GanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
I was there for that. After Paddy was sent off we hung on and hung on and just about made it to penalties .... We might as well not bothered....
Old 08-02-2019, 12:48 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
Its interesting reading these threads as earlier people were writing him off. Yes we are a fickle lot
Never wrote him off, but did think he was struggling at the start of the season with no Cabaye next to him. Since Kouyate settled into the team though, Luka’s looked back to his old self.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:48 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Christian Benteke has taken 19 and missed 7. So 63% conversion. Heís taken six and missed three for Palace
So which was the other game he scored one in? Burnley away, Leicester home and?
Old 08-02-2019, 12:50 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
So which was the other game he scored one in? Burnley away, Leicester home and?
Hull away, the Snodgrass dive game.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:51 PM
I'm thinking about it

Talking of shoot outs, with no replays from 5th round onwards, it is possible we could have one the the FA cup and I really wouldn't trust many of our players with penalties.

Luka would be an obvious choice to take one, I guess we can assume Andros would after the Spurs game but who else would you trust with one?

Maybe Schlupp or PVA? Dann would probably hit it with power. Wickham if fit and playing. But I'm struggling for players I would want to step up for us.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:51 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I don't remember him missing one at Gillingham. I do remember him scoring one in a game when that fat idiot Ruddock had missed one earlier.
I was at that game, with my Gills supporting mate in the Gills end. Bloody ruddock! When he missed it some fat Gills bastard fan started hugging me. Funnily enough I donít remember much of the match other than that and I donít remember freedman scoring one!
Old 08-02-2019, 12:53 PM

Batshauyi has scored 3 missed two. Feels like that’s too small a sample size to properly judge him though.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
For comparison, Matthew Le Tissier. Took 27. Scored them all. You donít have to blast them
Some records say he missed one. Scored 48 out of 49 some say 47/48. Ŕickie Lambert 32/32 but whether that includes penalty shoot outs or youth level in not sure