Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-02-2019, 09:06 AM
Block E Still, Main Stand

peterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
View from middle AW blocks are best in ground in my opinion, but its a complete disgrace that no refurbishment of the concourse has taken place and appears no plans to do so. Doubt it would even cost that much and could probably be done over a summer
On the E400 open day they were pointing out how the concourse had been refurbished!!
Old 12-02-2019, 09:16 AM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Snide little comment about who Steve Parish is dating tells you all you need to know about the WH poster.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:28 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Away View Post
Snide little comment about who Steve Parish is dating tells you all you need to know about the WH poster.
TBF a fair few of our fans are dumb enough to make similar comments

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 12-02-2019, 10:01 AM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My favourite stand in the ground.

It would be good if they stuck more toilets in though (especially for the ladies).
Old 12-02-2019, 10:34 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Away fans have access to the same number of bars and toilets as the home fans despite being outnumbered 3:1 in the AW. They don't know they're born.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:41 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
I'm no fan of the Arthur Wait stand - and not greatly enthused by the prospect of being forced to move there next season. But what is that guy on - oh, Steve Parish should just spend some money on developing the ground? What do you think he is trying to do? We don't all get a brand new stadium built for us with public money. And as for views - at least the seats in the Arthur are in the same postcode as the pitch.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 12-02-2019, 10:54 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Can't understand why the soft mockney chav's moaning. He's only got to put up with it once a season for a couple of hours.

I've always loved the New Stand, as much as The Holmesdale when it was terraced, but it's The New Stand for me since seating. Much better view near the front on the halfway line.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:57 AM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Probably mostly true, but many of us will remember in the days of standing at Upton Park behind the goal. Didnt matter how tall you were, youd be lucky to see half the goal & certainly never the goal line, unless you were right at the front.

As a London rate payer who has helped subsidised their new stadium, Id be more than happy for any Hammers fans who would like to contribute funds to improve the area of our stadium of which they are so critical.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:58 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Ironic really (Iron-ic geddit?), because my first visit to the AW was with my West Ham supporting uncle, who hailed from Leyton and taught me what Apples and Pears to climb and not to play in the Frog and Toad in case I got hit by a Jam Jar.

Back then (about a year or two after the Arfur was finished) the only seats were right at the back (which is where we went as my uncle was already a pensioner then and wasn't going to stand, I doubt if I would have seen much either in a 40,000 crowd) - later in life, i.e. the usually terrible 1980s - there was always loads of room on the yawning AW enclosure, you could stretch and go to sleep if you wanted too, which was usually a better option than watching people like Tommy Langley and Trevor Aylott hitting the floodlights from six yards in front of goal.

Of course Hillsborough changed all this, plus our meteoric rise from gates of circa 5,000 by 1985 to the current era, continuously selling to near capacity.

The old ground at Upton Park was actually much smaller than Selhurst Park for decades - so it truly is ironic, sorry to hammer it home but that's modern football for you you really wouldn't Adam and Eve it, as me old Uncle Ted used to tell me.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:13 AM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
It's an awful stand when full and dangerous.

You do have to wonder if anything did happen could the club get in serious trouble.
Fully agree. Its not far short of dangerous when its fully packed.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:19 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Makes me wonder what that West ham fan would've thought of the stand if he'd been there in '79 v Burnley.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:25 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Makes me wonder what that West ham fan would've thought of the stand if he'd been there in '79 v Burnley.
Record Gate at Upton Park - 42,000 Hamsters v Spurs in Division One

Record Gate at Selhurst Park - 52,000 Palace v Burnley in Division Two

Up yer bollocks Amsters!
Old 12-02-2019, 11:35 AM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pwopa nawty east Landan geeza doesn't like lack of gentrification in Norwood. You couldn't make it up. If he wants a restricted view try going to Liverpool away, there's pretty much no point in going in some of the seats they sell.

West Ham fans are a bunch of weirdos, this is a fact that will never change.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:35 AM

Ron Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As an AW season ticket holder, I'd far rather we developed all the ground sensibly than having an out of kilter futuristic main stand and the AW as shabby as it is.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:47 AM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
Away fans have access to the same number of bars and toilets as the home fans despite being outnumbered 3:1 in the AW. They don't know they're born.
THIS

the fact that away fans in the same stand get better facilities than the home fans is just not fair, the club really need to address this - the photo of the large vacant space on the corner would be a great starting point!

Would be really keen to pitch this to the club and get some supporter backing
Old 12-02-2019, 12:55 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
If you go by floor size, number of cubicles etc then both male and female away fans have a greater number of toilet facilities available to them than home fans. This is sometimes rectified by smaller away followings that allows the 'neutral' zone to be opened to home fans but generally away allocations sell out and therefore the 'neutral' zone is generally only available to away fans.

The situation for female Palace supporters in the AW is particularly awful.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:16 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
THIS

the fact that away fans in the same stand get better facilities than the home fans is just not fair, the club really need to address this - the photo of the large vacant space on the corner would be a great starting point!

Would be really keen to pitch this to the club and get some supporter backing
And they also only have to pay 30 compared to the home fans 45
Old 12-02-2019, 01:41 PM
Right up the Sainsbury's.

Jim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
"The stadium and the Wait Stand are from a bygone age... .
As opposed to their fan base who are from, and living in, a bygone age.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:04 PM

leicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleicester1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Should'nt worry ....anyone thats travelled to Upton Park back in the day would i presume not give a toss what they bleat about these days....nothing wrong with the Arthur theres plenty of us from the East Midlands that quite like an away day at Palace.QPR away end,now thats worth moaning about,the concourse anyway,not enough room to swing a cat and i sympathise with Watford as their concourse behind the goal is if anything even narrower so they suffer every 2 weeks.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:48 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I'm no fan of the Arthur Wait stand - and not greatly enthused by the prospect of being forced to move there next season.
How come ?