Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-05-2019, 06:17 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Also for me. Leicester away. Able to spend the day with people I love. Palace were great on the day, and from the first minute we outsung the home fans.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.
Old 14-05-2019, 06:24 PM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by trufan View Post

But I have to say, having watched it back many times since Sunday, that Wilf's magical run after being wound up by Howe's thugs pretty much topped them all. A moment of pure last-day brilliance that had everyone on their feet as our talisman gained full and final retribution to send us all home smiling.

The chorus of "He's just too good for you" which followed was brimming with pure passion, truth and justified vengeance from everyone with a red and blue heart. Not to mention how hilarious it was watching him fly past their defence.
It could be recency bias, but I can't look beyond that moment. Possibly one of my favourite ever moments at Selhurst. To cap off the season, and potentially Wilf's career with Palace, it was perfect.

It also illustrates the huge gulf in experience between watching on TV and a live game. None of the clips or highlights I've seen capture the context or that roar from the crowd. You had to be there.

And it made you think: surely Wilf is having too much fun to walk away now?
Old 14-05-2019, 06:27 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
and repeatedly watched the Andros goal on the train home until my phone died.
Same, and I dunno about you but I ended up on the same train as Roy and the squad. Said hi and congratulations and all when we got off at Euston/Kings X (can’t remember), and then a few minutes later on the Northern Line, I was in the same carriage as Joniesta. Little did I know that he’d be leaving a few weeks later.

Then I had great night out in Croydon All things considered, probably my favourite every day as a palace fan.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 14-05-2019 at 06:33 PM.
Old 14-05-2019, 06:31 PM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Reading the results on the internet by doing a line at a time while hiding what’s below, getting to Man City 2 and thinking well 2-0 ain’t bad, then uncovering C Palace 3. Swiftly followed by a search of the sky for pigs.....
Old 14-05-2019, 06:38 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Winning at the Etihad has to be it for me. It was a truly stunning achievement. This Man City side are widely being described as the best ever Premier League team ever. And we beat them at their place, scoring 3 goals including one absolute stunner.
Old 14-05-2019, 06:42 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Sako's homecoming back in January.
Old 14-05-2019, 06:51 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Booked the pre-Christmas weekend in Manchester knowing I'd be at a loose end back in London. No expectations but a good pre-match chat with Palace pals. We thought we were doing well to stop them scoring before the 20th minute.

The rest is history. Never ever imagined I'd see Palace win away again at Man City. And what a superb performance.
Old 14-05-2019, 07:08 PM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
I've struggled to find the time, money and Parish Points to travel away in the last few seasons.

Honestly, anybody who put their cold hard earnings into a suicide mission up to the Etihad this season, knowing full well that we stood less than no chance, only to receive the greatest Christmas present imaginable... you deserve all the joy and happiness in the world.

You smiled at the world and it smiled back. God speed.
Old 14-05-2019, 07:33 PM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Sako's homecoming back in January.
Pure emotion.
Old 14-05-2019, 07:43 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Was at the Etihad, and it was just unreal.

The most enjoyable for me personally was Leicester away. Our seats were as close as you could get to their boisterous home section, and their fans gave it large and were really bloody annoying. The team destroyed them on the pitch and at first they went quiet, then all fecked off early. Lovely.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 14-05-2019, 07:45 PM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Mutch being 'released'
Old 14-05-2019, 08:36 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmasape View Post
Mutch being 'released'
That feels like a jolly good session in the khazi after four days of constipation.
Old 14-05-2019, 09:01 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
The Fulham game on the opening day and particularly Wilf scoring the second goal that started with Wan-Bissaka's run.

Winning at Arsenal, the best Easter Sunday I have ever had.

Reading the transfer part of the website on deadline day and it seemed rather down and then out of nowhere it was announced Batshuayi was possibly coming on loan and the mood changed.

Cardiff about 10 days ago was a great day.
Old 15-05-2019, 03:22 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Palace 0-0 Newcastle.
Palace 0-1 Wolves.
Nothing outstanding but when you live down here any chance you get to see Palace live is a highlight.
Old 15-05-2019, 03:30 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
That feels like a jolly good session in the khazi after four years of constipation.

EFA.
Old 15-05-2019, 03:50 AM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
Also for me. Leicester away. Able to spend the day with people I love. Palace were great on the day, and from the first minute we outsung the home fans.
Yeah me too. Sunny day and I went with quite a bit of the family too. We were awful for 45 minutes, scoring the type of goal that often went against us this season. Second half we murdered them on the break.

Home games less enjoyable but the 5-3 was up there for enjoyment.
Old 16-05-2019, 06:40 AM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[QUOTE=trufan;14760907]
But I have to say, having watched it back many times since Sunday, that Wilf's magical run after being wound up by Howe's thugs pretty much topped them all. A moment of pure last-day brilliance that had everyone on their feet as our talisman gained full and final retribution to send us all home smiling.

The chorus of "He's just too good for you" which followed was brimming with pure passion, truth and justified vengeance from everyone with a red and blue heart.
QUOTE]

This was the best single moment of the season for me.