Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:37 AM

dmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I had a long chat with his father Troy on the walk back to Stratford station after West Ham away. He said AT was happy at palace and loved working for Roy.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:46 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmf73 View Post
I had a long chat with his father Troy on the walk back to Stratford station after West Ham away. He said AT was happy at palace and loved working for Roy.
One of my favorites

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 06-05-2019, 09:29 AM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
Firstly, I think everyone should be entitled to their own opinion without being insulted if it's different to the majority.

I'm with the minority on this thread, as I think he escapes a lot of criticism due to work rate and being an eloquent thoughtful chap. Ultimately, we signed an England international winger at his peak age, who's played nearly every single game since he's been here either up front or on the wing and he's mustered 10 PL goals in 109 PL games.

If Sullay Kaikai or another youth player posted those kind of numbers in their formative years in the PL, I wouldn't be compelled to bring it up.

However, Townsend is different. He's got PL-proven ability and a wand of a left-foot. As a result, I think it's perfectly reasonable for people to be disappointed with that return. Especially in a team who struggle to score goals and create chances at home. He started off this season threatening to become a much more consistent goalscorer but has really tailed off and league-wise he's only just managed to overtake a much-maligned and less talented Schlupp by one goal.

Whilst I'm not calling for him to be sold, I do wish he would take more direct responsibility for our goal-scoring and spent less time passing the ball back in to midfield when he could take a shot. Surely it's not unreasonable that a player so talented and highly praised produces a goal like that against Burnley at home more than once a season in games at Selhurst.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:46 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
I agree with lots of the above sentiment, but Andros has been like this his whole career. Spurs fans were very frustrated that out of the 20 times he’d cut in on his left, he’d only score once. Your instant assumption when you look at some his goals is ‘he’s so talented, surely he could do that more,’ but some players simply can’t for whatever reason.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:14 AM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Podcast with Andros on Sky:
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 08-05-2019, 06:09 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Just to go off topic, has any right footed player ever been described as having a wand-like foot? It seems to be exclusively reserved for left footers.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:43 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Just to go off topic, has any right footed player ever been described as having a wand-like foot? It seems to be exclusively reserved for left footers.

David Beckham
Old 09-05-2019, 10:10 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
I've come to regard Andros as more wide midfielder than winger. He doesnt blaze past players on the outside but he screens the full back and rarely loses the ball and of course has a numbe of spectacular goals to his name . When we made a number of changes for the Doncaster game. I felt he was very much our best player on the pitch and a real leader for the team. Yep I know it was Doncaster, but plenty of premier league sides came a cropper to lower league sides. Goals as has been said are not the only thing he brings. the times he ansd Wilf end up on the same side of the pitch can spell real danger. For me AT more than plays his part.
Old 21-05-2019, 01:37 PM

EaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Well deserved goal of the season, that is all.
Old 21-05-2019, 02:08 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Long range goals are his forte and the one that Andros scored at the Etihad was one of the best volleys from range ever scored let alone Goal Of The Season.

MOTD and their cronies will be pleased as the award winning goal was scored by a Palace player and not one of the big six players that they worship.

COYP
Old 21-05-2019, 04:28 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Unbelievable strike. One of the finest goals I have ever seen. Anyone who doesn't think that's the goal of the season needs to have a word with themselves. That means you, Messrs Shearer and Linaker.
Old 21-05-2019, 06:49 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
My son and I sat there for a good few seconds before that goal registered. It was somehow such an un-Palace strike. That Schlupp's very good equaliser hardly gets a mention says it all. I've watched the highlights of that game over and over. Magical afternoon. Well done, Andros.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:41 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Blimey, 3 years have passed already since Andros joined us. Very happy to have him at the club and looks like hes happy to be here too. Great deal we got him for from Newcastle if the reported 13m quoted was accurate.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 01-07-2019, 03:52 PM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
Good player. Decent guy.

One of the best signings by the Club in all the years I've been a supporter.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would like to see him learn to head the ball. Maybe he needs to spend a bit of time with the two girls who scored for the USA yesterday. But it has to be said energy wise he gives his all.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:57 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
He struggles with his head partly because he's a bit of a short arse, I'm not sure his new Kid n Play do is going to help him direct them either . If only that cracking diving header didn't hit the post against Man City.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:58 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAB View Post
One of the best signings by the Club in all the years I've been a supporter.
A game of opinions I know, but you've been going 50 odd years and you think he's one of best signings in that time?
I like AT and full credit to him for the way he's turned round his Palace career but he wouldn't even make my top 25 signings. Each to their own.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:22 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Last edited by Latvian; 03-07-2019 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Nostrils had already made my point :p
Old 03-07-2019, 01:46 PM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
A game of opinions I know, but you've been going 50 odd years and you think he's one of best signings in that time?
I like AT and full credit to him for the way he's turned round his Palace career but he wouldn't even make my top 25 signings. Each to their own.
Some Palace (not sure if all clubs have these) fans seem to rate how much a player runs around regardless of the output as one of the most important attributes a player can have.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:55 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly View Post
Some Palace (not sure if all clubs have these) fans seem to rate how much a player runs around regardless of the output as one of the most important attributes a player can have.
He created plenty of chances last season, we just didn't have anyone in the middle to finish them off. Look at how much he was helping AWB as well, if he hadn't done that I don't think he'd have progressed anywhere near as quickly.

When he had Cabaye and RLC around, his link up was very good at times, unfortunately, he didn't have that last season, it was more overlapping with AWB. Bring in Seri and loosen the defensive responsibilities and I think he'll step up again.