Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-02-2019, 06:59 PM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
I'm not quite sure how Shearer is supposed to watch seven football matches in their entirety in five and a half hours.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:00 PM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Sob
Old 03-02-2019, 07:03 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Iíd rather VAR didnít come in at all.

Absolutely hate it. Itís football. It should be in the moment. The tv is there because of the football not the other way around.
Totally agree.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 03-02-2019, 07:19 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
I'm not quite sure how Shearer is supposed to watch seven football matches in their entirety in five and a half hours.
Exactly...so why bother trying to 'analyse' every match? They should focus on a couple of the games and try to do a half decent analysis job with the , and for the remainder just allow the brief highlights to speak for themselves. The time saved through elimination of meaningless punditry would allow them to show a bit more of the actual games too.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:38 PM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylona View Post
Match of the Day is the worst football show on TV. You get a few minutes of a game and 5 minutes or Shearer and Co spouting nonsense trying to sum it up. It's obvious the pundits don't watch the whole game and only the edited bits the producer has selected to show. It's an absolute nonsense compounded yesterday by a minute of the Everton game devoted to a cat strolling around the pitch.
Missus suddenly had an uncanny interest in football when I told her about that.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:38 PM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I’ve been saying for years they should just do a highlights only version of match of the day, cut the BS analysis and just have more match highlights and slightly extended more analytical interviews with players and managers.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:43 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Iíd rather VAR didnít come in at all.

Absolutely hate it. Itís football. It should be in the moment. The tv is there because of the football not the other way around.
I'm in two minds.

I hate the thought of not being able to fully celebrate a Townsend screamer 'in the moment' & having to wait 3 minutes to see if Schluppy handballed it way back in the build up.

But I love the thought of Liverpool having fewer penalties & Salah receiving more bookings for diving.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:49 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
I like the analysis, at least when its decent, not Wright of course
Old 03-02-2019, 08:03 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Bear View Post
Iíve been saying for years they should just do a highlights only version of match of the day, cut the BS analysis and just have more match highlights and slightly extended more analytical interviews with players and managers.
You seem to be talking about Palace TV as I don't really give a toss about other games.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:04 PM

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I like the analysis, at least when its decent, not Wright of course
Old 03-02-2019, 08:13 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
I'm in two minds.

I hate the thought of not being able to fully celebrate a Townsend screamer 'in the moment' & having to wait 3 minutes to see if Schluppy handballed it way back in the build up.

But I love the thought of Liverpool having fewer penalties & Salah receiving more bookings for diving.
Anyone who doesn't understand the joy of picking up three points due to a dubious late penalty decision going your teams way does not understand what it is to be a football supporter.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:26 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Get rid of Shearer and Wright, simples!
Old 03-02-2019, 08:32 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Anyone who has never felt the joy of picking up three points due to a dubious late penalty decision going your teams way is a Palace fan.
EFA

(Apart from Tommy Black vs Walsall, of course)
Old 03-02-2019, 08:33 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
EFA

Oh god, yes. And what a crucial goal that was for us too. Poor Walsall.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:36 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
EFA

If it wasn't for the ghost goal then Freddie Sears would just be an answer to a pub quiz question for most Palace supporters. VAR could strip us of the kind of outrage which still festers ten years down the line.

Last edited by Smoz; 03-02-2019 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:42 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Yep. Barnes didn't deserve a yellow for diving but did for the abuse to the linesman, although arguably that could have been a straight red.

Wilf was booked for raising his hand to Ward-Prowse which was deserved, then booked for his attitude towards the ref, also deserved. That would've been it if he hadn't carried on after.

The incidents were completely different, apart from the refs making wrong decisions. Referees deserve more respect than either player gave them but they don't help themselves with such poor decisions.
Why didn't ward prowes get booked because he raised his hand first. Wilf reacted to him raising his hand. Just proves absolute **** officiating
Old 03-02-2019, 08:45 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles View Post
Nice

I think MOTD panelists get infected with Lawrohansyndrome. JJ wasn't so bad when he started.
Every week now they have "no idea" why defenders raise their hands into strikers' faces when contesting headers.
I find it's like watching 3 dogs stumbling around right after they've been chasing their tails running in a circle - funny if it wasn't tragic.
It's weird as I really liked JJ when he first started out on MOTD. Now he's Just blind the rest. Extremely irritating, sitting on the fence taking the party line.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:43 PM
Lost in space

oldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Premiership referees get paid a retainer of £38,500 - £42,000 pa plus £1,150 per game. I don't think if your picking up that sort of money you should be exempt from being asked to explain some of your decisions and have your answers published or broadcast, just so we can try an understand what their decision making processes are.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:02 PM

GorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That's piss-poor money when you think how much money is sloshing around the PL.

As the adage goes: you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Shearer gets 450k P.A for his spouting off and Lineker is a bargain at £1.75m

Last edited by GorBlimey; 03-02-2019 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:25 PM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A friend of mine has worked closely with sports TV shows like MOTD for years.

Essentially they work closely with the like of opta sports, mist if not all of the stats quoted and analysis comes from them with the pundit adding a bit of their ‘personality’ over the top.

You dont expect these ‘experts’ to really know all those obscure stats do you!

In more recent times my mate has worked on live rugby, the biggest challenge he said was not keeping the pundits to the script / stats provided but getting them to turn up or stay sober.. He mentioned some interesting household names as the main offenders.