Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 23-02-2019, 09:53 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Don't know who the commentators were but hearing them say:

"Isn't the Palace kit the best kit ever" was a moment of pride and joy.
Old 23-02-2019, 10:01 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Don't know who the commentators were but hearing them say:

"Isn't the Palace kit the best kit ever" was a moment of pride and joy.
That was Lee Dixon that said that, and Arlo White had to agree with him, even mentioning the Malcolm Alison era.

Yes, that was a special moment, although he seemed to think it was a retro kit, which I guess it sort of is, but in all honesty we have had it on and off over the years, but this year's version seems extra "traditional".
Old 23-02-2019, 10:03 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Incidentally, while looking up Arlo White to see if I spelt his name right, I see he is from Leicester! I wonder if he is a fan?
Old 23-02-2019, 10:07 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
That was Lee Dixon that said that, and Arlo White had to agree with him, even mentioning the Malcolm Alison era.

Yes, that was a special moment, although he seemed to think it was a retro kit, which I guess it sort of is, but in all honesty we have had it on and off over the years, but this year's version seems extra "traditional".

I thought it was Lee Dixon. Nice words about Vince Hilaire too.
Old 23-02-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Incidentally, while looking up Arlo White to see if I spelt his name right, I see he is from Leicester! I wonder if he is a fan?

If he is, he's sorely disappointed tonight!
Old 23-02-2019, 10:17 PM
meatball of a h••••er

mapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Yes he is a big Leicester City fan! NBC did a special piece on him around the time of the helicopter crash.

Rebecca Lowe will be giving him some stick tonight!
Old 23-02-2019, 11:11 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good commentator, Arlo. The two Robbies and the fellow yank are also good analysts. But Rebecca is simply fab as the anchor.

Last edited by The Vicar; 23-02-2019 at 11:23 PM.
Old 23-02-2019, 11:56 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:

Lee Dixon was saying he had been hoping to Wan-Bissaka in the flesh today. Said that AWB and Ben Chillwell would possibly both be England FBs in the next few years.
Old 24-02-2019, 08:59 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vicar View Post
Good commentator, Arlo. The two Robbies and the fellow yank are also good analysts. But Rebecca is simply fab as the anchor.
Agree on all those points.

The two Robbies and Kyle are very easy to watch/listen to. Their's no pretentiousness like all the Match of the Day crew. All 3 are very professional (dress appropriately and and don't slouch around in armchairs in charity shop clothing). They are not trying to be controversial, and most of all know what they are talking about. I think the MOTD mob could learn a thing or two from their presentation.

As for Rebecca....
Old 24-02-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
As for Rebecca....

You dirty old man!
Old 24-02-2019, 10:30 PM
The Spiky One

I think there is a line of BBS’ers ahead of me... and not so much of the “old”!
Old 26-02-2019, 07:57 PM

NBC Sports Gold again for the wankers.

We really are getting our money's worth.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:20 PM
meatball of a h••••er

mapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I see NBCSN are now showing an live hour of Sky Sports News on week days at 11am EST. Since Comcast owns both NBC and Sky we will probably see more program/resource consolidation. I’m sure eventually we will see the Sky productions of games rather than the NBC broadcasts. Hopefully they will keep the NBC hosts in the states… I would miss Rebecca Lowe and the team!
Old 03-03-2019, 06:45 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapcontractor View Post
I see NBCSN are now showing an live hour of Sky Sports News on week days at 11am EST. Since Comcast owns both NBC and Sky we will probably see more program/resource consolidation. I’m sure eventually we will see the Sky productions of games rather than the NBC broadcasts. Hopefully they will keep the NBC hosts in the states… I would miss Rebecca Lowe and the team!
Fingers crossed... I really like the current format and studio folks.

Would hate for it to go the Sky route.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:01 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Me too
Old 03-03-2019, 08:22 PM
meatball of a h••••er

I don’t think we will see any changes this season but possibly for next season. I’m sure there will be some cost-cutting/consolidation in some areas. I have already noticed that Arlo White, who is the main NBC commentator for the Premier League, is now doing radio commentary for the BBC too. Maybe he knows something already.

Could they move the NBC studio to the UK and share production space and costs with Sky?

Of course this is all speculation! Hopefully they will leave things as they are for the foreseeable future.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:29 PM
The Spiky One

It would only effect the main games on the TV I guess, all the games shown on NBC Sports Gold pretty much don't involve any studio work.

The main game they show on NBC itself can't leave it late enough or get away soon enough to warrant a studio bar a little half time chat interspersed with commercials, that leaves the one or two games on NBC Sport channel and the midweek games occasionally.

Thinking about it, it does seem to be becoming an unnecessary expense to fly in the two Robbies (and Rebecca from the West coast) just for that - sadly.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:24 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Showing back to back 0-0 games involving Liverpool cannot have helped their ratings. Palace scored 7 and conceded 2 during the same weekends. 9 goals in 2 games would be far more appealing that 0 goals.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:15 PM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Thinking about it, it does seem to be becoming an unnecessary expense to fly in the two Robbies (and Rebecca from the West coast) just for that - sadly.

They live on the East Coast
Old 04-03-2019, 07:50 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
They live on the East Coast
Didn't realize that... thanks.