Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:04 PM
mott eagle

mott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmott eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
All the best damo and thank you . You are ,with a select few players ,one of the reasons we are where we are . That play off moment bought a lump to the throat and I wish you well whatever you do next .
This 👍
Old 10-05-2018, 12:16 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
Rumour has it that Damo was offered another year but has decided to hang up his boots to take on triathlons ,
Good luck Damo we will never forget the many many great games and moments you had with us , Thanks Damo .
dAMO GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN for your part in the heroics of the last few years. Wishing you all the best whatever you do
Old 10-05-2018, 12:18 PM

CamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Loved him since the home game against Sheff Weds in the promotion season (I think it was his debut) - he was great and went absolutely apeshit over some ref decision or other which I don't really remember now. Anyway, he was instant Palace in my book and I always think of that game as the first one where you got the feeling something special was going to happen.

Cheers Damo!
Old 10-05-2018, 12:44 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberleyEagle View Post
Loved him since the home game against Sheff Weds in the promotion season (I think it was his debut) - he was great and went absolutely apeshit over some ref decision or other which I don't really remember now. Anyway, he was instant Palace in my book and I always think of that game as the first one where you got the feeling something special was going to happen.

Cheers Damo!
He steamed into a ruck that day. It was exactly what the team needed, some fire.

Doing his impression of Thermopylae at Reading away in the cup to protect Zaha was class too.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:42 PM
Class Warrior

Dom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberleyEagle View Post

Cheers Damo!
Ref gave us a penalty and then changed his mind. That game also saw a big impact from Bolasie and Murray, and set off our charge to the top of the table.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:04 PM

CaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
He steamed into a ruck that day. It was exactly what the team needed, some fire.

Doing his impression of Thermopylae at Reading away in the cup to protect Zaha was class too.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:17 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
He'll be one of those we remember fondly for years. Great back story and always gave a great interview, and I bet we've made him a Palace fan.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:29 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaterhamEagle View Post
Such a fantastic photo. Better than the Costa one.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:52 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaterhamEagle View Post
Got to be one of the best Palace images of recent years, worthy of the Hy scrap book definitely. (Presuming this isn't one of hers)

I don't think we ever fully replaced the steel he and Jedi brought to the side, though I suppose Luka's helped somewhat in that regard.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:45 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Worth re-watching. Love you Damo.
End of the most wonderful era, there was always something so great about Damo who just defined what Palace was and still is under CPFC2010. I really hope in the next few vital seasons we don't lose that Damo spirit that has held this squad together for so long and achieved so much.

God bless you Damo!
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 10-05-2018, 09:08 PM

dilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
End of the most wonderful era, there was always something so great about Damo who just defined what Palace was and still is under CPFC2010. I really hope in the next few vital seasons we don't lose that Damo spirit that has held this squad together for so long and achieved so much.

God bless you Damo!
Wouldn't be against having him around in some coaching capacity
Old 10-05-2018, 09:14 PM
California Palace

CPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Love the guy. Will always represent Palace to me along with a select few.

Please join the Southern California Palace Supporters pages.

Twitter https://twitter.com/CPFC_SoCal
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/cpfcsocal/
--
Looking for a Dallas Realtor?
Old 10-05-2018, 09:19 PM

Alfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for youAlfie's army is just too good for you
Top man damo!!! will never forget his reaction to getting promoted just befor us getting the cup, this guy gave all and really cared about the club.
Good luck in what you do next damo!
Old 10-05-2018, 09:22 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Love the man. Proper Palace heart on his sleeve legend
Old 10-05-2018, 09:28 PM

cybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecybais : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks Damo. You're a Palace legend to many fans and all the best!
Old 10-05-2018, 09:41 PM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
No Damo - no Crystanbul
Old 10-05-2018, 09:43 PM
your best is an idiot!

Leopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is here
My favourite modern era Palace player. Others certainly have more skill, will score more goals, and will deservedly get greater praise, but DD reminded me of why I feel in love with Palace. He gave 100% heart and soul into his game.....he was written off by many......and he always managed to prove his doubters wrong.
I would urge anybody not to remember him for the mistakes that he made, but for the absolute fighting spirit that saw him hold a regular place in our side. Remember the sliding block in the play off final, the way he kept Costa in his pocket, his (no doubt) aching bollocks after that Chelsea game, the numerous last ditch tackles, the tears as he slumped to the concrete after collecting his winners medal and the celebration that followed (the picture of him in front of the team arms outstretched has been on my wall since the day after it happened).
I'm a 48 yr old man, I thought my days of player worship were long gone.
I love Wilf (he will without doubt be the best Palace player I ever see), PVA is steadily becoming a favourite, I'm excited by the future that AWB could have, Luka is the captain we deserve, Jimmy Mc is a true warrior. The list could go on.
But DD has always struck me as a player that was created in the same mould as some of my first Palace heroes.
When all is said and done, and he announces it's time to move on, I'll have a pint in his honour.....and probably shed a tear.
Goodbye and thank you....to someone I consider a ******** legend.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:06 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch View Post
My favourite modern era Palace player. Others certainly have more skill, will score more goals, and will deservedly get greater praise, but DD reminded me of why I feel in love with Palace. He gave 100% heart and soul into his game.....he was written off by many......and he always managed to prove his doubters wrong.
I would urge anybody not to remember him for the mistakes that he made, but for the absolute fighting spirit that saw him hold a regular place in our side. Remember the sliding block in the play off final, the way he kept Costa in his pocket, his (no doubt) aching bollocks after that Chelsea game, the numerous last ditch tackles, the tears as he slumped to the concrete after collecting his winners medal and the celebration that followed (the picture of him in front of the team arms outstretched has been on my wall since the day after it happened).
I love Wilf (he will without doubt be the best Palace player I ever see), PVA is steadily becoming a favourite, I'm excited by the future that AWB could have, Luka is the captain we deserve, Jimmy Mc is a true warrior. The list could go on.
But DD has always struck me as a player that was created in the same mould as some of my first Palace heroes.
When all is said and done, and he announces it's time to move on, I'll have a pint in his honour.....and probably shed a tear.
Nailed it :
Old 10-05-2018, 10:58 PM

pin66 knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?pin66 knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?pin66 knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?pin66 knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?pin66 knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?pin66 knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?pin66 knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?pin66 knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?pin66 knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?pin66 knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?pin66 knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?
Dam right!!
Old 10-05-2018, 11:04 PM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch View Post
Great piece. Certainly deserves a fantastic send off.