Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 27-05-2019, 04:02 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
The mail article that Zaha was a willing participant in? The one his agent arranged?
Odd for anyone to deny the basis of that article for sure.
I'm not saying any of it was a lie or not a prearranged interview but how his answers to the questions had been interpreted were pure clickbate and would be the same answer any player would have given.

Edit. At no point did he say "I want to leave"

Old 27-05-2019, 04:25 PM

MikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
What impressed me about that video was his mate. He seems a real sound bloke and they obviously have a friendship which is strong. Good to see. I think he has now reached the top of my all time Palace heroes so much so I have named my new dog after him
Your dog's just too good for you!
Old 27-05-2019, 04:33 PM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Really changed my mind and can’t see him going unless a Huge club PSG or Barcelona come calling he will be here next season.
Old 28-05-2019, 12:01 AM

hdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wilf and Aaron both have their roots in South London as can be seen clearly in their localised videos like returning to their old schools to standing ovations.

Only some press portray them as looking to leave Palace but they have said nothing of the sort and that is why they signed long contracts with the club.

COYP
Old 28-05-2019, 06:52 AM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Has he been linked with Newcastle yet?
Old 28-05-2019, 07:03 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Wilf and Aaron both have their roots in South London as can be seen clearly in their localised videos like returning to their old schools to standing ovations.

Only some press portray them as looking to leave Palace but they have said nothing of the sort and that is why they signed long contracts with the club.

COYP
No, they signed long contracts as it was financially beneficial for them at the time of signing. That has no impact on whether they may want to leave and further their careers elsewhere

Of course it does have an impact in that the club are at least able to ask for sensible fees for them, if this happens
Old 28-05-2019, 08:18 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
What impressed me about that video was his mate. He seems a real sound bloke and they obviously have a friendship which is strong. Good to see. I think he has now reached the top of my all time Palace heroes so much so I have named my new dog after him 👍🏻
Awesome what breed?. A Staffie ?.
Old 28-05-2019, 10:14 AM

hdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The contracts were happily signed to end transfer speculation surrounding both players.

You would not sign a long term binding contract with no release clause if you were looking to leave a club.
Old 28-05-2019, 10:24 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
The contracts were happily signed to end transfer speculation surrounding both players.

You would not sign a long term binding contract with no release clause if you were looking to leave a club.
Good grief man (or lady). You really live in a Mary Poppins world. You think they signed them to stop reports? Not because it bagged them a load of money? Yes, they both like being here but stop living in a fictional world where the sun shines everyday - If they get an offer that suits us and them financially they will be off to pastures new. Wilf didn't HAVE to do that interview and knew exactly what would come of it. Don't be naive. He's our best player of all time and I love Wilf but he will leave one day and to a bigger club.
Old 28-05-2019, 10:31 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Palace are smart at killing off the speculation from the shithouse journo's each season, that video is a pleasant 2 fingers up at the *****.
Old 28-05-2019, 10:50 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
What impressed me about that video was his mate. He seems a real sound bloke and they obviously have a friendship which is strong. Good to see. I think he has now reached the top of my all time Palace heroes so much so I have named my new dog after him 👍🏻
His mate blaming his boots for his poor touch, and now he’s got a new pair everything’ll be fine, cracked me up.
Old 28-05-2019, 11:09 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:

What absolute drivel
Old 28-05-2019, 11:35 AM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Look, I've said this before and I'll say it again.

I'm sure the contract between Wilf and the Club was good for both sides.
For Wilf, because he got a whacking pay rise and for the Club, because if he did leave, longer left on the contract will be better for his resale for his sale value, i/o him running down his old contract.

Obviously, the Club don't want him to go but Parish and most of us, on here, are realistic enough to accept that Wilf will leave, one day, maybe this Summer and at least, the newer Contract, safeguards the Club, better financially.
Old 28-05-2019, 11:36 AM

CPFC_AwayDays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_AwayDays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_AwayDays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_AwayDays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_AwayDays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_AwayDays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_AwayDays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_AwayDays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_AwayDays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_AwayDays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_AwayDays : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

You would as it’s a pay rise and a massive sign on fee.....the same as Payet at West Ham
Old 28-05-2019, 11:44 AM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Quote:

Explain what happened with Philippe Coutinho then?
Old 28-05-2019, 11:45 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:

No, the contracts safeguard the clubs investment in the players and rewards them for signing. Anything more than that is hopeful extrapolation by fans that want to believe in a perfect world not the one we actually live in
Old 28-05-2019, 04:26 PM

Wilf says in this article how much staying in South London means to him as he can stay close to his family and his friends.

It is amazing how some Palace fans doubt his loyalty and yet believe media rumours that he wants to leave when there is nothing to back these claims up but hearsay from journos looking for clickbait which happens every transfer window.

Palace want to keep Wilf and Wilf wants to stay in South London and so nothing has changed.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 28-05-2019, 04:28 PM
Zuffenhausen

Quote:
Wilf says in this article how much staying in South London means to him as he can stay close to his family and his friends.

It is amazing how some Palace fans doubt his loyalty and yet believe media rumours that he wants to leave when there is nothing to back these claims up but hearsay from journos looking for clickbait which happens every transfer window.

Palace want to keep Wilf and Wilf wants to stay in South London and so nothing has changed.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
You are utterly deluded
Old 28-05-2019, 04:32 PM

Where is any proof that Palace are prepared to sell Wilf and where has he said that he wants to leave Palace ?
Old 28-05-2019, 04:37 PM
Zuffenhausen

Quote:
Where is any proof that Palace are prepared to sell Wilf and where has he said that he wants to leave Palace ?
No ne has said there is any

You are however utterly deluded to think hat a few words in the local press and the fact he has a long term contract preclude him leaving

I'm sure we don't want to sell him, but it the right club (For Wilfs ambition) enquire and offer the right money, he will leave, and good luck to him, should that happen

Lets face it, he's never going to win anything at Palace, but he is good enough to play for a side that could win the league or a European trophy, so maybe he would like that on his CV