Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-12-2017, 09:24 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
He must start games it's that simple. We are in a relegation scrap. He's what we need not a strutting show pony like Loftus Cheek.
What bollocks.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 13-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
What bollocks.
It took 30 minutes for me to hear RLC's name mentioned by the commentators. McArthur made an impact within 30 seconds.
Old 13-12-2017, 09:51 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
It took 30 minutes for me to hear RLC's name mentioned by the commentators. McArthur made an impact within 30 seconds.
I'm not comparing Macca to Loftus Cheek with that response as you could see by my previous post before that. But to suggest Loftus Cheek is a strutting show pony is stupid. He's being played out of position but always remains a threat when he gets the ball. The more central he gets the more dangerous he becomes, he links up with Zaha very well.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 13-12-2017, 09:54 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm not comparing Macca to Loftus Cheek with that response as you could see by my previous post before that. But to suggest Loftus Cheek is a strutting show pony is stupid. He's being played out of position but always remains a threat when he gets the ball. The more central he gets the more dangerous he becomes, he links up with Zaha very well.
His defensive contribution is shocking though.

3 minutes in showed that.
Old 13-12-2017, 09:57 AM

BarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Total pro. Only second to Wilf as my favourite current player. Met him a couple of times and he's a down to earth bloke with a good sense of humour.
Old 13-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm not saying he's not good on the ball, but we need contributions at both ends. I would also play him centrally so it's not so vital that he tracks back. He needs to learn quickly that he's not so good that he doesn't need to work hard, especially when playing in a weaker side.

Marouane Chamakh managed to learn that so hopefully he can too.
Old 13-12-2017, 10:14 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Interestingly the three club's he's been at will all be a similar time when his contract runs out and he's kept up his scoring record in all three. Feels like he's been here a lot longer that from 2014. There's no airs and graces with Macca, he is what he is and that's a hard working pro that rarely lets you down. I don't know for sure but he doesn't involve himself with social media. Just get on with his job, has a smile on his face and seems an all round nice guy too.

2005–2010 Hamilton Academical 168 (10)
2010–2014 Wigan Athletic 129 (11)
2014– Crystal Palace 102 (10)
Old 13-12-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
His defensive contribution is shocking though.

3 minutes in showed that.
I agree defensively he lacks a lot, but at the end of the day when you've had the amount of first team appearances as what he's had at his age it's hardly surprising. He's played in a setup where he's only familiar with being on the front foot and a style of football which revolves around one dynamic and style of play.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 13-12-2017, 10:32 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Loftus needs to be moved centrally. His defensive faults or highlighted even further by Schlupp, who was once again awful. We were crying out for Jimmy 10 mins earlier centrally.
Old 13-12-2017, 11:07 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorleyStu View Post
Maybe time to drop Townsend to accommodate both Cabaye and MacArthur.
As an aside, maybe Sako deserves a go instead of Townsend
Old 13-12-2017, 11:14 AM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
Jimmy has plenty of energy. He buzzes around up top and does he fair share of defensive duties. I would welcome him coming in for RLC who I think is pretty overrated
Old 13-12-2017, 11:20 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Has looked more like the player he was when we signed him, being syndical I wonder if he is playing for a new contract?
Old 13-12-2017, 12:08 PM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Only midfielder to score goals.
Old 13-12-2017, 12:28 PM

Sureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSureagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Mcarthur''s finish for our winning goal yesterday reminded me of Dwight Gaye''s finish for our 2nd goal in the 3-3 with Liverpool in 2014.
Old 13-12-2017, 12:32 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Loftus needs to be moved centrally. His defensive faults or highlighted even further by Schlupp, who was once again awful. We were crying out for Jimmy 10 mins earlier centrally.
Me too, possibly even earlier than that.
Old 13-12-2017, 12:33 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureagle View Post
Mcarthur''s finish for our winning goal yesterday reminded me of Dwight Gaye''s finish for our 2nd goal in the 3-3 with Liverpool in 2014.
Snap.
Old 13-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
As an aside, maybe Sako deserves a go instead of Townsend
I know he really isn't but perhaps he could play the second striker role alongside Benteke, towards the end of matches, allowing Wilf to move out to the wing and get crosses in - like he did yesterday, with two assists.
Old 13-12-2017, 01:15 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureagle View Post
Reminded me of Puncheon's against Spurs for Pardew's first league game; same left-sided build-up from Wilf as well, though the deflection that night was more pronounced
Old 13-12-2017, 01:42 PM

BarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good shouts on both accounts, immediately reminded me of the Gayle goal though.
Old 14-12-2017, 12:37 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko1 View Post
Please explain how Loftus Cheek is a 'strutting show pony' ??
I have some sympathy for his plight out wide. However mainly because he takes his obvious talents and does f'ck all with them. Struts about at half speed and simply doesn't provide many key moments.