Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 18-04-2017, 03:08 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
Any news about the new site for the academy / training ground ?
I'd like to know too. More pressing than the ground redevelopment.
Old 18-04-2017, 03:20 PM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Someone new has been brought in to the academy set-up. Haven't gotten round to writing it up yet but it's a good appointment and will help us in the search for Cat 1
I've not seen anything on the Club's website about this. Has it been announced yet?
Old 18-04-2017, 04:09 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
I've not seen anything on the Club's website about this. Has it been announced yet?
I don't think Palace will announce it. I'll write it soon.

Nothing new on academy site when I spoke to Gary Issott recently.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 19-04-2017, 01:55 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
I believe that I read somewhere that he would look at introducing the likes of Kaikai when we are safe. Win tomorrow and we may see some new blood over the coming weeks.
I don't see the logic of playing youth when we are safe. Spurs and Soton manage to play youth in the normal season as well as cup games. Soton have given plenty of games to Ward Prowse, Harrison Reed, Matt Targett, some to Josh Sims - none of which even had league experience on loan. They also started McQueen against us as well who has has only had 1 loan at Southend, unlike Stephens who has had plenty of loans.

People will say that games at the end of the season were not properly competitive games and therefore don't show whether you are ready. Similar to the vibe they say when they have impressed out on loan but they talk about the step up.

I'm very pro Big Sam but he didn't even give a start to KaiKai in the cup games etc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones14 View Post
1/ Are the kids good enough at present?
2/ If so, will they make a difference to a game if used?
3/ The run in (opponents) has to be a factor as to why they're not used.
4/ Is there a place (positionally/tactically) on our bench for youth?

I'm all for giving kids a game, but circumstances have to be right. With the future of the club so reliant on the TV money, you'd have to think the more seasoned and experienced players are the best option.
Let's hope we are safe with a few games to go and a couple of the young ones can get a run out.
See the Pocc article. He thinks British talent is good enough. They just need an opportunity. I'd ask more, are they going to be any worse than Mutch, Lee, Ledley... even if short term better based on their work rate due to the opportunity they are getting. The emphasis is the wrong way around. Especially when in certain positions on the pitch.

Does Joe Ledley make a difference? Did Mutch on the left wing make more of a difference than KaiKai...? Why is the bar set higher for them. They are only likely to get better at their age unlike the likes of those like Mutch who have been given so many chances. I wish a few youth players were given the same time and faith.

Clubs have bigger benches now, which they pad out with journeymen no better than youth to avoid playing youth itself. With the bigger benches there is no excuse on this front. When you can find a place for Campbell and Mutch you can find out for a youth player. Maybe the new EPL rule is a great thing indeed!

It seems like every possible excuse/barrier is used to prevent youth being given a chance rather than the other way around.

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 21-04-2017, 07:11 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I spoke to Paddy McCarthy recently about retirement and taking up the role as U18 boss. To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 24-04-2017, 10:11 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I spoke to Paddy McCarthy recently about retirement and taking up the role as U18 boss. To view the link you have to Register or Login
Really interesting piece - thanks Shame we lost a youth coach to Arsenal though

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
Old 27-04-2017, 10:01 AM
DGFootball Pod

Oh dear. I despair at the culture around playing youth at Prem clubs these days. I think Palace are just as bad as the majority:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Also on ACAST too:
Old 29-04-2017, 10:45 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Hearing that Palace might have signed Chelsea academy forward Kit Elliott. Has played for England U16s this season. Not 100% on it though.

Old 29-04-2017, 10:57 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hearing that Palace might have signed Chelsea academy forward Kit Elliott. Has played for England U16s this season. Not 100% on it though.
Interesting - thanks Woosie. I have no idea who he is but the words, Chelsea, England and forward go together nicely Hopefully even better now with the word Palace thrown in. COYP
Old 29-04-2017, 11:49 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post
Oh dear. I despair at the culture around playing youth at Prem clubs these days. I think Palace are just as bad as the majority:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Its almost as if you have someone close in the academy?
Old 29-04-2017, 12:18 PM

eagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Its almost as if you have someone close in the academy?
Well, I don't, but I agree with him.
Old 29-04-2017, 12:54 PM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Interesting - thanks Woosie. I have no idea who he is but the words, Chelsea, England and forward go together nicely Hopefully even better now with the word Palace thrown in. COYP
Better than Chelsea,France and forward!
Old 29-04-2017, 07:29 PM
DGFootball Pod

I don't either. I'd just rather see a youngster than a Frazier Campbell

Also on ACAST too:
Old 29-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Who was the player wearing 35 warming up with the squad before the game?
Old 29-04-2017, 07:56 PM

KingClinton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingClinton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingClinton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingClinton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingClinton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingClinton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingClinton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingClinton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingClinton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingClinton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingClinton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Luke Dreher
Old 03-05-2017, 10:35 PM
DGFootball Pod

NEW SPECIAL POD OUT - Featuring Woosie and a lot of Palace youth talk! Enjoy

DGFootball on iTunes, Acast and SoundCloud

Also on ACAST too:
Old 15-05-2017, 02:37 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great to hear Parish on the podcast talking about Dreher, Flanagan and Kirby potentially breaking through next season. Lets hope we see some of them next weekend.

Also sounds like we have 18 months to get ready for a Cat 1 application. Glad its on the agenda.
Old 15-05-2017, 03:03 PM

Jimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Any update on this Woosie?
Old 16-05-2017, 03:38 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Great to hear Parish on the podcast talking about Dreher, Flanagan and Kirby potentially breaking through next season. Lets hope we see some of them next weekend.

Also sounds like we have 18 months to get ready for a Cat 1 application. Glad its on the agenda.
Yes really interesting listening.

Parish said had we been in a better situation this season we definitely would've seen some of the kids involved. Some will be involved with the first team pre season. Sam wants to bring them into the side and has spoken to Parish about it at length. Looking at not blocking their pathway into the first team through our recruitment.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 16-05-2017, 05:26 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Eagle View Post
Any update on this Woosie?
Haven't heard anything new on it. Will see if I can find out.

I'd be surprised if any of those three mentioned don't go out on loan. All are midfielders as well. Kirby the most highly regarded, and understandably so.