Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-04-2019, 07:27 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
If he’s fit then I can see a free transfer to a championship team in the summer. He needs to try & rebuild his career but more importantly prove he can stay healthy. Wish him all the best but he’s done here..
With his injury record, which Championship team will pay his £60-65k a week ? Him and Andy Carroll are like peas in a pod.
Old 15-04-2019, 07:47 AM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMH57 View Post
With his injury record, which Championship team will pay his £60-65k a week ? Him and Andy Carroll are like peas in a pod.
No one mate. It’s going to cost us either way just perhaps a bit less if we can get some mugs to take him on.
Old 15-04-2019, 08:48 AM
Lost in space

oldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
Is he still out of favour or injured again?
If he's injured it must be self inflicted which supports the report that he is too impatient with himself and the club by declaring himself fit when he isn't.
Old 25-04-2019, 07:39 AM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is he injured or has Roy just completely given up on him?
Old 25-04-2019, 07:59 AM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Is he injured or has Roy just completely given up on him?
He was in one of those shooting practice training videos last week so I don't think he's injured.

Personally he's a player I would like to see given a chance but with Benteke and Batshuayi here as out and out centre forwards and Sako & Ayew offering another option I can understand why it's hard to find a place for him.
Old 25-04-2019, 08:14 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is he fit? is he not fit? debate has to end this summer and CW be moved on, which may not be popular to some who still keep insisting he Will come good even after all this time when you can count on One Hand the number of competitive games he has played in the past 3 seasons.
This complete waste of wages needs to end asap, did we not learn our lesson from persisting in keeping on Jonny Williams? until years later having not played for Palace realised the error of our judgement and then finally released him.
Surely this summer is the time when we Must move on ALL of the deadwood and free up funds for new fresh blood.
Old 25-04-2019, 08:19 AM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
May as well keep him for next season and see what he can do and see whether he can keep himself fit.

Out of contract at the end of next season so we would need to make a decision on his future going forward.

Be good to see him have a full pre season and then be playing some competitive games. Always thought he looked decent when he was fit.

I would expect Bats to go back to Chelsea as he would be very expensive to buy and high wages. I think he is the type of Striker who comes alive in the box and less so the build up play outside the box. Bit of a luxury player for a team like Palace.

Think there could be some big changes this summer but we shall see.
Old 25-04-2019, 08:22 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Think he is our best striker even in the brief moments he came back before being injured again he had something about him.

Don't think they will risk him again this season now and let him come back fresh pre-season.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 25-04-2019, 08:31 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Come on guys, he's done.
Old 25-04-2019, 08:51 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Come on guys, he's done.

If he is finished... he could have probably got a massive insurance pay out. For me... I rate him... he has had a horrendous injury...but hopefully, with a pre-season and some conditioning... he can surprise a few people.

www.palacecomrades.com
Old 25-04-2019, 09:36 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The similarities between Wickham and Carroll :

Both over 6 foot 3. Both bulky centre forwards. Both now playing for London clubs on long well paid contracts , having had their best seasons playing in the North-East. Both have glamour model girlfriends/wives with young families.

Over the past 8 seasons:

Carroll has averaged 19 league appearances with an average of 4.3 goals.
Wickham has averaged 16 league appearances with an average of 3.4 goals

Carroll now to be released by West Ham at the end of his 5 year contract.
Wickham's 5 year contract ending at the end of next season.

We should all have a good idea how this one plays out.
Old 25-04-2019, 09:42 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
It’s a good job that one of them definitely doesn’t have a drug habit

www.palacecomrades.com
Old 25-04-2019, 09:42 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
The difference is that one of them loves the chisel.

(Too quick for me, mushroom.)
Old 25-04-2019, 09:45 AM

no comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hard to say. Jonny Williams was "finished" - he's played 15 times for Charlton since joining them in January.
Old 25-04-2019, 09:47 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
This is he fit? is he not fit? debate has to end this summer and CW be moved on, which may not be popular to some who still keep insisting he Will come good even after all this time when you can count on One Hand the number of competitive games he has played in the past 3 seasons.
This complete waste of wages needs to end asap, did we not learn our lesson from persisting in keeping on Jonny Williams? until years later having not played for Palace realised the error of our judgement and then finally released him.
Surely this summer is the time when we Must move on ALL of the deadwood and free up funds for new fresh blood.
As much as I love Jonny Williams, Wickham has proven for us he can score goals in the Prem and big games (FA Cup Semi). When fit, he was fantastic for us. A knee injury can take time and he has had lots of subsequent niggles. Williams even when fit never had as much influence for us in the Prem.

No point in moving on as doubt we will get any money for him and wont gert many better 4th choice strikers who potentially could be 1st or 2nd choice if fit and back firing.
Old 25-04-2019, 10:20 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
I wonder if they have decided not to play him to allow a longer recovery time.
Old 25-04-2019, 11:07 AM
Crap Clique member

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I wonder if they have decided not to play him to allow a longer recovery time.
I get that feeling.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 25-04-2019, 11:08 AM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
I get the impression that Roy doesn't like Wickham for some reason. It might just be that he was genuinely pessimistic about his fitness but from a few comments in press conferences and occasions where you'd think Wickham should've played but didn't it seemed like he wasn't in favour.

Werner Herzog
Old 25-04-2019, 11:11 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
I wouldn't be surprised if Roy just thinks why put someone in the team that will he injured again in 2 games. It's hardly a way to build a team.
Old 25-04-2019, 11:31 AM

ForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifo View Post
He was in one of those shooting practice training videos last week so I don't think he's injured.

Personally he's a player I would like to see given a chance but with Benteke and Batshuayi here as out and out centre forwards and Sako & Ayew offering another option I can understand why it's hard to find a place for him.
Three of the four you mention are unlikely to be at the club next season. Be interesting to see what happens then.