Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-05-2019, 01:48 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
I think Milky knew that.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 14-05-2019, 01:56 PM

TennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I think Milky knew that.
Old 14-05-2019, 03:15 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
We did. We all thought it was the best game we had seen all season.
I didn't. Thought beating City at the Ethiad was better. And bearing Arsenal at the Emirates. Etc etc.

Beating a depleted Bournemouth with a depleted Palace in an end of season game with little to play for was fun, but it wasn't the best we've played or the best we've beaten.
Old 14-05-2019, 07:49 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Sunday's 5-3 win was easily the most enjoyable home Premier League game of the season but some of our away performances have been more satisfying.

COYP
Old 14-05-2019, 07:55 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
We did. We all thought it was the best game we had seen all season. Roy's post match comments were that he didn't like and enjoy it. Each to their own.

I think the comments above are wholly reasonable. There was much debate about the Speroni issue on these boards prior to the game. The majority wanted him involved in the matchday squad either starting or on the bench.

After Townsends goal on 80 minutes, Bournemouth needed 3 goals to affect anything meaningful for us and that was financial. Wet Ham had ensured we couldn't move up a place by then and we were 2 goals in the lead. Subs should have been coming on at that point.

Sako is a pretty meaningless one, as he left us last summer and should really do so again this summer.

It would have been a great opportunity to bring Dreher on with a reasonable number of minutes given he was brought on into a pretty benign area of the pitch, and we could have seen Speroni.

There was no way he was going to use Tavares in that game IMO and he only made the bench due to an injury. RH had a second opportunity to add Speroni to the bench but didn't.

Yes people who would prefer to move on from Roy will find fault in areas others wouldn't but most i know were disappointed with some of the decisions again at the weekend which are part and parcel of what you get with RH.
So GG were you amongst those disappointed. You didnt seem to want to commit there but reading between the lines...
Old 29-06-2019, 10:01 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
With AWB virtually gone and rumours of Zaha leaving, is there much point in keeping Hodgson on board?

Let's face it, the rebuild losing required losing two of our most important players will be massive and a rebuild which would require 5-6 players at a minimum who will all be on contracts of 3 years+. I just don't see the point in keeping Hodgson at the helm when in 12 months we could have a different manager with preferences of a different philosophy. This without forgetting there's also a possibility Luka could leave having not signed a new contract and with just twelve months remaining.

For the record I support Hodgson and don't actively want him out. But I feel longer term it would be in our best interests to start thinking that way with the money we may inherit and need to spend.

A tough one, i would fully hope DF has a plan in his head.

Clinton Morrison.

Like my new page on facebook please!

www.facebook.com/bryantswm
Old 29-06-2019, 10:43 AM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If we lose AWB and WZ then I think it’s even more important that we ensure Roy is our manager next year. Experienced, proven, successful and a good fit for the club. I would trust him to keep us in PL and rebuild.
Old 29-06-2019, 10:50 AM

glenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
With AWB virtually gone and rumours of Zaha leaving, is there much point in keeping Hodgson on board?

Let's face it, the rebuild losing required losing two of our most important players will be massive and a rebuild which would require 5-6 players at a minimum who will all be on contracts of 3 years+. I just don't see the point in keeping Hodgson at the helm when in 12 months we could have a different manager with preferences of a different philosophy. This without forgetting there's also a possibility Luka could leave having not signed a new contract and with just twelve months remaining.

For the record I support Hodgson and don't actively want him out. But I feel longer term it would be in our best interests to start thinking that way with the money we may inherit and need to spend.

I would trust Roy a little more than most with an attempted rebuild in this division. It wouldn't be exciting but probably the exact right time to trust a safe pair of hands from the dugout.
Old 29-06-2019, 11:13 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Its not really a total rebuild anyway. Probably 7-8 of our players will be the same as last year and one of the departures - AWB - is relatively easy to replace with someone competent at this level while probably not having his star quality in our eyes.

Guaita

New RB Sakho Tomkins PvA

3 from Macca, Luka, Meyer, Kouyate

Townsend, New Striker, New Wilf

Bench options - Hennessey, Ward, Dann, Kelly, Schlupp, maybe Reidewald, Wickham, Beneteke, Dreher, Woods etc maybe Kirby, maybe even Sorloth

Sure - replacing WZ is a challenge but its not a total rebuild and nor should it be, its more changing us to a team less reliant on one player.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 29-06-2019, 11:20 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Its not really a total rebuild anyway. Probably 7-8 of our players will be the same as last year and one of the departures - AWB - is relatively easy to replace with someone competent at this level while probably not having his star quality in our eyes.

Guaita

New RB Sakho Tomkins PvA

Bench options - Hennessey, Ward, Dann, Kelly, Schlupp, maybe Reidewald, Wickham, Beneteke, Dreher, Woods etc maybe Kirby, maybe even Sorloth

Sure - replacing WZ is a challenge but its not a total rebuild and nor should it be, its more changing us to a team less reliant on one player.
But Roy likes to play 442 so we need a winger and 2x strikers.
Old 29-06-2019, 11:21 AM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

It's crucial that we keep him. Stability will be key next season.

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 29-06-2019, 11:41 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine lucas View Post
If we lose AWB and WZ then I think it’s even more important that we ensure Roy is our manager next year. Experienced, proven, successful and a good fit for the club. I would trust him to keep us in PL and rebuild.
Exactly this, I've resigned myself for another season of struggle, but if we stay up, Roy can hand over the reins satisfied with a job well done
Old 29-06-2019, 11:46 AM

S.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineS.P.R. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post

Guaita

New RB Sakho Tomkins PvA

This, remember Fulham, you cannot change too much too quick and no time to experiment in this League. A quality creative player and a striker and a good backup defender for Ward would do, possibly an AWB replacement but I would concentrate the funds on the forward two players.

I don't think Wilf will leave this summer though.
Old 29-06-2019, 02:01 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Totally this. If we had the managerial upheavals/changes we’ve had most seasons since coming up, then losing Wilf and AWB could’ve ended up as a disaster. Roy is Mr consistency and exactly the kind of manager we need at this juncture.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 29-06-2019, 02:33 PM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Totally this.
Old 29-06-2019, 09:02 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Roy in
Old 29-06-2019, 11:30 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Bringing a new manager in would not guarantee they would last the 3 years needed to rebuild. When was the last time we had a manager that lasted for 3 years?
Old 29-06-2019, 11:42 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
The usual scenario at this point is the manager gets pissed off with something the club's doing and leaves before the start of the season.

I think Roy's too pragmatic for that but this is Palace.

Werner Herzog
Old 30-06-2019, 12:02 AM

Madden is like ice, their footing does betrayMadden is like ice, their footing does betrayMadden is like ice, their footing does betrayMadden is like ice, their footing does betrayMadden is like ice, their footing does betrayMadden is like ice, their footing does betrayMadden is like ice, their footing does betrayMadden is like ice, their footing does betrayMadden is like ice, their footing does betrayMadden is like ice, their footing does betrayMadden is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
When was the last time we had a manager that lasted for 3 years?
1993 Steve Coppell!
Old 30-06-2019, 12:48 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Wow , lose Wilf and we’ll need Roy more than ever imo. Df plan ? Who would you trust more to keep us up and not stitch us up. . Roy’s record at clubs our size is outstanding throw in the fact he’s one of our own and it’s a win win. In Roy we trust