Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-12-2018, 07:31 PM

lewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He came in didn’t concede granted didn’t have a lot to do but I would say he should keep his place next weekend and if we lose 4-0 and he pulls of 2 worldies (horrible typing word) he plays again against Cardiff. Only way he gets dropped now is with some world class **** ups in two games that’s how it should work
Old 15-12-2018, 07:32 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
I'd recommend a good optician. Or, actually, even a bad one will do.
Old 15-12-2018, 07:32 PM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
a match winner. just what we have been missing
Old 15-12-2018, 07:34 PM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
There's a few making comments. They can't let the Hen go, I think its personal but hopefully when Guaita gets an extended run they will see exactly what we have been missing from a Goalkeeper.

It's ironic a few of the Hennessey lovers told me last week that I didn't know what I was talking about, but having spoken to someone quite well thought of in the Goalkeeping fraternity on a professional level this week he said he agreed with me that Wayne's footwork was poor last week and he should have done better with all three goals (The third even I think that might be a bit harsh).

I know whose opinion value more.
Oooh look at you the goalkeeping messiah!
Internazionale

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
You've played in goal for a Sunday league team for 27 years so that means you're an expert at judging a goalkeeper at one of the highest levels possible?

It's pretty obvious you have a vendetta against Hennessey because you think he's a shit goalkeeper. I have no doubt that it's nothing about him as a person, but do come across as obsessive.
Not sure of your point. So because I haven't played pro that means my ability to watch and observe is less?! Not sure that's necessarily true.

Not like I've predicted several youngsters have a bright future at Palace only to end up released.

(Ps. That was an ironic joke to lighten the mood before anyone starts!)

I just want to add this Matt as an aside... The reason I never played at a higher level is because I was never blessed with great height, I am 5ft 7in, I was scouted by Charlton Athletic, Fulham, Millwall, Crystal Palace, Wimbledon, Leyton Orient and Arsenal as a youngster and all turned me down because I was too small rather than my ability. The Charlton scout who saw me when I was 18 years old told my manager, "It's a shame your goalkeeper isn't 6 inches taller otherwise he would already be playing in the Premier League.", which whilst slightly gutting I also take as a massive compliment and something I look back on with immense pride.

Even after that my Dad tried to get me a trial at Tooting & Mitcham who scoffed at the thought when he told them I was 5'7". So let's not just go judging someone just because you don't like what they have to say.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 15-12-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Internazionale

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
Oooh look at you the goalkeeping messiah!
Old 15-12-2018, 07:40 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWoosie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Not sure of your point. So because I haven't played pro that means my ability to watch and observe is less?! Not sure that's necessarily true.

Not like I've predicted several youngsters have a bright future at Palace only to end up released.

(Ps. That was an ironic joke to lighten the mood before anyone starts!)
Ha, yes I have in my naivety previously predicted that several youngsters had a bright future here. I was very naive back then and you'll notice I've not made similar mistakes since

My point was that it seemed like you were suggesting that being a goalkeeper meant that your opinion was worth significantly more and was more accurate. Apologies if that was not the case.

Ultimately I still think you have an unnecessary focus on WH (maybe because as you say you're a GK yourself), and we all tend to focus on a player or two and have very strong opinions, but you've got to admit you analyse WH far more deeply than most people, and it comes across (again, perhaps I'm wrong) as though you feel you have to justify your dislike for him as a player but pointing out tiny things which to most people aren't mistakes.

But yes, it is a little easy for threads on here where people have strong opinions to get avoidably heated.

Guaita did superbly to make the save he did, but I don't think we should be going overboard with praise - it makes things even more polarised.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 15-12-2018, 07:52 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Keeps the shirt after that. No doubt.
Old 15-12-2018, 07:56 PM
Internazionale

I'm sorry if my passion for goalkeeping comes over a bit OTT to some sometimes but it's frustrating when you get some knobhead telling you you don't know what you are talking about when you know you do and then others jump on his bandwagon.

Anyway we won and Guaita kept a clean sheet, I am more than happy tonight.
Old 15-12-2018, 07:58 PM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Didn't get punished but should have. Was never a foul on him. Got lucky
Stonewall foul, shoved in the back, but agree he got lucky.
Old 15-12-2018, 07:59 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Didn't get punished but should have. Was never a foul on him. Got lucky
It was absolutely blatant. A guaranteed foul. No question of that.
Old 15-12-2018, 08:01 PM

Heppolette has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Heppolette has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Heppolette has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Heppolette has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Heppolette has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Heppolette has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Heppolette has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Heppolette has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Heppolette has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Heppolette has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Heppolette has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Hennessey has been decent for the best part of a year but this bloke was much quicker around the goal, had great hands in the conditions and made an absolutely stunning save. The incident in the first half was hairy but not the kindest of back passes and a clear foul.
Old 15-12-2018, 08:01 PM

stumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What. A. Save.
Old 15-12-2018, 08:02 PM
Banned by Moderators

Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Just seen the save tipping the ball onto the post. Blooming marvellous. From my view at the match I thought the shot hit the post with no intervention from Vincente.
Old 15-12-2018, 08:02 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It just felt like it was going to be our day when that poke from Vardy hit the post and rolled back into his hands.
Old 15-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks for clearing up that Hennessey was injured posters. If not it would be concerning.

I do think Guiata has now shown enough to play against city. If he plays like he did against Barca last season and with a little luck thrown in, we could get something out of that game. Not odds on but then neither was the result last time we played them.
Old 15-12-2018, 08:33 PM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What a save! Pure class!
Old 15-12-2018, 08:36 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Hennessey just would never have got a hand down to the ball that quickly to save the Vardy shot. It would have been 1-1 and the game dynamics would have changed. It would be quite possible that Leicester would have scored as we pushed for our second / match winner - we have seen it many many times under Hennessey as we crumble and concede another goal or two to lose the game.

In my mind it is absolutely clear and simple - Guaita earned us two if not three points today that we would not have got with Hennessey in goal. That is exactly what we have been missing week in and week out. It's like a breath of fresh air, and that surely will benefit the confidence of the defence, which spreads forwards throughout the team.

After a very difficult, and at times rather depressing period, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel again. Onwards and upwards.
Old 15-12-2018, 08:37 PM

Zulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is hereZulu84 Sam the man is here
Excellent save but has a terrible first touch and suspect decision making at least in this match.
Old 15-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Internazionale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu84 View Post
Excellent save but has a terrible first touch and suspect decision making at least in this match.
But as I said earlier in the match thread. This is the first time he has played with a first team defence. He needs time to play with them.

In the Carabao Cup he was usually playing behind Riedewald, Souare and Inniss.