Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 23-04-2019, 03:25 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
This season - and to a certain extent last - Hennessy has been much improved, I certainly wouldn't describe him as awful and I find the abuse of him OTT and unnecessary.

He is however still a below average premiership keeper, while to date Guita has been an above average keeper.

Is this not pretty much the ideal scenario you have a first choice above average keeper and a lower paid No.2 who is adequate if needs must and who can also pressure the No.1?

I agree with whoever (Woosie?) posted to say the entrenched positions have led to micro-analysis simply to point prove, and such over-analysis is both tedious and misses the bigger and largely positive picture.
Good post - as was Woosie's.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 23-04-2019, 03:28 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
This season - and to a certain extent last - Hennessy has been much improved, I certainly wouldn't describe him as awful and I find the abuse of him OTT and unnecessary.

He is however still a below average premiership keeper, while to date Guita has been an above average keeper.

Is this not pretty much the ideal scenario you have a first choice above average keeper and a lower paid No.2 who is adequate if needs must and who can also pressure the No.1?

I agree with whoever (Woosie?) posted to say the entrenched positions have led to micro-analysis simply to point prove, and such over-analysis is both tedious and misses the bigger and largely positive picture.
Hennessey is adequate (just about) if he has an in-form Tomkins and Sakho in front of him. I worry for the team were he behind Dann and Kelly (as he has showed his greatest vulnerability when one of Sakho or Tomkins is not playing)

And I also think it is now fair to judge Hennessey as a representative of the club following his Nazi salute, denial thereof and then plea of ignorance. Having him at the club let alone on the bench every week is not an ideal scenario
Old 23-04-2019, 03:52 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post

And I also think it is now fair to judge Hennessey as a representative of the club following his Nazi salute, denial thereof and then plea of ignorance. Having him at the club let alone on the bench every week is not an ideal scenario
That is separate from his goalkeeping abilities.

I have no opinion on it, the whole thing is impossible to judge. Hennessy may be completely innocent of Nazism or he may be a card carrying fascist but I doubt either of those extremes are likely.

More likely it is either him messing around on a lads night out or possibly just a freak capture of him shouting out. In the case of the former I don't have a problem, unless it was specifically aimed at someone for being german or jewish, in the case of the latter there is no case.
Old 23-04-2019, 06:18 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
It's a shame that the obsessive dislike for Hennessey has polarised views to the extent to which we now have this boring, incessant, unnecessary miniscule over-analysis of every single thing both goalkeepers do in every game, including when they concede. And that any attempt to suggest that Hennessey, whilst inferior to Guaita in more areas than not, is still not that bad, is met with derision.

Can't see how Guaita could have done better for either goal but there have certainly been times where Hennessey has been criticised for "being beaten at his near post."

Goalkeepers aren't infallible, who knew.
Personally I don't consider the analysis of the goalkeepers' performance to be any more boring than any of the other Palace related topics.
Old 27-04-2019, 03:53 PM

Palacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A great save to keep the clean sheet & win a point!
Old 27-04-2019, 03:54 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palacebear View Post
A great save to keep the clean sheet & win a point!
Great save. And there was a moment earlier where he came and claimed a high looping cross, going through Martin Kelly at the same time.
Old 27-04-2019, 03:56 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Well played again today v Everton. My MOM, but no real competition
Old 27-04-2019, 03:59 PM

Palacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Well played again today v Everton. My MOM, but no real competition

Me to, I canít think of any of our other players more deserving of MOM.
Old 27-04-2019, 04:02 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
It is difficult to think of any player who did well apart from Guaita who deserves man of the match for the excellent save from Tosun and the rest of his game in which he was very good and practically faultless.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Anyone who can’t see how much better he is than WH is truly thick as mince

Not just a bit better. On another level better
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Anyone who canít see how much better he is than WH is truly thick as mince
Thankfully the two main culprits have gone a bit quiet / been banned lately which helps.
Old 27-04-2019, 04:12 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:

Thak Goodness for him today because without him we definitely lose that.
Old 27-04-2019, 04:16 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
What a save.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 27-04-2019, 04:36 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Thankfully the two main culprits have gone a bit quiet / been banned lately which helps.
Thoughts in-exile?
Old 27-04-2019, 04:37 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

But still... I don't know what I am talking about.
Old 27-04-2019, 04:56 PM

Simmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well done Vince, another duck egg. I wonder what his Premier League GA / Clean sheet % is?
Old 27-04-2019, 04:59 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo the Elder View Post
Well done Vince, another duck egg. I wonder what his Premier League GA / Clean sheet % is?
17 games, 18 goals conceded, 8 clean sheets. So just shy of 1 in 2 clean sheets, would equal 18-19ish in a full season.

Hennessey 18 games, 26 conceded, 5 clean sheets.

Speroni obviously 1 game 4 conceded, 0 clean sheets.
Old 27-04-2019, 05:00 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Fantastic keeper, I was watching in a bar in Malaysia and that save was insane
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:

Agreed unless it is Burnley away - beautifully managed by Roy

Simmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thank you, Latvian, 44.44% is good