Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-12-2018, 01:42 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi View Post
He got into Garth Crooks team of the week!

Judging by what’s said on Hennessy when he did... he’s now world class!
Despite Crooks saying about the Vardy disallowed goal (paraphrased) "Back in the day it would've stood".

He's a knobhead is Crooks. Swear he's only got the job because of racism because it can't be punditry.
Old 17-12-2018, 01:43 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Right, and I addressed that, he wanted to be in Marseille.

The only interesting one was McCarthy, where we did not we know what we had, and chose not to find out. At that time everyone knew what Speroni was, what hennessey was and had little to no idea what McCarthy was, what his ceiling was. We chose not to play him and find out (based on performances in a very small sample size). That was pretty stupid and our loss was Southampton’s gain.
I take your point but despite England squad selection, I am yet to be convinced that McCarthy is a decent Prem GK. He is also very prone to costly mistakes
Old 17-12-2018, 01:44 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
It's between your legs Wayne

Old 17-12-2018, 01:45 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Very much depends how the ref sees it though. Hacking a player is illegal buy it doesnt stop Zaha not winning fouls.

Fact of the matter, it was a mistake to find himself in that position.
Very much so, and if Vardy had waited a split second he might have made a legitimate shoulder charge
Old 17-12-2018, 01:46 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
He's a knobhead is Crooks. Swear he's only got the job because of racism because it can't be punditry.
Things that are okay to say on the BBS include Crooks is a knobhead and Crooks is a shit pundit. Thing is is not okay to say are that he’s only got a job because of the colour of his skin.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I can see why McCarthy was dropped. He had made about 7 mistakes in 10 games or so. But you could also tell he had that swagger and that ability to pull off a worldy match winning save.

We so should have persisted with McCarthy, unfortunately he seemed to fall foul of Pardew and Steve got all excited about bringing in Mandanda on the cheap even though he didn't want to come here in the first place.

Since Alex has settled in at Southampton he doesn't seem to have made many if any big errors.
There was a big error a couple of weeks back. I cant remember exactly but he misjudged on the byline
Old 17-12-2018, 01:58 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
There was a big error a couple of weeks back. I cant remember exactly but he misjudged on the byline
Was that the one he tried to control the ball? Think I vaguely remember it.
Old 17-12-2018, 02:00 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:

We so should have persisted with McCarthy, unfortunately he seemed to fall foul of Pardew and Steve got all excited about bringing in Mandanda on the cheap even though he didn't want to come here in the first place.
Mandanda should have been an amazing signing and one of the best in Parish era, a proper replacement for Jules. Long service for Marseille and in an ideal world would still be our number 1 now. I think him being on the cheap was an astute deal rather than us circling the gutter like normal for a player.

I think Guita will be our keeper for a long time as well hopefully, Henessey has only ever felt like a stop gap until we found a proper replacement for Jules.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 17-12-2018, 02:06 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
Mandanda should have been an amazing signing and one of the best in Parish era, a proper replacement for Jules. Long service for Marseille and in an ideal world would still be our number 1 now. I think him being on the cheap was an astute deal rather than us circling the gutter like normal for a player.

I think Guita will be our keeper for a long time as well hopefully, Henessey has only ever felt like a stop gap until we found a proper replacement for Jules.
Oh no I agree... The trouble is Mandanda never wanted to come to us, if he had his way he would have stayed at Marseille anyway, but due to how dire their financial situation was (and probably why he wasn't offered a new contract at the time), he was basically begged by L'OM to accept the Palace move, and due to his love for them he did what was asked of him.
Old 17-12-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Things that are okay to say on the BBS include Crooks is a knobhead and Crooks is a shit pundit. Thing is is not okay to say are that he’s only got a job because of the colour of his skin.
Fair enough, I retract it.

He is the worst football bloke on telly though, and I'm including that bell end Merson
Old 17-12-2018, 03:10 PM
Probationary User

fletch1000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfletch1000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfletch1000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfletch1000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfletch1000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfletch1000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfletch1000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfletch1000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfletch1000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfletch1000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfletch1000 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Your soooo right.
people go on about Hennessey,
He is an average championship keeper,
made some saves this year, but he should have saved them.
The save Guaita made on Saturday, hennessy would not have got near, won the match.
Old 17-12-2018, 04:52 PM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
What about hes good at blow jobs?

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 17-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Not entirely sure that's true mate. Hennessey got a fair bit of grief a couple of years back, but in all honesty, he was making mistakes and rarely making decent saves. In the last year he's vastly reduced the mistakes and made a few important saves, I think the BBS response has pretty much been in line with that. Some posters will always stick up for him no matter what, and others will do the opposite, but in general, most seem to post what they see, which is a massive improvement.
I am aware of Hennessey commiting some howlers, the worst being versus Villa. Im just saying if Hennessey did the exact same thing as Guaita did, poor decision and poor touch m, he wouldnt have been ment with the same compassion as Guaita, you are right, it’s because it’s a longer narrative which is my point.
Old 17-12-2018, 05:32 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swhib View Post
When was the last time Hennessey won us 2 points?
Versus Fulham. He made some great saves in that game.
Old 17-12-2018, 05:33 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Fair enough, I retract it.

He is the worst football bloke on telly though, and I'm including that bell end Merson
Oh dear

Good old A-A that one
Old 17-12-2018, 05:34 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Despite Crooks saying about the Vardy disallowed goal (paraphrased) "Back in the day it would've stood".

Crooks has been a pundit a very long time so your 2nd statement is nonsense. I hate Clive Tylesley but he is the ‘voice of ITV’, to me he is the worst, with Jon Champion and that voice they both put on.

Last edited by MFBias; 17-12-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 17-12-2018, 05:35 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Oh no I agree... The trouble is Mandanda never wanted to come to us, if he had his way he would have stayed at Marseille anyway, but due to how dire their financial situation was (and probably why he wasn't offered a new contract at the time), he was basically begged by L'OM to accept the Palace move, and due to his love for them he did what was asked of him.
You have sources for this information?
Old 17-12-2018, 05:40 PM

Beneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Versus Fulham. He made some great saves in that game.
and how many do you think he has cost us this season?
Old 17-12-2018, 06:34 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
You have sources for this information?
It's very well publicised and known, its mentioned in the BBS several times although if you think I am spending my evening digging it out you have another thing coming. We start a bidding war for Batshuayi to raise the money to clear their debts, and they push Mandanda towards us for a little fee rather than him slipping off to a club of choice for free basically. Didn't exactly work out that well for anyone though, we ended up having to find another keeper, Marseille ended up being bought out and didn't even need the money from the Batshuayi sale so they lost their star forward for no reason, and they ended up having to pay us £4m for a goalkeeper they basically let us have for £1m who would have signed on for them anyway if they could have afforded to keep him.
Old 17-12-2018, 06:47 PM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Crooks has been a pundit a very long time so your 2nd statement is nonsense. I hate Clive Tylesley but he is the ‘voice of ITV’, to me he is the worst, with Jon Champion and that voice they both put on.
I've always had an issue with how Tylesley pronounces the word 'another', ever since the Championship Manager version that had his voice on it.