Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:03 AM

GreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Of goalkeepers who played more than 5 games last season squawka ranked Hennessey 9th and McCarthy 20th (Forster was 19th and Speroni 23rd)

Whoscored ranked them as Hennessey 9th, and McCarthy 21st (Forster in 23rd and Speroni 18th)

Both had Joe Hart last.

Hoping that Guaita comes in and can rank in the top few places but Hennessey was and is not as bad as some make out and McCarthy is not IMO a better keeper and think Saints will look to bring in another keeper at the this rate.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:05 AM

GreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
This obviously pains you... Yet another delusional Speroni Legend fan.
Wow you think i am a delusional Speroni fan - think you and kolinkins should have a chat.

I like Jules, he is a top man, a good pro but wouldn't have had him near the team the past couple of seasons.

My post was simply to show how long it took him to get the No.1 spot back after he lost it.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:11 AM

no comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineno comment : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think Alex McCarthy is an absolute joke of a goalkeeper and I can't believe he's being given game time by Southampton to be honest. Looks like an accident waiting to happen 99% of the time.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:18 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
McCarthy's done surprisingly well for Southampton but it wouldn't surprise me if a few howlers were around the corner.

I absolutely think it was the right decision to let him go. He was terrible every time he was given a chance and it was clear his confidence was shot here.

If he continues his form he'll probably earn another England call-up, but that doesn't mean he'd have made it here. Sometimes players just need a fresh start. It seems to have worked wonders for him (so far).
Old 02-07-2018, 11:29 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
The only big errors I can remember were the Man City spill and the Liverpool slip. Lots of players were slipping over at that point at Selhurst, and a number of our own players did in that very game. I can't hold that one against him personally, I thought he looked like a decent PL goalie with the odd mistake in him. We should've kept hold of him, but best of luck to him.
Should never have been beaten for Norwich's long range goal on the opening day, made an utter mess of another long ranger in pre-season too.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:01 PM
Internazionale

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Should never have been thrown in. He was only with the squad the day before his first game in pre season. It all spirraled from there really.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:31 PM

Martinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He also cocked up against Spurs away with a long range winning shot from Son I recall and he should have done better with it
Old 02-07-2018, 12:38 PM
Internazionale

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinsleftpeg View Post
He also cocked up against Spurs away with a long range winning shot from Son I recall and he should have done better with it
Wasn't long range, but it was straight at him and went straight through his legs.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:45 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinsleftpeg View Post
Cocked up with a not very powerful long range shot in his debut vs Norwich, by Nathan Redmond. Considering he played what, less than ten games for us, this is a long catalogue of errors that we can recall.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 02-07-2018 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:58 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Norwich, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool to name just four major mistakes he made. Also had a shocker in pre-season as mentioned above.

Will be interesting to see how he fares over a full season @ Southampton.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:29 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
When you buy players you do so with the intention of playing them - I don't get this alternate universe where you have to give them a few years to settle.
We already had a first choice, you canít play two goalies.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:43 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Norwich, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool to name just four major mistakes he made. Also had a shocker in pre-season as mentioned above.

Will be interesting to see how he fares over a full season @ Southampton.
He'll be back on the bench come the start of the season, only we have been stupid enough to keep someone like Hennessey and Mcarthy going for so long in the team.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 02-07-2018, 02:37 PM
Internazionale

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
He'll be back on the bench come the start of the season, only we have been stupid enough to keep someone like Hennessey and Mcarthy going for so long in the team.
Bet he won't be. They seem to really like him at Southampton.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:16 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
We already had a first choice, you canít play two goalies.
Think our manager wanted a new first choice as he was described as the long term England keeper. He wasnít a teenager, he simply was not very good
Old 02-07-2018, 05:16 PM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone seen Guaita today at the training ground?
Old 02-07-2018, 05:26 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 cryingOutloud View Post
Anyone seen Guaita today at the training ground?
To view the link you have to Register or Login - His first interview.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:33 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
More importantly Chris appears to speak fluent Spanish!! The video started and my speakers were off so I was a bit confused as to why Chris needed english subtitles.....
Old 02-07-2018, 05:35 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
Excellent.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:45 PM

palace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Excited to see what he can do!! Also from his video you can see Speroni training so he must haves signed a new deal aswell!
Old 02-07-2018, 05:47 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
More importantly Chris appears to speak fluent Spanish!! The video started and my speakers were off so I was a bit confused as to why Chris needed english subtitles.....
Is there no end to the guys talents!

Also looks like Speroni is his official minder!