Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-02-2019, 08:37 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Same people said Steve was wonderful when he wasn’t. I think he will get better but he looked shaky several times yesterday. Unlike the complete idiot Hennessy haters I have not been a twat in the way I reacted to his performance yesterday. Henn should be back for the cup game and I hope he does well, just as I do when any keeper plays. It was a bad mistake yesterday completely down to the keeper. Luckily we still got a point. Shit happens. Henn played well for a year yet still gets abuse from the usual morons who cannot forgive him for displacing the sainted one.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:39 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Steve again... Really?!
Old 10-02-2019, 08:41 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I am that confident Guaita will still be number 1 come the end of the season I'd raise InExile by about two grand. Unfortunately my wife would kill me for betting part of our deposit savings soooo....
Old 10-02-2019, 08:54 PM

hulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hennessy is gash.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:56 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
I have not been a twat in the way I reacted to his performance yesterday.

It was a bad mistake yesterday completely down to the keeper.
Seems you have there.

The big mistake was PVA's, letting the ball sail over his head and letting Antonio walk past him.

Still not over Steve or Speroni I see

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 10-02-2019, 08:56 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Same people said Steve was wonderful when he wasn’t. I think he will get better but he looked shaky several times yesterday. Unlike the complete idiot Hennessy haters I have not been a twat in the way I reacted to his performance yesterday. Henn should be back for the cup game and I hope he does well, just as I do when any keeper plays. It was a bad mistake yesterday completely down to the keeper. Luckily we still got a point. Shit happens. Henn played well for a year yet still gets abuse from the usual morons who cannot forgive him for displacing the sainted one.
Same people who said Steve was wonderful? Think you mean you and a small handful of other posters religiously defending Wayne, and everyone else eager for a replacement to work out, because Wayne is rather mediocre. Not a premier league starting keeper. That’s not being a ‘hater,’ that’s stating facts. And to be fair to Jules, although I’ve never advocated dropping Wayne for him in the past 4 years, at least he had history of being a good keeper. Wayne doesn’t.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 10-02-2019 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:09 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Also, you can never talk about agendas Owngoal. Your persistent and creepy vendetta against Mandanda, who rational Palace fans see as an evidently talented keeper who just unfortunately never settled, or really wanted to be here, and we even made a profit on him in the end. Furthermore, before Guiata even made his premier league debut, you said ‘I’d rather play a youth keeper.’ So pipe down you wally

Last edited by CP-RJW; 10-02-2019 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:02 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Same people who said Steve was wonderful? Think you mean you and a small handful of other posters religiously defending Wayne, and everyone else eager for a replacement to work out, because Wayne is rather mediocre. Not a premier league starting keeper. Thatís not being a Ďhater,í thatís stating facts. And to be fair to Jules, although Iíve never advocated dropping Wayne for him in the past 4 years, at least he had history of being a good keeper. Wayne doesnít.
WH is a decent keeper with a decent record. £30m Pickford is a good keeper with a poor record. Guaita is just starting but looks our best keeper even so if WH had given away the pen or done that bad punch and kick v Southampton he would have been slaughtered on here.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
WH is a decent keeper with a decent record. £30m Pickford is a good keeper with a poor record. Guaita is just starting but looks our best keeper even so if WH had given away the pen or done that bad punch and kick v Southampton he would have been slaughtered on here.
Would disagree that Wayne is a decent keeper, too generous. Pickford’s poor record is because Silva has turned Everton into a shambles defensively. As an individual, he’s performed fairly well, and he and Idrissa Gueye, the closest player in the league to Kante that isn’t Kante, are why they don’t concede 5 every match.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:46 AM

grand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Steve again... Really?!
Sad isnt it? Just cant let it go!!
Old 11-02-2019, 09:14 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Same people who said Steve was wonderful? Think you mean you and a small handful of other posters religiously defending Wayne, and everyone else eager for a replacement to work out, because Wayne is rather mediocre. Not a premier league starting keeper. Thatís not being a Ďhater,í thatís stating facts. And to be fair to Jules, although Iíve never advocated dropping Wayne for him in the past 4 years, at least he had history of being a good keeper. Wayne doesnít.
Odd that Wayne had a good solid year before being replaced because of injury but the haters just reinvent what has happened. His record stood up well to be a mid table Prem keeper but of course that does not matter. McCarthy looking so good for Southampton as well. As for the two most pathetic posters on here like petulant school boys.......
Old 11-02-2019, 09:22 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
Odd that Wayne had a good solid year before being replaced because of injury but the haters just reinvent what has happened. His record stood up well to be a mid table Prem keeper but of course that does not matter. McCarthy looking so good for Southampton as well. As for the two most pathetic posters on here like petulant school boys.......
Are you talking about yourself?
Old 11-02-2019, 09:26 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
He had a decent few months with a couple of good saves. No more, no less. Signs were that he may have been regressing though, on the fact he'd conceded 8 in 2 and a half matches.

He is a very able number 2, but I very much doubt that he'll be any more than that at Palace now.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:49 AM

grand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Are you talking about yourself?
He must be, cant see anyone else who fits his description! Petulant schoolboy who cant spell or construct a sentence.
McCarthy doesnt look that good either!
Old 11-02-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Stop banging on about ‘haters’ You’re a muppet on a message board, not a rapper.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:46 PM

Jezza is playing for a contract
I quite like what I have seen of Guaita so far, but there is no doubt that he made an abysmal error on Saturday for which Hennessey would have been completely slaughtered by some. It was actually a good West Ham move and trying to put the blame on PVA is ridiculous, Antonio still had a lot to do until Guaita's clumsy challenge . Guaita definitely deserves to remain 1st choice for now though.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:54 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Really? Abysmal? Seriously?
Old 11-02-2019, 01:58 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Nigel Martyn vs Millwall 1994 was an abysmal (yet highly satisfying!) decision...
Old 11-02-2019, 02:16 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Really? Abysmal? Seriously?
Goalkeeper comes out, gets nowhere near the ball and takes the player out head high.

It wasn't the worst error of the match, at least he has Jimmy to thank for that but it was a very poor piece of goalkeeping.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:46 PM

eagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Goalkeeper comes out, gets nowhere near the ball and takes the player out head high.

It wasn't the worst error of the match, at least he has Jimmy to thank for that but it was a very poor piece of goalkeeping.
Yep, agree. People trying to pass this off as not really an error or PVA's fault are trying too hard.

It's pretty clear (to me at least) that Guaita made a pretty obvious error (irrespective of any other individual's possible errors). But it's also pretty clear (to me at least) that Guiata is still our best keeper. But let's not just try to make excuses for him or pass the blame to someone else. Call an error an error. Nothing to do with Hennessey or his ability or what he may or may not have done in the past. Let's just assess Guaita specifically on what he does in the net.