Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-02-2019, 02:53 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Watch it back. PVA literally watches the ball go over his head and then watches Antonio go past him. All without moving an inch.

Of course there is blame on Guaita, but if PVA even attempts to to his job then it doesn't go that far.

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 11-02-2019, 03:00 PM

eagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fozzie View Post
Watch it back. PVA literally watches the ball go over his head and then watches Antonio go past him. All without moving an inch.

Of course there is blame on Guaita, but if PVA even attempts to to his job then it doesn't go that far.
Did PVA make a mistake? Yes. Did Guiata make a mistake? Yes. There's not much else too it. If that is Hennessey, he gets slaughtered and no-one cuts him slack for an error having been committed elsewhere. An error is an error, irrespective of what went before it. Doesn't mean I think he should be dropped, just that I don't think people should be trying so hard to excuse him.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:09 PM

aderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaderuk1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleborn View Post
Did PVA make a mistake? Yes. Did Guiata make a mistake? Yes. There's not much else too it. If that is Hennessey, he gets slaughtered and no-one cuts him slack for an error having been committed elsewhere. An error is an error, irrespective of what went before it. Doesn't mean I think he should be dropped, just that I don't think people should be trying so hard to excuse him.
it's easier to get slaughtered when you have a history of cock ups behind you, thats why WH gets no slack, because an error from WH is expected at some point in the game.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:15 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fozzie View Post

Correct .... PVA became a bystander .... Poor from Patrick.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:15 PM

eagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by aderuk1 View Post
it's easier to get slaughtered when you have a history of cock ups behind you, thats why WH gets no slack, because an error from WH is expected at some point in the game.
And that says quite a lot about about why these goalkeeper threads are so painful much of the time! Absolutely no perspective from some posters (that's not an accusation at you, just a general comment).
Old 11-02-2019, 03:47 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Guaita also palmed 2 back into the middle of the box, much like Hennessey did from the free kick at theirs. Difference was that our defenders were alive yesterday/ the ball broke kinder and we cleared. Such are the fine margins of a keeper.

I would have Guaita in goal, he has been in my fantasy team since the start of the season, but if Hennessey has the game Guaita did yesterday he would be getting so much abuse on these boards.
Ay? If it's the 2 saves from the first half, they were from 6/7 yards out struck at him with considerable pace. No one would be giving Hennessey grief for those, that's plain rubbish!

The free kick Wayne palmed back was from 20+ yards, not struck with as much pace and comfortably could have been pushed away, they are entirely different ffs.

Hennessey would not have made the mistake for the pen, I have no doubt about that, massively in part due to the fact he would not have attempted to come for it at all. I don't think coming for it was initially a poor decision, but the slight spin on the ball when it bounces makes it inevitable as he's committed to it, and not able to pull out. It's an error, but all things considered not a major one. Many keepers, Wayne included, have given away penalties thinking they could get there and haven't. They are part of being a keeper, any keeper, at any level.

I don't think Guaita made any other mistakes overall. Saved what needed to be saved, gathered and distributed when needed. Wasn't the busiest second half mind.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:51 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleborn View Post
I see. I wouldn't have slaughtered Wayne for that either, in my defence.

Guaita was right to come but clumsy to take Antonio out, once he'd nicked the ball.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:54 PM

Tele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betray
The error was completely down to PVA in my opinion. Once he allows Antonio to waltz around him while making no effort to block the path Guaita has to make an attempt. If he'd stayed rooted on his line it would have been an easy chance.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:57 PM
Block E Still, Main Stand

peterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpeterr259 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I see. I wouldn't have slaughtered Wayne for that either, in my defence.

Guaita was right to come but clumsy to take Antonio out, once he'd nicked the ball.
How was he going to miss him, they were both converging on the same ball, both were looking at the ball not each other, and from my viewpoint, behind the goal, Guaita got the ball and then the man, I couldn't understand the penalty being given, apart from the pro west ham stance meaning he couldn't wait to point to the spot!

Surely normally if a striker and goalkeeper collide going for the same ball, the free kick is given to the goalkeeper?
Old 11-02-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterr259 View Post
How was he going to miss him, they were both converging on the same ball, both were looking at the ball not each other, and from my viewpoint, behind the goal, Guaita got the ball and then the man, I couldn't understand the penalty being given, apart from the pro west ham stance meaning he couldn't wait to point to the spot!

Surely normally if a striker and goalkeeper collide going for the same ball, the free kick is given to the goalkeeper?
I don't think he gets near the ball from what I can see. Antonio heads it before Guaita clatters him. Pretty stonewall if you ask me.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:40 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
To say he got “nowhere” near the ball isn't true; Antonio got there a fraction ahead of him, but it is an error, just not as bad as some are making out.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:24 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
Ay? If it's the 2 saves from the first half, they were from 6/7 yards out struck at him with considerable pace. No one would be giving Hennessey grief for those, that's plain rubbish!

The free kick Wayne palmed back was from 20+ yards, not struck with as much pace and comfortably could have been pushed away, they are entirely different ffs.

Hennessey would not have made the mistake for the pen, I have no doubt about that, massively in part due to the fact he would not have attempted to come for it at all. I don't think coming for it was initially a poor decision, but the slight spin on the ball when it bounces makes it inevitable as he's committed to it, and not able to pull out. It's an error, but all things considered not a major one. Many keepers, Wayne included, have given away penalties thinking they could get there and haven't. They are part of being a keeper, any keeper, at any level.

I don't think Guaita made any other mistakes overall. Saved what needed to be saved, gathered and distributed when needed. Wasn't the busiest second half mind.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:28 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Palpable bollocks from Gonzo re. the parried shots, I am afraid. He should stick to the politics threads. Oh.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:17 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Fantastic keeper who is rightly our No 1. We've looked much better with him goal. If you're in any doubt, go back and watch the second half of the Watford game to see the difference between the two.

Hennessey is an ok No 2 keeper, nothing more.
Old 11-02-2019, 11:40 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Palpable bollocks from Gonzo re. the parried shots, I am afraid. He should stick to the politics threads. Oh.
Old 11-02-2019, 11:52 PM

johnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post

Yes, only a couple of points.

Last edited by johnbush; 11-02-2019 at 11:55 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:34 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbush View Post
If we are going to play "Lets be a proper Simpleton' and ignore the countless other reasons it finished 1-1.....

He saved 2 other shots, so applying your 'logic' he gained us 1.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:37 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbush View Post
And yet he's saved us several more than that since starting...so he's still in the plus column.

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:34 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Maybe we should start one of the keepers in goal and one outfield as they seem better footballers?
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-02-2019, 01:43 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

At least Benteke doesn't reserve his 50p head just for match days