Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 24-02-2019, 12:36 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I'm not. But I don't get what the guy has to do and why people still seem to be picky about him. He's proven in 3 months he is vastly superior to a goalkeeper we have been lumbered with for the best part of 4 years, let's enjoy it. If he was perfect he wouldn't be playing for Crystal Palace FC.
I think the 'lumbered with' bit is pretty unfair and disrespectful to Hennessey. He was the best we had for most of the last few years and he has had a number of good performances in that time.

The club chose to keep bring him to and keep him at the club. The managers we've had, including very experienced and successful ones like Allardyce and Hodgson chose him to play.

I agree with you that Guiata looks like an upgrade and I'm very pleased we signed him and even more pleased we got him cheap. But why keep on with anti-Hennessey stuff?
Old 24-02-2019, 12:39 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I think the 'lumbered with' bit is pretty unfair and disrespectful to Hennessey. He was the best we had for most of the last few years and he has had a number of good performances in that time.

The club chose to keep bring him to and keep him at the club. The managers we've had, including very experienced and successful ones like Allardyce and Hodgson chose him to play.

I agree with you that Guiata looks like an upgrade and I'm very pleased we signed him and even more pleased we got him cheap. But why keep on with anti-Hennessey stuff?
Hardly anti Hennessey. I don't rate him. Clearly a lot of our managers haven't particularly either seeing as they keep trying to replace him. He's like a cat with 9 lives. Thankfully now I think we have found our "One".

Disrespectful... Hardly. I mean it's not like say oh I don't know, refusing to travel with my current club to a League match to try and force a move to another team disrespectful.
Old 24-02-2019, 06:46 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
Happy he is number 1 but hang on he didn't dominate his six yard box on the long throw that led to the Leicester goal he could have come and punched that clear but was rooted to his line
Jesus. There wouldn’t have been much chance at all. They’d crammed in front of him. Him trying to get out may have caused more damage than good if he couldn’t make it.

Sako also won the header so it’s irrelevant. The bigger issue was Townsend being so weak on the second ball.
Old 24-02-2019, 07:09 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
I feel so assured with Guaita in goal.
Old 24-02-2019, 07:52 AM
'What's for dinner?'

Max_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I think the 'lumbered with' bit is pretty unfair and disrespectful to Hennessey. He was the best we had for most of the last few years and he has had a number of good performances in that time
Find it very hard to agree with this. Even now I’d rather have Speroni in goal than Wayne, and feel quite strongly that for the period following Speroni’s finger injury, which got Wayne his place under Pardew, that Speroni has been robbed of his final few years of playing by successive managers who insisted on playing Wayne ahead of him. Should have been dropped after he gifted Aston Villa a win, which started actual months of misery which ultimately, primarily through his refusal to play players who were more popular than him, led to Pardew’s sacking.

Yes, he’s had a number of ‘good’ performances in that time, but surely anyone can see that it’s a dismally small number in a relatively large space of time. Christ, I wonder what we did to deserve putting up with him for so long when we’ve had Speroni on the bench that entire time.
Old 24-02-2019, 08:39 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
He was the best we had for most of the last few years and he has had a number of good performances in that time.
Sums him up perfectly. A number of good performances over a few years
Old 24-02-2019, 08:51 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
some brick outhouse goalkeepers would have made that throw in to the six yard box their's or got a free kick getting there, he may not be that type of goalkeeper and more of a shot stopper but let's not pretend that was "dominating his box" as we so often wanted Hennessy to do
Or he bundles an attacker over and gives away a penalty.
Old 24-02-2019, 08:59 AM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
He’s nothing like Kelly and Ward.

Ward has played over 200 games for us and has probably had only a handful of poor ones.

Kelly’s stock has grown over the years after an iffy start where Pardew hung him out to dry at left back for far too long. When Kelly plays now you’d be hard pressed to find a Palace fan not confident in him stepping up to the plate.

The majority view from the stands is that Hennessey does not inspire confidence and you can tell his team mates feel the same way.
Disagree with that - I’ve defended all three from boo boys that hammer every error with “not good enough” while refusing to acknowledge that all 3 are critical to the success of a club like Palace. The moral of our squad and comradeship has always been excellent and experienced pros like those 3 who now sit on the bench without rocking the boat are hard to find. Without suggesting that Wayne is the better keeper, he has improved this season and is perfectly adequate as a backup keeper who Roy trusts.
Old 24-02-2019, 10:40 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney eagle View Post
I feel so assured with Guaita in goal.
Yep, and so do the team, you can sense it
Old 24-02-2019, 10:42 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
this guy's good
Old 24-02-2019, 12:55 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Disagree with that - I’ve defended all three from boo boys that hammer every error with “not good enough” while refusing to acknowledge that all 3 are critical to the success of a club like Palace. The moral of our squad and comradeship has always been excellent and experienced pros like those 3 who now sit on the bench without rocking the boat are hard to find. Without suggesting that Wayne is the better keeper, he has improved this season and is perfectly adequate as a backup keeper who Roy trusts.
Let’s see if Hennesey is content by the end of the season.

He’s not had many games out, and got form when things haven’t gone his way at previous clubs.
Old 24-02-2019, 01:08 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
I am glad guiata is now our number 1 , so far he looks a better keeper overall than hennessy

if we can keep both we look OK there finally after several years,

guiata looks more like the heir to speroni - who should not now at his age get another contract and could be given a coaching or ambassador's role if he would like that rather than go down the leagues

but if hennessy had been in goal for the Leicester goal I know he would have been slated here over and over about the long throw right to the six yard line and him being rooted to the spot, and slated here if he had given that penalty away against west ham like guiata did
Old 24-02-2019, 01:51 PM

M3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He would have been slated if he'd come for that throw and got blocked off, which is exactly what would have happened.
Old 24-02-2019, 01:57 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
The only thing I thought he was at fault with yesterday was when he came to punch and bumped into Sakho. The commentators said he should have communicated better. Apart from that I thought he played very well.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 24-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Let’s see if Hennesey is content by the end of the season.

He’s not had many games out, and got form when things haven’t gone his way at previous clubs.
Playing second fiddle can show a lack of ambition. If you are a goalkeeper you are going to want to play regularly.

Therefore it's hardly surprising that you may want to move to be able to play regularly. Even if it's a drop down.

Don't castigate a guy for wanting to play.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 24-02-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
Playing second fiddle can show a lack of ambition. If you are a goalkeeper you are going to want to play regularly.

Therefore it's hardly surprising that you may want to move to be able to play regularly. Even if it's a drop down.

Don't castigate a guy for wanting to play.
I was speaking merely in facts.

He refused to play for a previous club to force a move. So let’s not pretend he’s a model pro.
Old 28-02-2019, 08:52 AM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Should have done better for the second goal although three other players didn't do great beforehand
Old 28-02-2019, 08:53 AM

Was beaten from a very sharp angle for the third and it reminded me of the wolves winner earlier in the season in which he wasn't in goal
Old 28-02-2019, 09:11 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Was beaten from a very sharp angle for the third and it reminded me of the wolves winner earlier in the season in which he wasn't in goal
It would be very harsh to attach any blame on Guiata for the 3rd goal, he was left totally exposed when Schlupp for whatever reason went so far inside and left a great "hole" that Young exploited superbly. As for the 2nd goal, again it was Schlupp involved when the ball sailed over his head(no blame) but credit to Lukaku who killed it superbly and volleyed the ball again giving Guiata no chance.
Old 28-02-2019, 09:16 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
It would be very harsh to attach any blame on Guiata for the 3rd goal, he was left totally exposed when Schlupp for whatever reason went so far inside and left a great "hole" that Young exploited superbly. As for the 2nd goal, again it was Schlupp involved when the ball sailed over his head(no blame) but credit to Lukaku who killed it superbly and volleyed the ball again giving Guiata no chance.
Don't forget Schuups involvement or lack of it in the first too. He was defensively poor all game so why Roy stuck him at LB only he can answer. PVA had been spotting Youngs runs all game, as soon as he goes off we get exposed.

On Guaita, he is not head and shoulders above Wayne, could have done better, his kicking is poor but then Roy gives him no-one to actually kick it to!