Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:55 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Chris Wilder

He has to be worth a look surely. He's done superb and is a manager well on the up.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:14 AM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
He's a Sheffield United fan through and through and has a chance to take them into the Premier League.....no chance!!
Old 11-09-2017, 11:15 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
It's Hodgson
Old 11-09-2017, 11:18 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
He was Allardyce's recommendation when he left.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:23 AM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
We won't approach him - but should - and even if we did he'd be literally ******* mental to even want to talk to us.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:25 AM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
We won't approach him - but should - and even if we did he'd be literally ******* mental to even want to talk to us.
Really? If he backs himself as a good manager then he should be all over this job if we wanted to talk to him.
Old 31-05-2019, 05:40 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Bump

More than likely agent bollocks, but sky sources suggest WBA are interested along with an unnamed premier league club. IF true, I think every other club around us appear to have a manager set for the longer term aside obviously from us. It'll be interesting to see how the saga with Wilder develops anyway.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 31-05-2019, 05:45 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
... a manager set for the longer term aside obviously from us.
Isn't that a sort of oxymoron when it comes to managers of teams like ours?
Old 31-05-2019, 05:53 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
He's a Sheffield United fan through and through and has a chance to take them into the Premier League.....no chance!!
He’s Sheffield through and through, city and club. I actually got the chance to interview him this year as part of my uni coursework. Not football related, but he turned up to this fundraiser for a local hospice that deals with terminally ill patients (including his late father). Apparently he does loads of grassroots stuff like that. He also still gets the number 51 bus to get around town, although I haven’t spotted him on there yet.

Anyway, great bloke and quality manager, would be a pleasure to have him at Palace if Hodgson called it a day, although I’d feel a bit bad for stealing him from Sheffield.
Old 31-05-2019, 06:14 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Bump

More than likely agent bollocks, but sky sources suggest WBA are interested along with an unnamed premier league club. IF true, I think every other club around us appear to have a manager set for the longer term aside obviously from us. It'll be interesting to see how the saga with Wilder develops anyway.
Make a list of those you think are set for the longer term, then see how many Roy outlasts. My money would be on more than 50%
Old 31-05-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle View Post
Make a list of those you think are set for the longer term, then see how many Roy outlasts. My money would be on more than 50%
Eddie Howe
Sean Dyche
Ralph Hassenhutl
Brendan Rodgers
Rafa Benitez
Manuel Pelligrini
Javi Gracia
Espirito Santo
Graham Potter

I very much doubt Roy will be there longer than 50% of the above. Hodgson has a season at best left in him in my eyes.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 31-05-2019, 08:03 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Eddie Howe
Sean Dyche
Ralph Hassenhutl
Brendan Rodgers
Rafa Benitez
Manuel Pelligrini
Javi Gracia
Espirito Santo
Graham Potter

I very much doubt Roy will be there longer than 50% of the above. Hodgson has a season at best left in him in my eyes.
And yet I wouldn’t swap a single manager on that list over Sir Roy.

Remarkable job
Remarkable man
Old 01-06-2019, 08:32 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Bump

I bet some of those clubs around us will have sacked their manager in another 12 months time.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:12 PM

smoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We already have a manager
Old 01-06-2019, 01:25 PM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoll View Post
We already have a manager
who is 72 years old.....
Old 01-06-2019, 01:28 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
who is 72 years old.....
And? Could be a tough season if we lose a few players especially Wilf and we'll be in safest hands possible in Roy .
Old 01-06-2019, 02:55 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
who is 72 years old.....
You can’t buy that experience. He still has the appetite for the job .
Old 01-06-2019, 03:17 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
And yet I wouldn’t swap a single manager on that list over Sir Roy.

Remarkable job
Remarkable man
I think Santo would do better, but I'm happy enough with Roy.

There's no chance Wilder is leaving Sheffield united this coming season, absolutely no chance. Just read cprjw's comment.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:02 PM

smoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
who is 72 years old.....
So you reckon we should sack Roy Hodgson cos hes 72 and bring in Chris Wilder whos never managed in the premier league...interesting
Old 01-06-2019, 04:05 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
He’s Sheffield through and through, city and club. I actually got the chance to interview him this year as part of my uni coursework. Not football related, but he turned up to this fundraiser for a local hospice that deals with terminally ill patients (including his late father). Apparently he does loads of grassroots stuff like that. He also still gets the number 51 bus to get around town, although I haven’t spotted him on there yet.

Anyway, great bloke and quality manager, would be a pleasure to have him at Palace if Hodgson called it a day, although I’d feel a bit bad for stealing him from Sheffield.
But the 51 is the bus from Orpington to Woolwich!
Northern monkeys stealing our bloody numbers .... The *****!