Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 25-04-2019, 09:12 AM
Slip it!

Abjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Basking in the glory of the win at Arsenal, the three of us are back in the saddle for the latest Preview show ahead of Everton's visit to Selhurst.

On the menu this week:
  • Albert going viral
  • An update on Terence's wrist
  • Wayne's mug in the Guardian comic strip
  • AWB in the Guardian's Team of the Season
  • Lewis Dunk's tears
  • The return of being a threat at set pieces
  • A general Kouyate love-in
  • Whether Benteke is really back to business
  • Our usual predictions
As always you can listen to it on your podcast app, Spotify or the BOTN website - To view the link you have to Register or Login. Apparently even Alexa will play it for you if you ask her nicely.
Old 29-04-2019, 10:29 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Where's the balance on the pod? All I hear is moaning about lack of adventure in our play? As soon as the club spent £9M in actual transfer fees and did everything else as cheap as possible while letting most of the creative players go. It was always going to result in turgid crap. We've been turgid at home for years due to being a counter attacking team. Our home form actually improved under Roy last season but we had actual midfielders that could drive, dribble and pass. Last season we had that and the football at home was much better. The teams above us have been spending £60M £100M pounds we spent £9M.....surely that tells you the club's ambition level for this season. We've gotten exactly what the club wanted. I'm very unhappy with our home form but I'm not surprised by it in the slightest. The club has shown very little ambition after several seasons of comparing us to the likes of Everton, Southampton and Leicester.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 29-04-2019 at 10:50 AM.
Old 29-04-2019, 07:31 PM
Voice of Back of the Nest

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Where's the balance on the pod? All I hear is moaning about lack of adventure in our play? As soon as the club spent £9M in actual transfer fees and did everything else as cheap as possible while letting most of the creative players go. It was always going to result in turgid crap. We've been turgid at home for years due to being a counter attacking team. Our home form actually improved under Roy last season but we had actual midfielders that could drive, dribble and pass. Last season we had that and the football at home was much better. The teams above us have been spending £60M £100M pounds we spent £9M.....surely that tells you the club's ambition level for this season. We've gotten exactly what the club wanted. I'm very unhappy with our home form but I'm not surprised by it in the slightest. The club has shown very little ambition after several seasons of comparing us to the likes of Everton, Southampton and Leicester.
I think balance can change depending on your point of view. As a group of supporters we see the good and the bad - but what we’re all struggling with is a seeming failure to address the home form. We tried pretty hard to make that point this week in particular but ultimately we’re always going to talk about what everyone is asking us. We received a huge amount of contact this week and hand on heart there was nothing making this point.

I totally accept the observation and feedback though. Nothing you’ve said I disagree with in any major way - and we’ll keep trying to add balance. I’m desperate to have a hugely positive show!

Available at all the usual podcast places - please subscribe so you don't miss a thing!

XBOX ONE gamertag : HAMBO x1980x
Old 29-04-2019, 07:37 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
You should get Adam Sells on to drown out the negativity on there ��
Old 29-04-2019, 07:38 PM

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I have to say credit where it's due. Since the name change (I know it is a bit more than that) the pod has improved a lot over the previous incarnation.

There are still one or two technical issues which I mentioned before so won't bore people again but nothing is perfect.

I still can't get on with the Love Sport show. It's the station style and the presenter. Sorry guys.
Really appreciate you saying so. We have worked hard to improve it as much as technology and logistics allow. We’ve had an overhaul of the review show in the last couple of months too - after 9 years sometimes you do things a certain way because that’s just how you’ve always done it. We’ve been so happy with what Terence, Sam and Albert have done with producer Billiam on the preview show and now we feel we’re getting the review back on track.

Lovesport won’t be for everybody but it allows us some live coverage and gives people a chance to go and do “proper radio” once a week. There have been a lot of changes there to contend with too. I think Nick and Diyar have done a great job as the most regular presenters and we’ve just got a couple more involved there too.

Anyway, it’s great to see in our numbers that so many people enjoy what we do and I’m happy however people want to listen.

Available at all the usual podcast places - please subscribe so you don't miss a thing!

Old 29-04-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
You should get Adam Sells on to drown out the negativity on there ��
There’s another guy who I reckon should have a go too...

Old 29-04-2019, 08:17 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
There’s another guy who I reckon should have a go too...
He’s got a face for TV, not Podcasts
Old 29-04-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
He’s got a face for TV, not Podcasts
Not sure we’re thinking of the same guy.

Old 30-04-2019, 06:37 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
I can enjoy the lovesport pod more now that the ad breaks every two mins seems to be cut out

The review show is great, Hambo has always been a great host and the preview show is the nuts. I love the chemistry between Albert , Sam and Terrence and Mike is a great stand in host/addition
Old 30-04-2019, 12:25 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just jumping in quickly to say thank you for the kind words over the last page or so. Obviously I'm fairly new to the team, only been doing it a year and a bit, but it's great to get feedback. When we record, we have no idea what people will make it of it, so once we stick it out there, it's hoping for the best. Until we get comments (positive or otherwise) from twitter or the BBS etc, it's impossible to gauge reaction.

I must say that Terence, Albert and Billiam have made it very easy for me to join the team, relax and talk about Palace. I know I'm a misery guts on the show, but we all hope that we not only balance each other out, but help make it seem like you're with your mates, having a chat about Palace and making the commute a bit easier!
Old 03-05-2019, 07:56 AM
Slip it!

The penultimate Preview Pod is here as Terence, Albert and I are back to talk all things Palace... and drop a C-Bomb about a certain ex-loanee.

We discuss:
  • End of Season awards
  • The Main Stand
  • Guaita's POTM award
  • Benteke being a doubt for Saturday
  • Whether any Academy player will make the bench
  • How we'll deal with Cardiff fighting for their Premier League lives
The direct link is on our website - To view the link you have to Register or Login - but you can listen on all the usual podcast apps.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:48 PM

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abjekt View Post
Just jumping in quickly to say thank you for the kind words over the last page or so. Obviously I'm fairly new to the team, only been doing it a year and a bit, but it's great to get feedback. When we record, we have no idea what people will make it of it, so once we stick it out there, it's hoping for the best. Until we get comments (positive or otherwise) from twitter or the BBS etc, it's impossible to gauge reaction.

I must say that Terence, Albert and Billiam have made it very easy for me to join the team, relax and talk about Palace. I know I'm a misery guts on the show, but we all hope that we not only balance each other out, but help make it seem like you're with your mates, having a chat about Palace and making the commute a bit easier!
You always say you’re negative but you’re a palace supporter , what else can you be?
Old 03-05-2019, 10:49 PM

Btw guys your what are you drinking bit every week is embarrassing haha
Old 05-05-2019, 11:56 AM
Slip it!

I'm being peer-pressured into drinking Gin next week. Everton away last year, Terence and I were in a pub and he got me an double of industrial strength Gin and I thought my eyes were going to melt. Not good!
Old 07-05-2019, 12:27 PM

Penultimate review show of the season done and dusted.

If you’re a fan of middle management techniques being used to spread panic and also a fan of late 80’s and early 90’s cartoon “The Raccoons” then this is the show for you.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 10-05-2019, 08:15 AM
Slip it!

We've reached the end of the season and it's the last Preview Pod of 2018/19. It's also the last show that our producer Billiam is going to be working on so we decided to get a bit pissed beforehand, ramble for an hour without recording to wind him up and then finally discussed the below:
  • Gin
  • Who else hates Brighton
  • Albert's holiday plans
  • Saying goodbye to Jules
  • How many Scott Dann will get against Bournemouth
  • Score predictions
  • We also look back at the predictions we made on the first pod of the season, to see whether we actually know anything about football at all...
Thanks to everyone who has listened over the course of the season, we've had a lot of fun doing it (even though home games haven't been quite as entertaining!) and we hope you'll all come back next season for more of our bollocks.

Old 15-05-2019, 05:25 AM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
I have to disagree with your assessment of Benteke. The player has all the power at the moment with a year left on his deal.

If the club try to sell him he will refuse to go. He will want to have a good season to earn a good offer when his contract expires.

If the club offer him a lower wage he will turn it down. If he signed then as soon as the ink is dry he will put £20m onto his valuation so his contract would have to reflect that in wages. It's a catch 22.

He'll let his contract run down and he can then go anywhere and earn double what he gets now and get a massive signing on fee! Clubs will pay it be it a newly promoted team or a bigger European team/Turkey.

Benteke will stay and even if he bangs them in he will leave next summer when he is 29 for his last big contract. That is the important part, his last big contract!
Have to agree with the assessment that the club can't expect Benteke to voluntarily lower his wages. In fairness, would no employee would do that.
Old 28-05-2019, 11:53 AM
Slip it!

The Review and Preview Show teams got together over the weekend to record an end of year show looking back at the season and all the highs and lows that came with it.

Albert, Mike and I joined Hambo for the show and amongst other things, we discussed:
  • Best and worst games of the season
  • How we feel about Roy with the season now over
  • Whether the home form was affected by the HF drama
  • Most impressive and most disappointing players of the season
  • Our collective thoughts on Benteke and what next season may hold for him
  • Whether or not Wilf will stay (and whether or not we should "hold him back")
You can listen to the pod via your usual listening spots and the direct link can also be found here - To view the link you have to Register or Login

Thanks again for all the kind words about the shows this past season. I think there will be some pods coming over the Summer, but I will defer to Hambo on the details.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:48 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
An enjoyable listen. Albert is consistently funny