Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-07-2019, 11:16 AM
Voice of Back of the Nest

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
The season reviews for 09/10 & 10/11 are good listens.
Will do the next 3 this week.

A good period for being Palace fan this even though at the time it felt like a struggle.
Thanks mate, recorded a couple more after the cricket World Cup win with the associated brain problems that caused so hopefully they’re enjoyable too.

Anybody yet to indulge, you can find us on your favourite podcast app, or access the podcast on our website, including direct download links.

2009/10: To view the link you have to Register or Login

2010/11: To view the link you have to Register or Login

2011/12: To view the link you have to Register or Login

2012/13: To view the link you have to Register or Login

All going to plan, we’ll take you right up to the new season, with full memories of the journey we’ve been on over the last decade. Share and enjoy if you feel so inclined!

Available at all the usual podcast places - please subscribe so you don't miss a thing!

XBOX ONE gamertag : HAMBO x1980x
Old 15-07-2019, 11:18 AM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Enjoying the listening, christ when you run through the squads at the time.... Absolute dross lol
Old 15-07-2019, 11:26 AM

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
Enjoying the listening, christ when you run through the squads at the time.... Absolute dross lol
I got overly excited about Alessane N’Diaye. The recording last night of our promotion season and first year in the Prem contained so many players I had blocked from memory! Aaron Martin for example - who is somehow 29 now. Alex Nimely another that stuck out.

Available at all the usual podcast places - please subscribe so you don't miss a thing!

Old 15-07-2019, 11:54 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
Thanks mate, recorded a couple more after the cricket World Cup win with the associated brain problems that caused so hopefully they’re enjoyable too.

Anybody yet to indulge, you can find us on your favourite podcast app, or access the podcast on our website, including direct download links.

2009/10: To view the link you have to Register or Login

2010/11: To view the link you have to Register or Login

2011/12: To view the link you have to Register or Login

2012/13: To view the link you have to Register or Login

All going to plan, we’ll take you right up to the new season, with full memories of the journey we’ve been on over the last decade. Share and enjoy if you feel so inclined!
You and the guys mentioned in one about before twitter kicked in etc - And that was a great point. I think like many I got my first decent smartphone around 2011ish - This changed supporting Palace completely and with the new owners being Palace fans and owning the ground and loads of young players it was suddenly an exciting and fresh time to be a Palace fan.
Old 15-07-2019, 11:56 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
I got overly excited about Alessane N’Diaye. The recording last night of our promotion season and first year in the Prem contained so many players I had blocked from memory! Aaron Martin for example - who is somehow 29 now. Alex Nimely another that stuck out.
He was gloriously Palace. World beater/Donkey all in one....
Old 15-07-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
You and the guys mentioned in one about before twitter kicked in etc - And that was a great point. I think like many I got my first decent smartphone around 2011ish - This changed supporting Palace completely and with the new owners being Palace fans and owning the ground and loads of young players it was suddenly an exciting and fresh time to be a Palace fan.
Totally agree - fascinating how that all came together. Definitely interesting looking back in what seems like only yesterday at times to just how different things were. Discussing “Crystanbul” in the next pod to be released I definitely feel the noise and energy that day was the peak our support has reached in my time as a Palace fan. Certainly at Selhurst anyway. As we get the into the future seasons I think it’s natural that we’ll see the affect of having this 24/7 way to vent/celebrate and the sense of entitlement that and being in the PL brings emerge from the original feeling of solidarity it sparked.

Old 15-07-2019, 12:23 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Another thing - I was probably more excited about signing Davids than I was about signing Benteke - Thats crazy I know but we were starved of any sparkle for so long that even if he was 37 and crap it was a real thrill (as Patrick said)
Old 15-07-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Another thing - I was probably more excited about signing Davids than I was about signing Benteke - Thats crazy I know but we were starved of any sparkle for so long that even if he was 37 and crap it was a real thrill (as Patrick said)
Logic should have told us not to expect anything, but it was impossible not to be excited. Although him playing left back was baffling.

Old 15-07-2019, 05:36 PM
'What's for dinner?'

Max_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
How you got through our promotion season without mentioning the legend that is Owen Garvan I’ll never know.

Such a weird trajectory. If you watch the review of the promotion year he was absolutely vital and he went from that to lurking at the bar in Lloyd’s in Croydon and never, as far as I can tell, playing for us again despite being under contract frighteningly quickly.
Old 15-07-2019, 07:21 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Any chance of an interview with Steve Parish soon?
Old 16-07-2019, 12:09 AM
CPFC 4 Life, now in NY.

VSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Cheers and appreciate your support!

Quote:
The season reviews for 09/10 & 10/11 are good listens.
Will do the next 3 this week.

A good period for being Palace fan this even though at the time it felt like a struggle.
Old 16-07-2019, 12:10 AM
CPFC 4 Life, now in NY.

VSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Agree to think we had signed a player of Davids calibre was amazing. Gave me a Lombardo flashback. Too bad it went so poorly.

Quote:
Old 16-07-2019, 04:23 AM
Swollen Member

Twilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
How you got through our promotion season without mentioning the legend that is Owen Garvan I’ll never know.

Such a weird trajectory. If you watch the review of the promotion year he was absolutely vital and he went from that to lurking at the bar in Lloyd’s in Croydon and never, as far as I can tell, playing for us again despite being under contract frighteningly quickly.
I was under the impression that after signing so many players after promotion we didn't even have space to name him in the 25, but it seems he did make one start and one sub appearance. It was probably Florian Marange I was thinking of.

I was one of the people who really rated Garvan in the championship; now without a club at 31. It seems helping get their club promoted can ruin some player's careers.
Old 16-07-2019, 07:26 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Some people are just natural athletes. Garvan was not one of them, seemed to run in slow motion. Nice left foot though.
Old 17-07-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post

You’re right - he was immense in the promotion season, but overall something of an enigma. There was also the falling out with Holloway sparking the infamous (and accurate) “I’ll be here longer than he will” tweet.

Old 17-07-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Any chance of an interview with Steve Parish soon?
In all honesty we’ve stopped asking. It used to be that we could get Steve on and have a nice conversation about the club, with some great insight into our what it is like for him running the club. Unfortunately the last couple of times it felt like there was no way we could do that - it ended up with neither party seeing any real benefit because of the sheer scale of the numbers baying for blood. I’m pretty thick-skinned but I’m just not interested in putting my time and effort into something like that to be hauled over the coals for not asking the questions in a way that everybody wants or for trying to be respectful to someone who I happen to think has been done an amazing job getting the club where he has.

I also don’t see what SP would get out of it these days and I certainly got that feeling when we last did an interview. Even when he’s gone on FYP since, both he and the lads took all sorts of stick for it despite it being really honest and informative.

I’m not saying we won’t try and sort something at some point, but I’m not sure it’ll be any time soon.

Old 17-07-2019, 08:38 AM
Time is running out

That's such a shame as it's normally just a handful of trolls that really give any abuse. With so much doubt about the club's future it feels like we could do with some info.
Old 17-07-2019, 11:55 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
That's such a shame as it's normally just a handful of trolls that really give any abuse. With so much doubt about the club's future it feels like we could do with some info.
The harsh reality is that there's not much Steve Parish would be able to share. If the club is in the process of being sold it would be covered by a Non Disclosure Agreement. And if the club isn't, it's unlikely he'd say so in case that situation changes.

This isn't a critique of him but he's very experienced in the art of fielding questions.

Hambo is right though. There's a demand for a forensic examination of Parish, with hard-hitting questions digging into the nitty gritty of ownership, stadium plans, transfer plans and more. Our last podcast with him saw those questions posed and answers forthcoming; some of the responses we got to it were that we weren't tough enough on him.
Old 28-07-2019, 09:50 PM

Here are the latest few episodes of the series for those fancying a trip down memory lane:

13/14: To view the link you have to Register or Login

14/15: To view the link you have to Register or Login

15/16: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Or find them on your preferred podcast app. 16/17 to follow shortly and the final two in the series before the start of the season.

Recording 15/16 was tough at the end. First time I have watched anything of a the cup final since being at Wembley. Still not over it.

Old 31-07-2019, 10:34 AM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Glad there’s a new host on the LoveSport show. Old one always seemed very insincere and false. New lad seems much more likeable