Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:09 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
Well, if he starts with Ayew today we know he has totally lost it
Actually, he shouldn’t even be on the bench today should he ?

Wickham to start with Bats, Benteke and Sako on the bench
Old 02-02-2019, 09:10 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post

we can only pray. Just imagine what it would be like with 2 up front
Old 02-02-2019, 09:41 AM

CamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Neil Lennon. LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpfcbob View Post
But on paper, we have the strongest squad ever seen at Palace and just feel someone like Neil Lennon would inspire these lads, a bit like Solskjær has for manu.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:45 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Potter is doing an outstanding job at Swansea given the mess they are in and the number of players they have lost. Looks a good manager on the rise. If we did want to persist with Hodgson into next season it would be good to get him as number two / lined up to be future manager.
Agree fully.

I'd be very happy for us to take a chance on potter.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:13 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Potter is doing an outstanding job at Swansea given the mess they are in and the number of players they have lost. Looks a good manager on the rise. If we did want to persist with Hodgson into next season it would be good to get him as number two / lined up to be future manager.
That is a very good point you raise and is something that i have constantly said so myself that we should work towards, recently i mentioned our ex coach Reid had he stayed would have been ideal when RH retired, also Ben Garner would have done well if working under Roy and then being upgraded.
You mention Potter, personally i dont know much about him but i have a brother who has lived in Sweden for a long time and has frequently talked about the good job he was doing, prior to him joining Swansea. However, would/could he now be tempted to come and join initially as a coach? as surely Ray Lewington remains as assistant, i have my doubts.
If it were possible the ideal person for me would be David Wagner initially working under RH in Any role but then to take over when Roy steps aside in about a years time if not sooner if need be. That allows DW the time to get his management mojo back without any immediate pressure after his Huddersfield experience, for me Wagner would be an excellent long term appointment.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:04 PM

mylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post

If you listen to the full press conference yesterday Roy said, about Wickham 'definitely in contention'. I am assuming this means starting line up rather than bench with either Ayew or Schlupp taking Wilf's spot.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:07 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylona View Post
If you listen to the full press conference yesterday Roy said, about Wickham 'definitely in contention'. I am assuming this means starting line up rather than bench with either Ayew or Schlupp taking Wilf's spot.
Yet he’s supposed to be injured .
Old 02-02-2019, 12:13 PM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would be happy to see Dougie have another go, with a good Number 2
Old 02-02-2019, 12:23 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
I would too, as the backstop option. But I'm happy to see Hodgson have one more season after this one, and then we can see who is available. Sean Dyche is still potentially a good fit for us. We need to see who is available in Summer 2020 and go from there.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:27 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
Yet he’s supposed to be injured .
When he plays he scores. Hopefully he will get another outing against Doncaster to show what he can do. We've gone from having only Wilf and Andros to having an extra 3 strikers (Benteke, Wickham and now Batshuayi). It's not going to be easy to keep them all happy.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:30 PM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
I would too, as the backstop option. But I'm happy to see Hodgson have one more season after this one, and then we can see who is available. Sean Dyche is still potentially a good fit for us. We need to see who is available in Summer 2020 and go from there.
When I saw Roys press conference yesterday he looked exhausted, I will always be grateful for last season, but feel let down this as we should have kicked on. And despite what so many say I think we have the best ever assembled squad truly capable of beating any Team on its day, and when you look at the mess the likes of West Spam and Everton are in we really are in good shape.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:51 PM

andy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I just want a manager who understands how good our squad is and plans accordingly. I find Roy far too negative in winnable games. Everton away? Sure, play for a point, that's a good result. But Southampton at home? There is really only one team in the entire division that shouldn't fancy their chances against Southampton at home. Roy's tactics meant that what could have been 4 points, and should certainly have been 3, was in fact none out of just those two games. And we all know there are countless other such examples this season.

In case people haven't noticed I'm going to struggle to get over this season's home game with Southampton for a long time. It was so bad, against such a poor side.

Dougie was negative as a manager for us and was a bit too defensive of his defensiveness I thought as well - the "that's how you ******* win games" answer in his first post game press conference, and the unnecessary spat with BFS after the away game at West Ham spring to mind. But then it might have been that he played that way because of the players we had at the time, who knows. If I'm honest I didn't really pay any attention to what he did at Bolton and Forest except that I know he didn't stay in either job.

I just want somebody who looks at our squad objectively and says "we're good enough to win this match so that's what we're going to try to do" but is realistic enough to know when it's not really on, and is able to affect matches during them if they are there to be affected.

I just don't think Roy believes that we're good enough to win as many matches as I do. And this mantra of "respect the point" - which I fully accept was BFS' quote, and not his, but he definitely follows the philosophy - is holding us back. With three points for a win it's stupid to worry about losing games if that worry affects your ability to win games. The difference between a draw (which you start with) and losing is 1 point, but between a draw and winning is 2. Look at Bournemouth - won 10, lost 11, and drawn just 3. We've drawn 5. I bet everybody, even those who aren't as extreme in their opinion on this as I am, can think of 2 matches we've drawn this season where you've thought "with just a bit of ambition from the bench that was winnable". Even just those 4 extra points that you've all just thought of, and the extra 4 I identified in my first paragraph would put us 12th, level on points with Leicester, 13 points clear of the relegation zone and realistically looking up rather than down.

And that's before we start talking about Watford away, Brighton away, West Ham away (it's not just the home record that's hurting us here) etc...

That's much nearer where we should be right now in my opinion and that's what I want from a manager. Positivity. Not Pardew levels of stupidity, but realistic positivity. And I don't think it's too much to ask.

Last edited by andy m; 02-02-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:52 PM

andy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
When I saw Roys press conference yesterday he looked exhausted, I will always be grateful for last season, but feel let down this as we should have kicked on. And despite what so many say I think we have the best ever assembled squad truly capable of beating any Team on its day, and when you look at the mess the likes of West Spam and Everton are in we really are in good shape.
Er, forget the reams I've just typed! Basically, this.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:04 PM

Cpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The squad seem lackadaisical under Roy this season, we seem way too nice!

It's wasn't long ago we had a new club badge and remember Parish saying the badge with the shield was to represent us going to battle and wanted opposing teams and their fans coming to SP fearful feeling it's intimidating place. Instead, teams are coming to us laughing on what a soft touch side we are.

We need a hard ass manager like Fergerson who constantly kicks players up the ass, gets them working like factory robots, closing down every ball, as afraid that just ain't happening under Roy's instruction.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:09 PM

wawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewawman_15 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I personally wouldn’t swap Roy for Doug!!

At the moment we should be shortlisting 4/5 upcoming young managers who are showing potential. Not against a Wagner, houghton or dyche option when the time is right and if possible. No panicking though....
Old 02-02-2019, 02:21 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He didn't pick Meyer again, and in a 3 game week no less. Can't get my head round it.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:20 PM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Roy was great again today.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:25 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
He was. Spot on tactics.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-02-2019, 05:27 PM
Man Of The World

carlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Roy is amazing. For those who are opposed, get to ****.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:27 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
He was. Spot on tactics.
No no no. The opposition was hopeless, like all his other wins.