Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:28 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpfcbob View Post
Fulham were atrocious, Roys subs again were wrong, a 4-year-old could have picked our line up. Our players won the game, not Roy.

If we'd lost you'd be blaming Roy Hogdson and calling him a decrepit old git.

Why the f*ck don't people like you just simply enjoy the ride rather than moan about everything?
Old 02-02-2019, 11:53 PM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Fulham were atrocious, Roys subs again were wrong, a 4-year-old could have picked our line up. -Our-players- CYRUS CHRISTIE won the game, not Roy.
Correction
Old 03-02-2019, 12:30 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Palace for the first time in ages now have genuine strength in depth and not just a decent first team.

Roy can now give injured players a rest and does not have to over-stress players returning from injury allowing them to get back up to speed without over exerting themselves before they are ready.

Great to see so many happy Palace fans singing the praises of Roy during and after the game.

Roy Hodgson's Red and Blue Army is on the march and will silence the doubters.

COYP
Old 03-02-2019, 03:29 AM

Cpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
If we'd lost you'd be blaming Roy Hogdson and calling him a decrepit old git.

Why the f*ck don't people like you just simply enjoy the ride rather than moan about everything?
Becuase, today just masked how bad Roy really is. We are punching well below our weight with him at the helm. Parish should be looking for a long term manager behind the scenes.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:36 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Becuase, today just masked how bad Roy really is. We are punching well below our weight with him at the helm. Parish should be looking for a long term manager behind the scenes.

He has because when his contract is up, he'll be our longest serving manager since Dowie (and Warnock - first time around).

Roy Hodgson isn't going to f*ck us over for Charlton any time soon.

Last edited by GorBlimey; 03-02-2019 at 03:40 AM.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:50 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
Quote:
Fulham were atrocious, Roys subs again were wrong, a 4-year-old could have picked our line up. Our players won the game, not Roy.
Points per game ratio. Judge Roy on that.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:47 AM

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Palace for the first time in ages now have genuine strength in depth and not just a decent first team.

Roy can now give injured players a rest and does not have to over-stress players returning from injury allowing them to get back up to speed without over exerting themselves before they are ready.

Great to see so many happy Palace fans singing the praises of Roy during and after the game.

Roy Hodgson's Red and Blue Army is on the march and will silence the doubters.

COYP
Hold on a minute you , I thought we had the best squad ever already and now you are telling me we just have strength in depth today

Old 03-02-2019, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
Hold on a minute you , I thought we had the best squad ever already and now you are telling me we just have strength in depth today

Well we do.

What is wrong with you?
Old 03-02-2019, 06:05 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Looking back we have been fairly consistent in this regard after playing 25 matches:

2018/19 points 26 position 14th
2017/18 26 / 13
2016/17 19 / 19
2015/16 32 / 12
2014/15 27 / 13
2013/14 26 / 14
Interesting, thx for this Dave

Had a couple warning!

I would say, for me, this "same position" every season after 25 matches includes some seasons of underperformance, eg maybe this season, and some years of doing well, eg earlier seasons. Overall I might have hoped for a bit more improvement to date I suppose, but I am grateful we are still Prem. Means a lot to me
Old 03-02-2019, 06:08 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Silly Bobbage!
Old 03-02-2019, 06:10 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Mate I’m not trying to be rude when I say this, but your attitude sounds very much like those Charlton fans who wanted their club to go to the ‘next level’ a few years back.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 03-02-2019, 06:21 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Atrocious? No, they have some good players, and they came out of the blocks pretty fast and looked to be a decent side, but our tactics, dictated by Roy, and our defensive organization, nullified a decent side with a decent approach

They had more possession but we had many more corners and scoring chances

Last edited by Timbo; 03-02-2019 at 06:24 AM.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:23 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Mate I’m not trying to be rude when I say this, but your attitude sounds very much like those Charlton fans who wanted their club to go to the ‘next level’ a few years back.
I was trying to be mildly rude to him.....
Old 03-02-2019, 06:45 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My god, so many of you lot speak utter nonsense
Old 03-02-2019, 06:48 AM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This thread should be closed along with the one demanding his resignation and those who voted for him to resign should hold their head in shame. We are going to finish mid table and I have a feeling could do very well in the FA cup on a shoestring budget and with our strikers being out injured for most of the season. He has got rid of the dead wood and hopefully we may have some money to spend this summer. If he does Roy will build something special next season at this club and should be fully backed by our supporters.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:01 AM

okey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineokey eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I didn't see it that way. I thought it handed the initiative to Fulham after we were battering them with two up top. Ayew then reverted to being less effective when he was the main striker after being excellent alongside Benteke. As I said, he had to take Benteke off but it would have been good to see Batshuayi come on then. Fulham really were a poor team today.

But this is a small thing in what has been a good day. Shame Cardiff won but we should start looking up the table now we finally have a decent striker, and also potentially another one in Benteke if he builds on his performance today.
Agree with the above. Fulham were under the cosh when we had two strikers on. Replacing Benteke with Meyer relieved the pressure on the Fulham defence.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:07 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
No it was sensible.

Hodgson is not a bad manager. You do not last in the game as long as he has without being good at what he does .

However he is set in his ways and frustrates me greatly at times.

We have underacheived this season and I do mainly lay the blame at his door for that.
You could be talking about my Mrs there Cary
Old 03-02-2019, 08:58 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Some of our “fans” attitude towards Roy remind me greatly of those views Ipswich fans showed last season towards Mick McCarthy.

The thing is some of our fanbase should have learnt their lesson after the de fraud experiment that you should be very careful what you wish for.

Roy isn’t a perfect manager, but he’s extremely pragmatic one. And all said and done, he usually gets it right...
Old 03-02-2019, 09:51 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Whatever anyone thinks of Hodgson, it will be intriguing to see what he does now he has so many attacking options.

Was he only playing cautious, rigid football because he didn't have many attacking options? Or is this his preferred approach regardless?

We'll see over the next week or two as he's got so many options now and it will be interesting to see what he goes for. An attack of Benteke and Batshuayi, with Wilf and Townsend wide, is surely the way to go, especially for home games. I'd love to see him go for it in games against the more average teams we've got coming up.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:09 AM
Palace till I die

casinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecasinocolin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Whatever anyone thinks of Hodgson, it will be intriguing to see what he does now he has so many attacking options.

Was he only playing cautious, rigid football because he didn't have many attacking options? Or is this his preferred approach regardless?

We'll see over the next week or two as he's got so many options now and it will be interesting to see what he goes for. An attack of Benteke and Batshuayi, with Wilf and Townsend wide, is surely the way to go, especially for home games. I'd love to see him go for it in games against the more average teams we've got coming up.
I believe you will see this now because when we had RLC playing at the end of last season Roy had us playing the best attacking football I have ever seen us play. That is why there was so much expectation for this season unfortunately we lost him and was never replaced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcpfc View Post
Now that is some proposition.

Steve Parish our greatest chairmen.