Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-02-2019, 02:22 PM
Untapped potential....

DAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am going to copy and paste something from the other Roy thread.

We've been lucky away from home and unlucky at home. We are about where we should be in terms of overall level of performance (maybe a few points less) Agree we are fairly predictable but also difficult to beat. We can also play some nice stuff under him.

I like and respect Roy but there is a question mark around if he should stay in the summer. I am 70% in favour of him staying. There is every chance that a replacement designed to "take us to the next level" will be a disaster. However, I also dont want to see Roy sacked mid-season. That would be a sorry end to his career.

+

Let's not forget that Roy has been allowed to spend 20 million in 3 transfer windows so far. It would be interesting to see how we do after there is money to spend.
Old 28-02-2019, 04:18 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Watching both his compartiots last night in Lukaku and Batshuayi, they both move along the line and drop deep, generally causing problems for defenders. Benteke spend more time pointing at the sky.

Even the way he moves, when the ball is away from he just looks like he is soley thinking about himself and his predicament, not in the flow of football.
You are probably right I would rather have Wickham,one deflection of knee isn't a great return
Old 28-02-2019, 04:31 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburns7 View Post
You are probably right I would rather have Wickham,one deflection of knee isn't a great return
Wickham wasnt mentioned at all in your previous post, so what does that have to do with Batshuayi Versus Benteke?

I have seen Batshuayi take many instinctive snap shots that have been either been on target or very close something a striker does: Gamble and know where the goal is, Benteke hasnt done this in 24 months. I actually think Batshuayi deserves his goal against Leicester and was an instinctive finish. When has Benteke done anything like that?

As for Wickham, I like him but he is injured so that is not what you were originally talking about.
Old 28-02-2019, 04:44 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
There were people arguing in January we should get rid of Dann or Ward because they hadn't played in a while. It's only obvious you need strength in depth when the time comes, and at the moment (excluding Wickham) we're at pretty much full strength attack-wise.
But wouldnt he have been a good option from bench last night instead of bloody Ayew. Could have come on for Dchlupp and left PVA where he was..
I know Ayew didnt come on for PVA.

Last edited by Lombardo's hair; 28-02-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Old 28-02-2019, 04:53 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
But we have had more attempts on goal than any other season, more attempted passes, more successful passes, more possession, and he's done all that with improving the team technically?

Or do you literally mean in terms of missing simple chances, which the players must take an equal share of the blame?!
Every team misses easy chsnces many have against us. So thsts a mesnigless point. The lack of bodies we get into opposition area is a big concern to me. We still havent sorted out our set pieces. We have a very decent swuad that is under used. Im not for wholesale changes but sometimes a change is needed especially after a defeat. The opposition know our set up as it never changes so they can prepare for it without resorting to Bielsa tactics
Old 28-02-2019, 04:57 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Wickham wasnt mentioned at all in your previous post, so what does that have to do with Batshuayi Versus Benteke?

I have seen Batshuayi take many instinctive snap shots that have been either been on target or very close something a striker does: Gamble and know where the goal is, Benteke hasnt done this in 24 months. I actually think Batshuayi deserves his goal against Leicester and was an instinctive finish. When has Benteke done anything like that?

As for Wickham, I like him but he is injured so that is not what you were originally talking about.
If I had 3 fit strikers I would start Wickham didn't realise I was back in court
Benteke is better than Bathurst,if I had a choice of three I would start Wickham
My learned freind
Old 28-02-2019, 05:03 PM
Banned by Moderators

Who is scoring our goals a winger a hopeless midfielder and a no2 right back at probably 400 grand a week no wonder Steve looks a bit concerned
Old 28-02-2019, 05:09 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
Every team misses easy chsnces many have against us. So thsts a mesnigless point. The lack of bodies we get into opposition area is a big concern to me. We still havent sorted out our set pieces. We have a very decent swuad that is under used. Im not for wholesale changes but sometimes a change is needed especially after a defeat. The opposition know our set up as it never changes so they can prepare for it without resorting to Bielsa tactics
It was in response to the 'no technical improvements' yet from a technical point of view, we are better at all the above technical aspects than we have been under any other manager!

To discuss your point, having had 6/7th most chances i the league, law of averages suggests we have missed more chances than others also, equally backed up by how often we have hit the woodwork. So hardly meaningless is it. Set pieces are an odd one, but personnel is a big factor in those also, Dann attacks corners better than anyone else in our side, but Roy can't exactly select him on that basis alone. I would have gone with Dann over Kelly yesterday for that reason, but Man Utd don't exactly concede many set piece goals either, so can why he didn't.

The last bit is daft lol. Those same tactics that everyone can work out, managed to out do the best manager in the league, have Klopp on the ropes, beat Pochettino, out smart the medias new genius Santo. Lets not deny the fact we have deserved ALOT more from our performances than we have got this season. Bar Leicester we've deserved every win, but I can think of 5/6 games where we've deserved more than we got. Shame that gets forgotten about.
Old 28-02-2019, 06:33 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
If I had 3 fit strikers I would start Wickham didn't realise I was back in court
Benteke is better than Bathurst,if I had a choice of three I would start Wickham
My learned freind
Wickham was never part of the question though. You said Benteke should start infront of Batshuayi.

You can deny it by attributing it to ‘being back in court’ but it makes no sense to the chain of posts. Fair enough if you say you would start Benteke above Batshuayi, I disagree massively but that is just difference of opinion, I personally see more goals , linkup play and movement from Batshuayi.

Last edited by MFBias; 28-02-2019 at 06:35 PM.
Old 28-02-2019, 06:42 PM
Banned by Moderators

We are entitled to an opinion and at times the money is being spent so they feel obliged to play them when Connor first came he was played infront of others for no reason than money
Who veers been up front it hasn't been great
Old 28-02-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
It was in response to the 'no technical improvements' yet from a technical point of view, we are better at all the above technical aspects than we have been under any other manager!

To discuss your point, having had 6/7th most chances i the league, law of averages suggests we have missed more chances than others also, equally backed up by how often we have hit the woodwork. So hardly meaningless is it. Set pieces are an odd one, but personnel is a big factor in those also, Dann attacks corners better than anyone else in our side, but Roy can't exactly select him on that basis alone. I would have gone with Dann over Kelly yesterday for that reason, but Man Utd don't exactly concede many set piece goals either, so can why he didn't.

The last bit is daft lol. Those same tactics that everyone can work out, managed to out do the best manager in the league, have Klopp on the ropes, beat Pochettino, out smart the medias new genius Santo. Lets not deny the fact we have deserved ALOT more from our performances than we have got this season. Bar Leicester we've deserved every win, but I can think of 5/6 games where we've deserved more than we got. Shame that gets forgotten about.
Didnt say they could beat us as thevsum of our team ud better than some of our opponent's. As for the managescyou mention. We defended and were lucky not to be behind in most instances due to easy missed chances. The pochetino case....they were spurs b team
Old 28-02-2019, 10:01 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
Didnt say they could beat us as thevsum of our team ud better than some of our opponent's. As for the managescyou mention. We defended and were lucky not to be behind in most instances due to easy missed chances. The pochetino case....they were spurs b team
So by your own rationale, we were lucky not to be behind due to missed chances, but when the same is applied to the games we’ve played, where players have missed chances - Newcastle, Watford (A), Wolves (H), Man Utd (A), Liverpool (A), Cardiff (H), West Ham (H), Arsenal (H) even last night we had 2/3 chances to go 1 up before they did; it’s because Roy is shit, our players are poorly coached, the team is set up wrong, tactics are rubbish etc.

Apply the same logic to both and we have been far more unlucky in terms of results than our performances have suggested.

Your last sentence sums it up.....we had 7 players start that aren’t in our first 11, but you only mentioned Spurs B team which had 6....

Last edited by GrayP41ace; 28-02-2019 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:47 AM

Loafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No way is Sanches better than Wilf, just no way
Old 01-03-2019, 03:22 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafster View Post
A couple of years back certainly.

Not now.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:36 AM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafster View Post
That injury ruined Sanchez. He's gone from world class to being a player I'd struggle to get excited about if he was joining Palace. Torres level fall from grace.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:07 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Didn't like Roy Hodgson moaning in the Evening Substandard about all Man Utd's 6'4" players.

They had 3 of them apparently, so it was really tough for us. Here's an idea Roy play Dann (6'4"), Kouyate (6'4") and Benteke (6'4"). We are one of the few clubs that have the players to compete with Man Utd in the air and yet we chose not to. Kelly was appalling at set-pieces - let's face it he's way behind Dann in terms of heading ability. Batshuayi did nothing all game and let's face it Kouyate couldn't have been worse than Luka.

I still like him, but Roy got it very wrong. Again.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:09 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
A couple of years back certainly.

Not now.
Sanchez has completely gone at the game. I'd rather have Sorloth than him!
Old 01-03-2019, 11:20 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Didn't like Roy Hodgson moaning in the Evening Substandard about all Man Utd's 6'4" players.

They had 3 of them apparently, so it was really tough for us. Here's an idea Roy play Dann (6'4"), Kouyate (6'4") and Benteke (6'4"). We are one of the few clubs that have the players to compete with Man Utd in the air and yet we chose not to. Kelly was appalling at set-pieces - let's face it he's way behind Dann in terms of heading ability. Batshuayi did nothing all game and let's face it Kouyate couldn't have been worse than Luka.

Agreed.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:09 PM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post

Seconded.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:11 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not to mention the rasper after a nifty turn that got parried into Schlupps path against Fulham. Thought that ws pretty good myself