Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 31-03-2019, 07:56 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
I don’t think Penstone’s a Brighton fan at all.
Has a more cynical view of palace than most Brighton fans.
Old 31-03-2019, 07:58 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don’t think Penstone’s a Brighton fan at all.

He is.
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
He is.

How do you know ?
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
How do you know ?

Look at the state of his posts..
Old 31-03-2019, 07:59 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Look at the state of his posts..
Could you earmark one for me ? I’ve never read any of his posts and thought he was Brighton.
Old 31-03-2019, 08:00 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
He is.
Is he bollox

Give it a rest ffs
Old 31-03-2019, 08:00 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

Quote:
Could you earmark one for me ? I’ve never read any of his posts and thought he was Brighton.

100% of his posts are anti Palace. It’s not that difficult, and I’d consider myself a negative fan!

He has nothing good to say about any aspect of the club.
Old 31-03-2019, 08:03 PM
Glazed All Over

CriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MENTALLY TOUGH View Post
Well being a bit geeky about it, its zero but our GD against Cardiffs,Burnley especially is massive so excuse me of the exaggerated point.
Point taken
Old 31-03-2019, 08:06 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
100% of his posts are anti Palace. It’s not that difficult, and I’d consider myself a negative fan!

All true but he is palace . He just has a weird way of supporting us .
Old 31-03-2019, 08:07 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
All true but he is palace . He just has a weird way of supporting us .

Must be a miserable life in that case!
Old 31-03-2019, 08:07 PM
Selhurst Heaven

Quote:

I’ve found this one ....

“Millwall really need to start injuring weed players”.
________
Old 31-03-2019, 08:09 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Must be a miserable life in that case!
In that case, he must be a Palace fan!
Old 31-03-2019, 08:24 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

‘Anti Palace’ ?

FFS
Old 31-03-2019, 09:57 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
It is worth up to 0.99 of a point.

It wont help to argue the point of our healthy position to argue anymore with this doom mongers.
39 points for us means all the others beed 40 so it is quite significant. for mine 39 will di it, as 1 that means as Carriff will need 12 points, 4 wins or 3 wins /3 draws/1 loss out of 7. Most will be have to be from teams around us heaping pressure on them. They may need to beat at least 1 of the top 4 but the chance for that was snatched away today. Not sure theyll have a sniff at the Etihad this week
Old 31-03-2019, 11:17 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
39 points for us means all the others beed 40 so it is quite significant. for mine 39 will di it, as 1 that means as Carriff will need 12 points, 4 wins or 3 wins /3 draws/1 loss out of 7. Most will be have to be from teams around us heaping pressure on them. They may need to beat at least 1 of the top 4 but the chance for that was snatched away today. Not sure theyll have a sniff at the Etihad this week
I never said 0.99 of a point is not significent. What I did claim it is to suggest it is worth more is incorrect, especially if you are trying use this as an extra arguement to justify safety against a ‘relegation battle’ with doom mongers who will rightly say it isnt worth anymore that.

One poster admited he was exaggerating when he said it was worth 3 points to have this goal difference which is what created this train of thought.

Last edited by MFBias; 31-03-2019 at 11:20 PM.
Old 31-03-2019, 11:21 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
We are not technically safe, but we are not in a relegation battle. Again it’s the defination of the phrase. For me a battle is right on the line above the zone, looking at game in hand, you losing and another winning and you are back in the relegation zone.

We have an 8 point lead with a massive goal difference, we have to pick up some points and that is it. Are people only thinking of Oldham? Tell me as it was slightly before my time. But were Palace only one place above them in those last 3 games?

Imagine we were in Cardiff’s position, would we be looking at a team 8 points above us and thinking they are part of a relegation battle. No we wouldn’t.

Last edited by MFBias; 31-03-2019 at 11:38 PM.
Old 31-03-2019, 11:53 PM

BadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
We are not technically safe, but we are not in a relegation battle. Again it’s the defination of the phrase. For me a battle is right on the line above the zone, looking at game in hand, you losing and another winning and you are back in the relegation zone.

We have an 8 point lead with a massive goal difference, we have to pick up some points and that is it. Are people only thinking of Oldham? Tell me as it was slightly before my time. But were Palace only one place above them in those last 3 games?

Imagine we were in Cardiff’s position, would we be looking at a team 8 points above us and thinking they are part of a relegation battle. No we wouldn’t.
We are 8 pts ahead of Cardiff but also 8 pts behind Wolves in 7th position. If, as some claim on here, we are threatened by relegation, then it could be equally argued that we are still in the running for 7th place and the “best of the rest” title....
Old 31-03-2019, 11:56 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadenEagle View Post
We are 8 pts ahead of Cardiff but also 8 pts behind Wolves in 7th position. If, as some claim on here, we are threatened by relegation, then it could be equally argued that we are still in the running for 7th place and the “best of the rest” title....
Good point.

The table doesnt lie. We are unlikey to be able able to maintain the form to climb to 7th with all the other teams dropping points, just as the teams below us doing the same.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:12 AM

Crunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

What i do remember from the old grey matter was this.

We lost to Wimbledon away 4-0 and I thought we were down ( watched it from the old student bar on Falmer Campus at Sussex Uni on the brand new Sky channel) Actually looking at the elague table we did go down by a GD of -11 to -13 so was our downfall.

Then we beat Middlesboro' 4-1 then I thought. I think they are down. Coleman scored in that as well (maybe a couple) (so maybe not.

We then played Ipswich and then drew away to Man City and that was that.

Then the FREAKISH calamity ever.

Oldham beat Aston Villa AWAY who if they had won they would have gone top are at least be within Man U for the title. (around he same time we beat Ipswich).

So the Man city away draw put us 6 points clear of Olham who had to play Liverpool and SOuthampton.

Can't remember the scores ( i think Southampton must have been 4-3 to Oldham as I recall a Le Tiss hatrick- maybe be wrong).

But remember which way around it was either but it was ****ing miserable losing to Arsenal that's for sure.

Last edited by Crunchie; 01-04-2019 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:06 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
I firmly believe that the often slow play and passing backwards along with poor results and finishing that home fans suffer have made things feel worse than they are.

Swap some of the excellent away results for some of the bloody awful home ones, and we'd be more accepting of where we are, we aren't far behind teams in the top 10, it really is easier to accept a must not lose set up for away games than at home.

Despite my negative outlook on things I have said for some time on here that we won't go down, but the anxiety that having to rely on getting away results makes people think we're in big trouble.

I believe Roy should go though, time to go I think.