Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-05-2019, 03:01 PM

adman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If it is any consolation apparently Man United have over 60 scouts and they still managed to pay £50m for Fred!
Old 17-05-2019, 03:12 PM
Man about town

Marksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Yes I saw both of their debuts. I was there. Ray was injured fairly early on wasn't he and Pitcher had a poor game. Our other new signing Preece went off injured too I think.

Obviously many years have gone between those games so it's hard to compate but I still remember Jairo's as worse. Rabbit in headlights and utterly out of his depth on that day. Others played poorly but he was truly woeful.

There have been the odd, rare signs of somethinh good from Jairo but far more often he has looked not up to it in the Premier League to me. I trust Roy's opinion on him and wish we could get rid but he has turned down a few moves now which is disappointing as I would expect him to want to play football and try to get his career back on track but he seems happy to pick up his pay cheque despite rarely making the bench and clearly being told he is not in the managers plans.
Was he not played out of position at CB in his debut? He looked comfortable as a holding midfielder against City & Spurs when I last saw him play. I always felt like he could step up.
Old 17-05-2019, 03:36 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksf View Post
Was he not played out of position at CB in his debut? He looked comfortable as a holding midfielder against City & Spurs when I last saw him play. I always felt like he could step up.
He had mainly played centre back when he broke though at Ajax before being moved to left back at the end of his time there. If you look on YouTube you can probably see him gifting Man U a goal from left back (awful throw in) in his final game for then. I think De Boer (and probably Jairo on that day) underestimated the pace and strength of the English game.

Since then we have used him as a defensive mid by I have little doubt he was signed specifically to play as the left sided of 3 centre backs - as he did that day. Of course that system was ripped up immediately after that result.

He has looked OK to me in a couple of games in the Premier League but also looked too timid and shy at other times. I remember him being incredibly weak and turning his back on one of Bristol City's goals when they beat us in the league Cup. Personally I've never seen anything to suggest he is mobile enough or has the physicality for our league.
Old 17-05-2019, 03:38 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adman50 View Post
If it is any consolation apparently Man United have over 60 scouts and they still managed to pay £50m for Fred!
That's why I think they would be our best bet for selling Wilf if he has to go. They are the most likely to make a huge bid.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:58 PM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Jach starting for Sheriff in champions league qualifier today. Do us proud son.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:26 PM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmasape View Post
Jach starting for Sheriff in champions league qualifier today. Do us proud son.
Ironic he got a move to a Champions League team before Wilf! Maybe his brother’s a better agent.

Last edited by Garfy; 10-07-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:29 PM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfy View Post
Ironic he got a move a Champions League team before Wilf! Maybe his brother’s a better agent.
I was going to make a similar comment but decided not to go there.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:31 PM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmasape View Post
I was going to make a similar comment but decided not to go there.
Sorry couldn’t resist.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:33 PM

Old 10-07-2019, 05:36 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Is he still on loan there, or has he gone permanent?
Old 10-07-2019, 05:38 PM

No idea - loan still as far as I know.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:59 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It is on loan. They are 0-1 down at home at HT.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:07 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Batshuayi just scored for the scum.