Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Which best describes you?
Currently in Holmesdale Lower, if rail seats (ie standing) are installed I want to be in them 155 40.26%
Currently in Holmesdale Lower - would choose a seating area if back of lower became standing 32 8.31%
Currently NOT IN Holmesdale Lower but would love to move to rail seating (standing) 113 29.35%
Not in Lower tier, and no interest in being in any standing area 68 17.66%
MOO! 17 4.42%
Voters: 385. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2018, 02:51 PM

exiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Dell had a diagonal on the pitchside stands, standing at the back with seats in the front.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:52 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
“The document, known as the green guide and running to more than 300 pages, also gives official blessing to football clubs to follow Tottenham Hotspur’s lead and install seats with independent barriers that will allow safe-standing areas to be introduced immediately if the government changes the law.”

Parish has said on the FYP pod recently that when safe standing is legal, they’ll look at it. Until then, they won’t.

Whilst the publication is a step in the right direction, Palace won’t be acting until it’s legal.

A long way to go yet.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:55 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Some old quotes from the club on the subject:

This was from January 2015

Parish also backed up the Football Supporters' Federation's argument that safe standing benefits those who wish to sit, as well as those who wish to stand. Cater for both and it removes the problem of blocked views for fans who prefer to sit, while those who choose to stand can do so without aggravation from stewards.

“We’ve got this ridiculous situation in the Lower Holmesdale where some people want to sit down, some people want to stand up, and I’ve got letters: ‘I’m fuming because everyone wants to stand up in front of me’ or ‘I’m fuming ‘cos the stewards are making me sit down,’” said Parish.

“And in theory we can’t say, ‘You can all stand up in that area, so if you want to sit down, don’t buy a season ticket in that area because people are going to stand up, possibly throughout the whole game’.

“I think it’s something we want to look at next year. We’re just looking at the whole legal position of whether we’ve got to make people sit or whether we’ve got to provide a seat.

“Can we actually say to people, ‘Look, the Lower Holmesdale’s standing. People are going to stand pretty much throughout the game, if you want to sit down, you’re probably best finding somewhere else to go.’”

This was from March 2018:

Steve Parish, the Palace chairman, said: “We’re looking at rail seating now for the Holmesdale Stand, that’s part of why the season tickets were on hold.

“We’re not allowed to do it. It needs a change in law, as far as we’ve been told.”

Mr Parish said: “We would like to do it, I think the supporters would like it. The main reason we would like to do it, bizarrely, is more for the people that want to sit down than for the people that want to stand up.

“In most grounds, there are certain areas where people don’t sit down and this spreads.

“Then you get this [clash] between supporters that want to sit down and want to stand up. If you can have an official standing area, you can actively police certain areas more actively.”
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 06-11-2018, 03:07 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Much that I love the word extrapolate, I don't think you can use a BBS poll as the basis for a decision like that.

On the other hand, if the club did some proper research or a survey...

Crazy talk. They'd probably move the entire lower holmesdale to the arthur instead and give the safe standing holmesdale to the away fans or something.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:09 PM
living in a bubble

Lord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
“The document, known as the green guide and running to more than 300 pages, also gives official blessing to football clubs to follow Tottenham Hotspur’s lead and install seats with independent barriers that will allow safe-standing areas to be introduced immediately if the government changes the law.”

Parish has said on the FYP pod recently that when safe standing is legal, they’ll look at it. Until then, they won’t.

Whilst the publication is a step in the right direction, Palace won’t be acting until it’s legal.

A long way to go yet.
The point is, is that it IS now legal so long as seats are not locked up. (I think they flip up automatically anyway so it's a win win!)
Old 06-11-2018, 03:11 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post

Crazy talk. They'd probably move the entire lower holmesdale to the arthur instead and give the safe standing holmesdale to the away fans or something.
Joking aside, I wonder what the plan would be for safe standing for away fans. Perhaps you could turn the Arthur back to how it used to be (standing at the front, seats at the back) and deliver safe standing for home and away fans.

In many respects, I don't really care - just as long as it's properly thought through rather than the panicked reaction to the HF withdrawing their support.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 06-11-2018, 03:17 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Joking aside, I wonder what the plan would be for safe standing for away fans. Perhaps you could turn the Arthur back to how it used to be (standing at the front, seats at the back) and deliver safe standing for home and away fans.

In many respects, I don't really care - just as long as it's properly thought through rather than the panicked reaction to the HF withdrawing their support.
I dunno. The tories ruined decent football atmosphere when they forced through all seater stadia as we all know. There was feck all wrong with terraces, the problem was always the fences. I doubt common sense will ever return to that extent though. Probably the best we will get is some sort of split away end with sitters at the front and some sort of demarkation line (two in a row). I did have fish for my lunch in fairness.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:20 PM
Maybe It’s Maybelline?

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post

A long way to go yet.
Difference is this is not officially changing the law to allow safe standing. Just the reclassification of rail-seats to just "seats" which is what is in the ground at the moment. These can be installed and as long as they are not locked it is OK (that is my understanding anyway).

Also, I believe it has to be 1-1 swap. So 1 Holmesdale seat for 1 rail seat, with 1 person allocated to each seat (again as it is currently anyway).

So although safe standing is not officially legal yet, it will make it safer for those that stand anyway.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:32 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
I dunno. The tories ruined decent football atmosphere when they forced through all seater stadia as we all know.
Was it the Tories? I thought that there was all-party consensus.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 06-11-2018, 03:36 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looking at that poll about 85 % of fans who would want to be in Lh would want to stand that's bigger then I thought it would be . ReAly need club to arsk every st holder in Lh same sought of questions if was same % I think it would be all or nothing what would 15 % of seats be first few rows not great veiw from front row sat there once
Old 06-11-2018, 03:42 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flange View Post
The point is, is that it IS now legal so long as seats are not locked up. (I think they flip up automatically anyway so it's a win win!)
Is the correct answer.

I would have thought that the HF bit would have a ratio of 1:1.5 just through mates coming and standing with them (!), but the rest of the lower tier would be a lot more comfortable with a 1:1 ratio and a seat each to sit on before the game and at half time
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 06-11-2018, 03:46 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Was it the Tories? I thought that there was all-party consensus.
Was it? I thought the tories pushed it through. Theyve always hated football.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:51 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thatcher hated football - and almost introduced ID cards for football. But Hillsborough rather changed the narrative, so I think Maz is right that there was all party support to implement the findings of the Taylor report. (I may be wrong, but I think that's also what killed off ID cards.)

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 06-11-2018, 03:58 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Thatcher hated football - and almost introduced ID cards for football. But Hillsborough rather changed the narrative, so I think Maz is right that there was all party support to implement the findings of the Taylor report. (I may be wrong, but I think that's also what killed off ID cards.)
Ah ok thanks. Doesnt really matter as most people agree the only dangerous thing about terraces was getting crushed in a surge. Different times though. There was lots of different danger going to football back then.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:01 PM
They didn't care enough

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ah ok thanks. Doesnt really matter as most people agree the only dangerous thing about terraces was getting crushed in a surge. Different times though. There was lots of different danger going to football back then.
I still can’t believe those responsible for passing a safety certificate on a fenced terrace with tens of thousands in it have not been brought to account.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:09 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
I still can’t believe those responsible for passing a safety certificate on a fenced terrace with tens of thousands in it have not been brought to account.
Crazy isnt it. Emotive subject though. They will always lean on the side of safety afterwards for the reasons questioned in your post though i suppose. Even though the locked fence was the issue and not the terrace itself.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:12 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Oh come now...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 329344_1.jpg (15.4 KB, 19 views)
Old 06-11-2018, 04:14 PM
Borderline lunacy

That's Ken Bates, who wanted to electrify the terrace fences. Maybe what Elgin should have said more accurately was they hated ordinary football fans.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:14 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Oh come now...

You rest my case. Fulham wanker.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:15 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
I thought the issue was more that the police didn't shut the gates to the central pens when they could see from their control tower overlooking that end that they were full and that the outer pens were still half empty.