Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-12-2018, 11:06 AM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Our Board have been complacent again. To find themselves in this position after what happened last year is chronic mismanagement.
Signing Sorloth was the problem, we clearly can't afford to spend more money without additional revenue coming from the stadium so have to make do.

The problem is, "making do" means using an untested youngster who cost way more than he should have done as the answer, or two wingers upfront.

Typical Palace...
Old 06-12-2018, 11:28 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul View Post
He won't make any difference we need a new striker this donkey has no form for 2 years

He may be part of the problem, but without any decent service he will never even get the chances. Hitting a long ball over the top isn't his style as he has limited pace, but putting a ball into the box to his head is or a cross to his feet on the ground 5 yards from goal. We don't create as we play with 6 or 7 at the back.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:02 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
He may be part of the problem, but without any decent service he will never even get the chances. Hitting a long ball over the top isn't his style as he has limited pace, but putting a ball into the box to his head is or a cross to his feet on the ground 5 yards from goal. We don't create as we play with 6 or 7 at the back.
He has had plenty chances over the last 18 months he hasnt taken, lets not excuse him.0
Old 06-12-2018, 12:35 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
This is re-writing stuff for no reason? We do create chances, daft to suggest otherwise.

Benteke is also still 18th in the big chances missed list having not played since god knows when! (Last year he was second having missed 20, only behind Salah who missed 23)
We're 5th for hitting the woodwork. (Last year we were 13th having hit it 8 times, the same as this season already)
13th for big chances missed. (Last year we were 4th, having missed 55!!)
8th for number of shots (Last year we were 7th)
God only knows how many balls across the box we have just failed to get a touch on!

We don't take our chances certainly, but we do create them.

EDIT: Added some stats for last season too, which equally suggests we create our fair share of chances!

Last edited by GrayP41ace; 06-12-2018 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:44 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
sorely missed!!!
That describes his shooting for the last two years....
Old 06-12-2018, 01:00 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I question the validity of this statement, as would Florian Andone, along with scorers of plenty of other counter attacking goals we've conceded this season.

I put the lack of creativity down to the lack of creativity in the final third, not lack of players.. FWIW I think Benteke helps with this quite a bit when he comes on as a super sub.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:31 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
What sort of strange life-form gets up at 7.00 a.m. on a Sunday morning, (during an international break), and starts haranguing one of our players, in multiple repetitive posts - a player who is currently recovering from surgery ?

BTW, anyone know when he's back (Benteke, not the life-forms).
Is this me ?
I'm in China - your 7 a.m. is my 3 p.m.

You have to admit, your post about Defoe was an open goal. And I'm not Benteke.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:32 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
We haven't seen how Benteke will play with Meyer, who is very decent at creating chances in the centre. We might get a nice surprise, although god knows when RH will allow them to play together.

I see the club has sent out a new survey, seems somebody is trying to introduce charging for ST holders and Members for access to "Premium" (read bog-standard) videos, interviews etc.

Last edited by Celestial Empire; 06-12-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:39 PM
Banned by Moderators

Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mick Karnival has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
I'm hoping his crap form has been the result of a niggly injury not helped by bringing him back too early.

Long shot though...
Old 06-12-2018, 01:41 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
He has had plenty chances over the last 18 months he hasnt taken, lets not excuse him.0
He really hasnt. For a start..every corner either hits first man or goes over. Most crosses are poor. We expect he to have the ball to feet with his back to and pull out tricks like messi does.

The attack play is all wrong..hence the lack of goals
Old 06-12-2018, 01:42 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Is this me ?
I'm in China - your 7 a.m. is my 3 p.m.

You have to admit, your post about Defoe was an open goal. And I'm not Benteke.
Of course not, your posts are pretty civilised.
I won't call out the idiots, by name, read the thread back if it really bothers you.

I can't remember any Defoe "open- goals" - except when our defence regularly gave him the freedom of Selhurst, the little (Charlton) pest.

Hope you have a good visit to China (and manage to stay away from the whining expat crowd).
Old 07-12-2018, 02:06 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
How far away is he?
Old 07-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Karnival View Post
I'm hoping his crap form has been the result of a niggly injury not helped by bringing him back too early.

Long shot though...
There were rumours back when he had the operation that it was the same injury that he was out with at the start of last season, and we had just been trying to manage it conservatively from then on - initially bringing him back too quickly and then never getting it properly dealt with.

I don't imagine there's a Palace fan alive that doesn't want Benteke to return from this injury and bang in 20 goals to send us to a mid table position by April, so here's hoping!
Old 07-12-2018, 02:16 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
He really hasnt. For a start..every corner either hits first man or goes over. Most crosses are poor. We expect he to have the ball to feet with his back to and pull out tricks like messi does.

I would have to watch the games to remember the instances but there were opportunites for him to score earlier this season. In one of his last games before the injury I seemed to remember he was played through and he hit the keeper, and another one he skied on a volley. He also has head headers which he could have put away, one he hit into the ground.

I remember laughing thinking can it get any worse for him.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:49 PM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Benteke is a big problem. If he doesn’t come back and score some goals before the season ends then no one will be interested in buying him in the summer and he will be in the last year of his contract and we will have burned a fortune on him. I can’t see him turning around the situation with us and I think he needs a new environment. If I was in charge I would be working hard on getting Benteke a loan move to another club where I felt he could get some goals and restore some value. Perhaps to Spain or Germany for a club challenging in the top half of the table. He could rebuild his reputation a bit and we could move him on the summer while hopefully recouping a decent chunk of the fee. If we could loan him out with a large chunk of his wages covered it would also mean we could use those resources to loan in a striker ourselves for the remainder of the season, perhaps someone like Defoe.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:56 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Yeah good post Billy, there were rumours in the summer linking him to China, If he's up for it that might be the best hope we have of recouping some of the money.

Of course the best thing would be if he just came back and started banging in goals.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:08 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post

It has been painful to see him not be able to get shots or headers on target two yards out from goal. Missing sitters does not do it justice. What would you have called the penalty? He was missing one to three chances a game that I saw. It is in his head rather than physical. Surely a sports psychologist can help him?
Old 07-12-2018, 03:12 PM

grand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
There were rumours back when he had the operation that it was the same injury that he was out with at the start of last season, and we had just been trying to manage it conservatively from then on - initially bringing him back too quickly and then never getting it properly dealt with.

I don't imagine there's a Palace fan alive that doesn't want Benteke to return from this injury and bang in 20 goals to send us to a mid table position by April, so here's hoping!
Hat trick v the weeds would be fine!!
Old 07-12-2018, 03:35 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Benteke is a big problem. If he doesn’t come back and score some goals before the season ends then no one will be interested in buying him in the summer and he will be in the last year of his contract and we will have burned a fortune on him. I can’t see him turning around the situation with us and I think he needs a new environment. If I was in charge I would be working hard on getting Benteke a loan move to another club where I felt he could get some goals and restore some value. Perhaps to Spain or Germany for a club challenging in the top half of the table. He could rebuild his reputation a bit and we could move him on the summer while hopefully recouping a decent chunk of the fee. If we could loan him out with a large chunk of his wages covered it would also mean we could use those resources to loan in a striker ourselves for the remainder of the season, perhaps someone like Defoe.
Or we could back him, and give him a new contract and accept that last season was a blip? Look on the bright side, at least last season's dip in form means that he may well sign a new contract with us rather than leave us for nothing by running his contract down. With a new manager that plays attacking football with crosses into the box Benteke would thrive.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:36 PM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Or we could back him, and give him a new contract and accept that last season was a blip? Look on the bright side, at least last season's dip in form means that he may well sign a new contract with us rather than leave us for nothing by running his contract down. With a new manager that plays attacking football with crosses into the box Benteke would thrive.
His contract along with Sakho is the reason we have no money to spend. The last thing I would do is give him another one. We need to recoup as much money as possible in my opinion and use the funds towards somebody climbing the football ladder.