Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-02-2019, 05:20 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
The kiosk kids were on the concourse selling hot dogs and burgers for a quid as we left the Whitehorse after the game yesterday.

Two points,

1) They were entrepreneurial and taking cash, not sure how much went in the till.....

2) I’d rather have a quid.

Cricket wanker.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:25 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
Hilarious joke bro!
Why do you think I was joking?
Look up the history of vegan pies .... I don't think it would make a book!
Old 03-02-2019, 05:25 PM

WhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhitehorseN76 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
The kiosk kids were on the concourse selling hot dogs and burgers for a quid as we left the Whitehorse after the game yesterday.

Two points,

1) They were entrepreneurial and taking cash, not sure how much went in the till.....

I got one for free
Old 03-02-2019, 05:29 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
I noticed that one of the kiosks in the Holmesdale Upper concourse still had a sign up stating cards and cash accepted (I think it was the Shipperley bar but not certain).
Old 03-02-2019, 06:08 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Maybe an extra 15p for the day on top of the minimum pay our Premier League club pays?

Vote with your feet ...other options before you get to the game.

I could go elsewhere, but surely we all want an improvement. If they get more wedge, they win, and so do we. Counter service is always going to be minimum wage no matter where you are. You wouldn’t pay more than minimum wage if you were the employer I’m sure as I’m sure no other clubs do. I don’t think they have a leader or someone encouraging them on. The annoying thing is, we can all see ways to improve drastically so why can’t the club.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:10 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post

Two points,

My 4 year olds Daughter loves their hotdogs and I have no idea why. It’s almost the highlight of her day and first thing she says when I say she’s coming to Palace with me.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:14 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
At our last game I fancied a pie, so I asked the kid behind the counter what was in the vegan pie. Here's a transcript:

Me: So what's in the vegan pie?
Him: It's a pie for vegans.
Me: I know that, but what's actually inside the pie?
Him: I dunno - vegan stuff.
Me: Any chance you can check?
He goes and talks to someone and come back.
Him: It's a pie that's got vegan stuff inside.

I sometimes wonder if management are aware at just how thick some of the staff they have there are. Entertaining at times though

I think top answer would have been we put a vegan in them.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:37 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
It's mad the way things have changed, I'm not having a go either!

Growing up in the 80s veganism wasn't really a thing, even vegetarians were viewed with suspicion!

The fayre used to be Peters pies and Cornish pasties, red hot and maybe a kit Kat if you were lucky

I know growing older, we're meant to eat healthily and things like Quorn have become a thing, but there wasn't really much choice back in the day.

I'm all for better service, and although I rarely get to Selhurst, or indeed eat, I'm still a hater when it comes to technology and swiperoony with the old debit card and would still like to hand over my shrapnel

Yes I'm an old ****
Old 04-02-2019, 12:07 PM
Fast 'n Bulbous

HolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Had a vegan pie a few matches ago at Selhurst, and can confirm that it consists of dry pastry, a filling of dry shriveled up stuff, and a topping of bullet-hard almost burnt stuff.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:30 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolmesdaleNomad View Post
Had a vegan pie a few matches ago at Selhurst, and can confirm that it consists of dry pastry, a filling of dry shriveled up stuff, and a topping of bullet-hard almost burnt stuff.
Locally sourced though probably
Old 04-02-2019, 01:33 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolmesdaleNomad View Post
It's so much easier to be vegan today, as many vegan equivalents are almost indistinguishable from the non-vegan versions.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 04-02-2019, 01:36 PM

ForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
It's so much easier to be vegan today, as many vegan equivalents are almost indistinguishable from the non-vegan versions.
Apart from, you know, the meat
Old 04-02-2019, 01:39 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
My 4 year olds Daughter loves their hotdogs and I have no idea why. It’s almost the highlight of her day and first thing she says when I say she’s coming to Palace with me.
Same with Ikea, must just be a hot dog thing.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 04-02-2019, 01:42 PM

changepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minechangepersona : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
As others have stated on here the problem isn’t the payment - it’s the totally inept staff.

Surely the sensible idea would be to pre-pour pints before half time rather than slowly pour them one by one for each transaction? The Cronx bar in the lower Holmesdale is an absolute shambles. They’d sell double the amount of pints if they done this.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:43 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Sounds like it was sourced from the Pavement outside the ground.

Cricket wanker.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:47 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
Apart from, you know, the meat
You’re optimistically assuming there’s meat in the meat pies.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:59 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by changepersona View Post
.....Surely the sensible idea would be to pre-pour pints before half time rather than slowly pour them one by one for each transaction? ....
This has been mentioned about 28,423 times before. No answer as of yet. At Headingley for the cricket, they have the 8 pint dispenser thing you see at a lot of grounds. But for one of the smaller bars, they have what looks like a slim blender - stick it in the bottom of a glass and a perfect pint in a couple of seconds or so.

Or maybe one of these in every block

Old 04-02-2019, 04:07 PM

coxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Locally sourced could, of course, mean they’re bought in Sainsbury’s but were manufactured anywhere!

On a related topic, I usually bring a bottle of water with me. The rules require that it is in a plastic bottle with a factory-sealed top. We had run out on Saturday; so bought one in the ground. Top was removed and disposed of. Told couldn’t have bottle with top lest it be used as missile. So one rule says I can only have bottle with sealed top; the other says I’m not allowed to have a bottle with a top. Glad the rules are consistent!
Old 04-02-2019, 04:16 PM
crap ball gazer!

bald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
is that 'cos there's no fookin meat in the meat pies?
Old 04-02-2019, 04:31 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
It’s a huge market now for sure. Our range has gone from a few to shit loads . Not cheap though. Working in food retail my biggest big bear is how all the healthy stuff is so expensive compared to the junk food. If the government was serious about obesity they’d tax the shit out of junk food and off set it on the healthy stuff.