Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-02-2019, 04:33 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bald-eagle View Post
is that 'cos there's no fookin meat in the meat pies?

Other side of aisle meat pies by far out sell the vegaterian/vegan range

Last edited by orp pisshead1; 04-02-2019 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-02-2019, 04:36 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
At our last game I fancied a pie, so I asked the kid behind the counter what was in the vegan pie. Here's a transcript:

Me: So what's in the vegan pie?
Him: It's a pie for vegans.
Me: I know that, but what's actually inside the pie?
Him: I dunno - vegan stuff.
Me: Any chance you can check?
He goes and talks to someone and come back.
Him: It's a pie that's got vegan stuff inside.

I sometimes wonder if management are aware at just how thick some of the staff they have there are. Entertaining at times though
Their job is to serve you fgs not know whatís the pie. Why would they? You should ask the club to make the info available not the poor kids.
Old 04-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
I think my poor attempt at humour may have been missed by some - I just meant that this "dry pastry, a filling of dry shriveled up stuff, and a topping of bullet-hard almost burnt stuff." could describe a traditional Selhurst Park pie.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 04-02-2019, 04:40 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I didn't purchase anything Saturday but are we saying it wasn't cashless?
Old 04-02-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I think my poor attempt at humour may have been missed by some - I just meant that this "dry pastry, a filling of dry shriveled up stuff, and a topping of bullet-hard almost burnt stuff." could describe a traditional Selhurst Park pie.
iíd not long woke up so missed it .
Old 04-02-2019, 06:12 PM

lucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Some of the food at selhurst is truly appalling
Old 04-02-2019, 06:12 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by changepersona View Post
As others have stated on here the problem isnít the payment - itís the totally inept staff.

Surely the sensible idea would be to pre-pour pints before half time rather than slowly pour them one by one for each transaction? The Cronx bar in the lower Holmesdale is an absolute shambles. Theyíd sell double the amount of pints if they done this.

I wonder if there is something about pre pouring that is not allowed. Maybe itís like if you take a cake or something back in a coffee shop they have to legally bin it and canít re-stock or sell it to someone else.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:22 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I think this clip is 10 years old nearly !

Apologies if it’s been mentioned before.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:25 PM

Ogilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is here
We should never encourage pre pouring, I love the surprise on their little faces every time someone orders from the restricted menu, like they’ve never heard of it before. Going cashless will certainly speed things up, especially with parish points meaning two cards to present. I get they are not well paid, but it beggars belief that you can get that many stupid people in a single discipline. They need some kind of Sports Direct incentive scheme, hourly rates increase the more they sell. Having a manager in each bar who’s job it is to sort out a system, getting the right people doing the right jobs, YOU POUR, YOU TAKE THE MONEY. not 6 gormlous kids who all serve a single person. Someone at the club must have the customer experience responsibility! It’s so important, when you are getting smashed at home by Sunderland, being able to have a beer, enjoy good service stops you wanting to rip up the seats. Plenty of away days have been enhanced by good service.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:30 PM

Simmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSimmo the Elder came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
£4 for a sausage roll is criminal for its size, it could be an unforseen error but I doubt it (Whitehorse Lane end)
Old 04-02-2019, 07:24 PM

OLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Their job is to serve you fgs not know whatís the pie. Why would they? You should ask the club to make the info available not the poor kids.
Actually it is their job to know what is in the pies or at least have that information to hand. It is the responsibility of all food retailers to have ingredients available on request due to the laws surrounding food allergies.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:39 PM

R18bo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR18bo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR18bo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR18bo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR18bo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR18bo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR18bo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR18bo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR18bo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR18bo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR18bo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BASING EAGLE View Post
Actually it is their job to know what is in the pies or at least have that information to hand. It is the responsibility of all food retailers to have ingredients available on request due to the laws surrounding food allergies.
This is 100% correct
Old 04-02-2019, 08:11 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
Heard you could still pay cash in main stand bar seemed much quieter before game maybe club thought were not going to turn money down .
Old 04-02-2019, 08:21 PM

chandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
£3.50 for sweets that I can buy in Tesco for £1. £2 for a bottle of water. £4 for a pie.

No more early bird discounts. Very few combo deals.

Come on Palace, charge a fair price for food.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BASING EAGLE View Post
Agree but the info should be there for all to see imo , you canít expect kids under pressure to know.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:35 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Agree but the info should be there for all to see imo , you canít expect kids under pressure to know.
They donít have to know it by heart. The retailer needs to have the info available for customers, so the Ďkidí does need to know where that info is so the customer can, for example, read it for themselves. Some places choose to have a file with lists of their ingredients etc.

Or they can redirect the customer to someone else more senior for assistance, such as a manager (not Roy!).

I get the impression that this info simply isnít available there, nor are there managers about?

In which case I do agree that it sounds like the frontline staff member hasnít been briefed how to deal with these questions and others are at fault for that.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:59 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Hopefully they can make Selhurst Park veganless also.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:22 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
I wonder if there is something about pre pouring that is not allowed. Maybe itís like if you take a cake or something back in a coffee shop they have to legally bin it and canít re-stock or sell it to someone else.
If it is illegal then it is only in football stadiums. I have been to numerous cricket, rugby union, rugby league, ice hockey etc. games and pre-pouring has been expected and delivered.

I have a friend who works in hospitality within theaters, gig venues etc. and being a bit of a football nut as well he "developed" a 4-2-4 system with his counter staff.

Four tills with four cashiers - one serving on each.
Two deliveries who are responsible for two tills, they deliver the food and drinks.
Four "creators" - fancy term for the people getting the food out the heater and physically pouring the drinks.

If you create a system like that and you buy a decent till system that tells you how many of what you sell and in what frequency and time you cannot get it wrong.

You need to make sure that each person responsible for pouring drinks has enough for more than the "average" round of your punters, i.e. if your average round is 2 Cronx and 2x Carlsbergs each "creator" has that ready to go at all times and just tops it up constantly.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 05-02-2019, 08:28 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
Correct - it wasnít cashless. I bought a bottle of water in the Arthur with cash.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:45 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlem68 View Post
£3.50 for sweets that I can buy in Tesco for £1. £2 for a bottle of water. £4 for a pie.

No more early bird discounts. Very few combo deals.

Come on Palace, charge a fair price for food.
There's an awful lot wrong. And if they are interested in getting people there early, combo deals etc are needed. But the pricing structure is a difficult one. And it is in part one of the issues around staffing.

They have just 20 or so business days a season say. You have to get the recruitment for those days and all the various parts of the chain in place for what is just a few hours. You do need quite some margins to make that worthwhile. Doesn't excuse poor service of course. It's why the real money is in the exec and corp lounges and dining area.