Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:24 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So why not open Crystals?
Old 05-02-2019, 11:02 PM

Ogilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
There's an awful lot wrong. And if they are interested in getting people there early, combo deals etc are needed. But the pricing structure is a difficult one. And it is in part one of the issues around staffing.

They have just 20 or so business days a season say. You have to get the recruitment for those days and all the various parts of the chain in place for what is just a few hours. You do need quite some margins to make that worthwhile. Doesn't excuse poor service of course. It's why the real money is in the exec and corp lounges and dining area.
This can’t be an excuse, 99% of other clubs and events manage in the same circumstances. At Bromley, you have an orderly queuing system and staff calling the next customer over. This is parish’s sweet spot, marketing, customer experiences so his team should be doing a far better job than current. I’d outsource the bloody lot.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:27 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Cashless wont speed it up, most people have their money ready, as they are queing long enough. Go to a normal pub, people stand there notes in hand ready to pay. Ive never thoufht someone paying and getting change anywhere else takes too long. More often than not the machine declines the card which takes longer. All this unless basic maths is taking too long for the inept staff..,
Old 06-02-2019, 08:17 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Pre-pouring pints, more staff and more tills is the only way that we'll get given a beer quicker. When you look at the millions coming into the club through TV, I don't really think there's a good excuse not to spend a few extra quid a game on staff. Plus, it will be offset by higher sales, as people will feel more comfortable about getting a half time pint. If you leave your seat dead on half time at the moment, you're waiting a minimum of 10 minutes to get served and then left with 5 minutes to down your pint. Most people won't bother with that as it becomes like a drinking game.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:17 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Let’s face it the red and blue is a total shambles.
Not sure how anyone can’t say that after years of poor service.
What blows my mind is the 3 fridges full of coke, lemonade bottles etc that no one drinks and the warm bottles of PA they need to go and get after they run out. They should have 2-3 people just on tills and the rest serving (once they’ve been trained to know what the 5 beers they offer are).
I honestly think they could have a couple of smaller stands just selling bottles of PA and lager.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:39 AM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
What blows my mind is the 3 fridges full of coke, lemonade bottles etc that no one drinks and the warm bottles of PA they need to go and get after they run out. They should have 2-3 people just on tills and the rest serving (once they’ve been trained to know what the 5 beers they offer are).
I honestly think they could have a couple of smaller stands just selling bottles of PA and lager.
They had the Carlsberg stand which was cash only for a while, bottles, £5 each nice and easy.

Unless they have got some card machines with contactless technology we won't see that open for a while. I would imagine it needs telephone/wi-fi points etc. adding in which won't be a quick job.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 06-02-2019, 09:12 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
All this unless basic maths is taking too long for the inept staff..,
Ding!
Old 06-02-2019, 09:29 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
So why not open Crystals?
Having used Crystals in recent years pre match, the queuing system worked pretty well, due to the production line style service.

The twatty stewarding less so..
Old 06-02-2019, 09:41 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Pre-pouring pints, more staff and more tills is the only way that we'll get given a beer quicker. When you look at the millions coming into the club through TV, I don't really think there's a good excuse not to spend a few extra quid a game on staff. Plus, it will be offset by higher sales, as people will feel more comfortable about getting a half time pint. If you leave your seat dead on half time at the moment, you're waiting a minimum of 10 minutes to get served and then left with 5 minutes to down your pint. Most people won't bother with that as it becomes like a drinking game.
I was also of this opinion previously. For the last year though, I’ve done the accounts for a hospitality location. If it’s anything like the place I look after, bar staff are strictly budgeted at a % vs beverage sales. I mean, there might be an argument that the club are being incredibly stingy with the budget but there do seem to be a fair amount of staff on behind the bars on a match day - in the Holmesdale anyway.

Cashless is also easier in terms of not having to balance tills, count the money, organise & pay for securicor, loomis, etc to come & collect/bank the cash - so again, more expense spared there.

Who under the age of 35 really carries cash around with them these days anyway? Contactless has made transactions so quick & easy - I do see why the club have decided to go along this route.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:45 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Thats the rub, being over 35, I still like handing over the hard earned..

I've probably done swiperooney, about 10 times in my life ever

Boxpark being one as their twatty bar is cashless
Old 06-02-2019, 10:17 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
The red and blue should be a £££ for the club. The whole area needs a major refurbishment. It’s only small things but all the canvasss are now faded, not enough chairs and tables for people to sit at.

Imagine if you was to put up a load of decent memorabilia, open it up early on a matchday for the early epl and after for the late epl.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:35 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Hopefully they can make Selhurst Park veganless also.
Calm down, Piers.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 06-02-2019, 10:35 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Thats the rub, being over 35, I still like handing over the hard earned..

I've probably done swiperooney, about 10 times in my life ever
I'm over 50 and go weeks without using cash. And that's not just because I'm tight.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:39 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Calm down, Piers.
Sorry Susanna.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:45 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
On this Vegan shit.

My Brother was over from the States over Christmas so I got him and my Sister tickets for the Cardiff game. He’s a vegetarian so when he saw the pie listed in Glaziers pre match, he bought one. Took one small bite and said “something’s not right with that” so put it aside and went back up to order the vege curry. My Sister wasn’t around at the time this happened so also ordered a vegan pie thinking it was the ‘healthy option’. She came back, got stuck into it without thinking about it. Later on that night, she was sick and had the trots. This went on for 3 days and didn’t leave her house! She (and we) put it down to the vegan pie. It was the first time she had been to Selhurst (she’s mid thirties now) with my family since she was at primary school - she’ll probably be an OAP by the time she goes again next after that experience
Old 06-02-2019, 10:57 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
The red and blue should be a £££ for the club. The whole area needs a major refurbishment. It’s only small things but all the canvasss are now faded, not enough chairs and tables for people to sit at.

Imagine if you was to put up a load of decent memorabilia, open it up early on a matchday for the early epl and after for the late epl.
I couldn’t agree more.
There is almost no thought put into the place.
There are a few nice older ladies which have been there for a while but on the whole putting 10K into the place is small potatoes. Even things like coat hooks under the tables running around the outside would be a small start, that would cost under £100 for the whole place.

Why is the cleaning woman running around mopping up and sweeping up rubbish 10 mins before the game starts? What a total waste of staff.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:01 AM
Woah Woah Woah

It’s also never made sense to me why they choose to close the R & B bar half way through the evening game on a Saturday. They should advertise the game being shown there & then stay open for it.

Agreed it could do with a spruce up. It really is a great space - you don’t get many spots like that in stadiums. When you think of what’s been spent on the corporate facilities around the rest of the stadium, it wouldn’t hurt to spend some cash on this - they could then look to utilise it far better on match days.

Last edited by gilesy14; 06-02-2019 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:08 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I was in the red and blue before the Fulham game, only because it was so freezing outside, so I couldn't face standing in the fanzone outdoors (plus there are no toilets in the fanzone and the mens toilets in Sainsburys were closed)

There is a massive screen in the Fanzone, why doesn't it show the early game? West Brom and Swansea's fanzones did this so it cannot be a Sky licensing issue

Agree re the red and blue bar - all the pictures are the original ones Jordan put up in 2001 - they are almost all badly faded (even the one of yours truly!)

Not enough chairs - unless you arrive between 1 and 1.30 no chance of a seat (and yet there is space for more chairs)

Badly located tv screens, so some parts are empty due to lack of chairs and screens.

The 'original' tv's from 2001 above the bars have just been left in situ, despite them not having worked for years.

Crazy woman with mop making the shiny floor wet when it is at its busiest

The red and blue bar should be the best part of the ground, as it actually has plenty of space, unlike most other parts of the ground. Just lacks a refresh really.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 06-02-2019, 11:50 AM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Does anyone have any decent pictures of the Holmesdale Road interior?

Old 06-02-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post

There is a massive screen in the Fanzone, why doesn't it show the early game? West Brom and Swansea's fanzones did this so it cannot be a Sky licensing issue

I spoke to someone about this at the ground and they said that it was a connectivity issue, i.e. at the time they didn't have (or had not thought of how) they were going to connect it to the Sky/BT feed that runs in the stadium.

The red and blue bar should be the best part of the ground, as it actually has plenty of space, unlike most other parts of the ground. Just lacks a refresh really.
It just needs a summers worth of work on it, new paintings, get involved in the South London and Proud campaign. Get some new seating that goes all the way around the walls and then have some longer thinner tables in the middle with padded stool seats. Replace the damn TV's and move them I agree, it is so annoying that you have a congregation of people in the smallest areas trying to look at a tiny screen and then you are left with big open areas and no one stood there.