Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:55 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
I was in the red and blue before the Fulham game, only because it was so freezing outside, so I couldn't face standing in the fanzone outdoors (plus there are no toilets in the fanzone and the mens toilets in Sainsburys were closed)

There is a massive screen in the Fanzone, why doesn't it show the early game? West Brom and Swansea's fanzones did this so it cannot be a Sky licensing issue

Agree re the red and blue bar - all the pictures are the original ones Jordan put up in 2001 - they are almost all badly faded (even the one of yours truly!)

Not enough chairs - unless you arrive between 1 and 1.30 no chance of a seat (and yet there is space for more chairs)

Badly located tv screens, so some parts are empty due to lack of chairs and screens.

The 'original' tv's from 2001 above the bars have just been left in situ, despite them not having worked for years.

Crazy woman with mop making the shiny floor wet when it is at its busiest

The red and blue bar should be the best part of the ground, as it actually has plenty of space, unlike most other parts of the ground. Just lacks a refresh really.
You have your own picture in the R&B bar? Which one DE?
Old 06-02-2019, 12:08 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
There have been complaints about the facilities since Noades times..

Matchday income is such a paltry sum in the whole scheme of things I'm not really surprised it's not exactly cordon bleu

And I must admit to have a bit of compassion for the poor saps behind the jump as they're paid tuppence h'appeny.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:09 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
To be fair the screens above the bar do normally work, or at least most of them do.

What irritates me is when they put Roy's post-match press conference on in a tiny box in the corner of the screen with just below the amount of volume required to hear him.

(I appreciate this isn't solely a R&B bar issue but it's bloody annoying)

The whole catering/service experience in the Holmesdale is a joke. It's so poorly organised with such disinterested staff. I'd love Steve Parish to go on Undercover Boss and spend a few games in there. He'd soon realise how shocking it is.

If anyone from CPFC is reading this, which I'm sure they're not, here are a couple of basic things that would instantly improve the service with absolutely no monetary outlay:

1) Pre-pour 100 pints before half-time. If/when they run out have someone pouring more.
2) Create a sideways queuing system with a rope like they had in Crystals. This stops queue jumpers, means everyone is served fairly and creates a lot more space on the concourse.

It really is that easy.

Last edited by Kirby; 06-02-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:38 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
On this Vegan shit.

My Brother was over from the States over Christmas so I got him and my Sister tickets for the Cardiff game. He’s a vegetarian so when he saw the pie listed in Glaziers pre match, he bought one. Took one small bite and said “something’s not right with that” so put it aside and went back up to order the vege curry. My Sister wasn’t around at the time this happened so also ordered a vegan pie thinking it was the ‘healthy option’. She came back, got stuck into it without thinking about it. Later on that night, she was sick and had the trots. This went on for 3 days and didn’t leave her house! She (and we) put it down to the vegan pie. It was the first time she had been to Selhurst (she’s mid thirties now) with my family since she was at primary school - she’ll probably be an OAP by the time she goes again next after that experience
I think this says more about the standard of hygiene at Selhurst than vegan food
Old 06-02-2019, 12:57 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
You have your own picture in the R&B bar? Which one DE?
It is an old photo, on the wall at the "Blue" bar end - I am on the terrace at the old Middlesbrough ground celebrating like crazy, it was the day we won promotion to the Premier League in 1994. There is another guy going equally crazy next to me in the same photo, who is wearing that 'leisure shirt' with the pattern that looks like someone has puked up some pizza.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 06-02-2019, 01:14 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I think this says more about the standard of hygiene at Selhurst than vegan food

Possibly, but I have to say. I had the chicken curry in the Glaziers that day and it was great, and plentiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
It is an old photo, on the wall at the "Blue" bar end - I am on the terrace at the old Middlesbrough ground celebrating like crazy, it was the day we won promotion to the Premier League in 1994. There is another guy going equally crazy next to me in the same photo, who is wearing that 'leisure shirt' with the pattern that looks like someone has puked up some pizza.

I donít know the picture myself but I certainly remember the game and I know exactly which clothing piece you mean.....as I used to have one . My Dad used to come to Palace wearing the Palace shell suit I think a couple of years prior to that being released .
Old 06-02-2019, 01:29 PM

Norwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNorwich_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Does anyone know why the mini club shop is in the position it is? Would it not be better somewhere along the "entrance/exit" and open that space up to give a proper queuing facility and another temporary pop-up bar?

Personally, I would have the entire back wall as you walk in past the HF Cupboard and Medical room full of temporary bars - one for Carlsberg, one for Palace Ale, one for Cronx, one for Soft Drinks etc. get people as they are coming in and out rather than have everyone pile into the middle of the space.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 06-02-2019, 05:06 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Red n Blue bar does indeed need a bit of a refresh.

Also, not sure if this has been covered but Christ alive, what was going on with the pint cups in the Lower Holmesdale on Saturday?

I had two pints myself and they are leaking beer all over the place. Looking around, various other people were suffering from the same issue.

Absolutely ridiculous.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:21 PM

Mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesyUCLA View Post
The Red n Blue bar does indeed need a bit of a refresh.

Also, not sure if this has been covered but Christ alive, what was going on with the pint cups in the Lower Holmesdale on Saturday?

I had two pints myself and they are leaking beer all over the place. Looking around, various other people were suffering from the same issue.

Absolutely ridiculous.
Yeah, had the same experience, must have been a rogue batch. A pity they don't do the stronger, return-deposit ones like at the Oval, but this would probably need extra staff as well.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:31 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post

1) Pre-pour 100 pints before half-time. If/when they run out have someone pouring more.

It really is that easy.
Can someone/anyone suggest this to the club????

All the away grounds do this.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:01 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Thats the rub, being over 35, I still like handing over the hard earned..

I've probably done swiperooney, about 10 times in my life ever

Boxpark being one as their twatty bar is cashless
I refused to get a drink in there for that reason, I would rather go without.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:09 PM
Maybe Itís Maybelline?

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
I've arrived at Selhurst before just at the turnstiles open and honestly you get losers running to the red and blue bar to ensure they can bag their "usual seats". Pathetic.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:22 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Itís also never made sense to me why they choose to close the R & B bar half way through the evening game on a Saturday. They should advertise the game being shown there & then stay open for it.

Agreed it could do with a spruce up. It really is a great space - you donít get many spots like that in stadiums. When you think of whatís been spent on the corporate facilities around the rest of the stadium, it wouldnít hurt to spend some cash on this - they could then look to utilise it far better on match days.
I think the reason they shut it so early is that there's not enough fans buying drinks, and in turn this then puts people off. To break the catch 22 the club not only need to refurb the place but also do deals on drinks.

I've always thought something like a Palace quiz would attract quite a few fans, wouldn't fancy my chances against Dorking or CP Satellite though.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:34 PM

Salad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is here
The problem with the red n blue bar is its colour. I know we're supposed to be sentimental about it but red, especially, is the colour recommended by business interior design experts to food outlets, especially Macdonald's, for its repulsive quality. The idea being that customers are made to feel uncomfortable by it and leave the restaurant earlier so the turn-around in customers is greater. No-one practices this idea anymore except - unwittingly, you'd hope - the red n blue bar.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:26 AM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
You guys moaning about the red and blue bar, the Arthur is only slightly more comfortable than a prison. It is so so so shit and we all just put up with it. Please just put antibacterial gel in the toilets so we don't have to share a stand with 4000 who haven't been able to wash their hands.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:27 AM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
I think us long term season ticket holders in the Arthur should be calling the club out on conditions in there at the same of this season , it's unsafe and unpleasant.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:55 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Not hijacking, but agree with Alan Lee, it's not fit for purpose, trouble is, with Park Road right behind it, there's little room for manoeuvre..

The problem being that as it doesn't have a lounge or isn't "corporate" it's probably the least of their priorities.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:22 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
All the awful advertising around the scenes in the R&B surely must bring in enough revenue to give the place a spruce up.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:31 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Not hijacking, but agree with Alan Lee, it's not fit for purpose, trouble is, with Park Road right behind it, there's little room for manoeuvre..

The problem being that as it doesn't have a lounge or isn't "corporate" it's probably the least of their priorities.
I know you are right about priorities (mere fans) but it's overly crowded and unsafe at times. The crowd themselves sort it out fine generally but what if there was some sort of incident? You have a big old stand where most of the crowd can barely get refreshments (important part of the day for kids) or visit the bog without crowd surfing or getting feet soaked in piss at times.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:37 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Agree with all the above re the AW - it's not fit for purpose and half time is pure bedlam. Accident waiting to happen.