Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOM?
Guaita 5 0.77%
Wan-Bissaka 113 17.30%
Tomkins 23 3.52%
Sakho 197 30.17%
van Aanholt 2 0.31%
McArthur 5 0.77%
Schlupp *** 53 8.12%
Milivojevic 6 0.92%
Townsend 22 3.37%
Ayew ** 152 23.28%
Benteke * 55 8.42%
Sako *** 5 0.77%
Batshuayi ** 11 1.68%
Meyer * 4 0.61%
Voters: 653. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2019, 10:50 AM

PalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceRichard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Sorry that is BS. Shlupp or no one else except PvA is responsible for his constant passing the ball to the opposition when under no pressure. He has been doing it for most of this season and is becoming a real liability. Shlupp or Ward should replace him imo.
What I meant was that he was left 2 on 1 too often on that side, not necessarily anything to do with his passing.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:19 AM
Lost in space

oldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
IMVHO I thought Ayew played the same as he has all season but is getting lauded for yesterdays performance whilst previously derided for the same.
Schlupp though according to some cannot do anything right whilst little or no criticism levelled at McArthur who gave the ball back to Fulham too often.
Re PVA agree with general consensus he had a poor game (again?) but he has held his hand up on Instagram and 'confessed' so he is aware of the performance improvement required from him.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:29 AM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
If Fulham go down, there will be a long queue wanting Rico.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:06 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Guaita 7 No shots to save. Kicking from goal kicks seemed a little short at times.

Wan Bissaka 8 Made some superb tackles. Received a booking. He got forward well. I would like to see him work on running past players.
Tomkins 7 One error led to a great chance for Mitrovic. Had a header which went over and should've hit the target. Otherwise a good overall game. Helping restrict Fulham.
Sakho 8 Should've scored a chance in the 2nd half from a header. Superb double tackle near the end, which led to our second goal. Helped restrict Fulham.
Van Aanholt 7 Poor passing on a lot of occasions. Should've continued on a forward run in the 2nd half, but crossed to a Fulham player. However, I think it was his cross which Sakho should've scored from. He also did a lovely through ball to Schlupp who had a shot blocked by a Fulham player in the 2nd half.

Townsend 7 Lovely cross to Benteke led to his effort against the crossbar. His pass to Batashuyai led to goal 2. Usual fantastic work rate.
McArthur 7 Lost the ball more than usual. Cross led to the penalty. Won a lot of tackles.
Milivojevic 7 Scored the penalty. Put in some decent crosses from corners.
Schlupp 8 Scored goal 2. Had another effort going in blocked by a Fulham player. Playing out of position and did really well.

Ayew 7 Shot well saved 2nd half. Good decision making and made the right runs and passes. Silly booking picked up early on. Worked hard.
Benteke 7 Amazing effort off the bar. Won everything in the air. Made the right decision as to when to head the ball or bring down on his chest. A good focal point.

Subs:
Meyer 6 Added to our midfield and added some much needed better passing.
Batashuyai 7 Essentially made goal 2 with superb skill. Looked lively straight away.
Sako 6 Not on for long but got on the ball for a few runs down the wing.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:11 PM

Pete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is here
We were good defensively, Fulham only had one decent chance.

We missed Zaha but still played well. Can’t wait to see Zaha and Batshuayi in the same side. I wonder how room can be made for Benteke alongside these two since I think they’d benefit from his presence.

I think of it as a new start for Benteke. It’s a chance for him to put the last season behind him. He looked sharp and made it hard for the Fulham CB’s. He’s a menace at corners and generally occupies the defence in a way we have badly missed.
I thought Meyer did well when he came on, I’d like to see more of him at the expense of either McArthur, Schlupp or Kouyate.

I enjoyed seeing McArthur’s Zaha impression in the 2nd half. He looked good until he almost fell over the ball. I also liked how pleased Sako was to be back, he made a point of giving everyone a bit of a clap, particularly the HF, who’d earned his tong in cheek worship at the end.

There’s a lot to play for this season. This is the best PL squad we’ve ever had. Top 10 isn’t out of question, we’ve got Brighton at home and have a great opportunity in the cup.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:12 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post

We missed Zaha but still played well. Cant wait to see Zaha and Batshuayi in the same side. I wonder how room can be made for Benteke alongside these two since I think theyd benefit from his presence.

I think of it as a new start for Benteke. Its a chance for him to put the last season behind him. He looked sharp and made it hard for the Fulham CBs. Hes a menace at corners and generally occupies the defence in a way we have badly missed.
I thought Meyer did well when he came on, Id like to see more of him at the expense of either McArthur, Schlupp or Kouyate.

I enjoyed seeing McArthurs Zaha impression in the 2nd half. He looked good until he almost fell over the ball. I also liked how pleased Sako was to be back, he made a point of giving everyone a bit of a clap, particularly the HF, whod earned his tong in cheek worship at the end.

Theres a lot to play for this season. This is the best PL squad weve ever had. Top 10 isnt out of question, weve got Brighton at home and have a great opportunity in the cup.

Old 03-02-2019, 12:19 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

We missed Zaha but still played well. Cant wait to see Zaha and Batshuayi in the same side. I wonder how room can be made for Benteke alongside these two since I think theyd benefit from his presence.

I think of it as a new start for Benteke. Its a chance for him to put the last season behind him. He looked sharp and made it hard for the Fulham CBs. Hes a menace at corners and generally occupies the defence in a way we have badly missed.
I thought Meyer did well when he came on, Id like to see more of him at the expense of either McArthur, Schlupp or Kouyate.

I enjoyed seeing McArthurs Zaha impression in the 2nd half. He looked good until he almost fell over the ball. I also liked how pleased Sako was to be back, he made a point of giving everyone a bit of a clap, particularly the HF, whod earned his tong in cheek worship at the end.

Theres a lot to play for this season. This is the best PL squad weve ever had. Top 10 isnt out of question, weve got Brighton at home and have a great opportunity in the cup.
Spot on.

We've had worse seasons.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:30 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Sakho motm for me with a special mention for Schlupp and Ayew. Thought they both had their best games for us so far.
It's Van Aanholt who's the worry for me. He's been consistently piss poor all season.
That is a very accurate assessment that is hard to disagree with. However as for MoM i would go with AWB instead who i thought was solid for mostly the whole game, whereas i felt Sakho was a bit shaky early on but in the last 20 minutes came to our rescue on a few occassions.
In a strange way this game was a comfortable walk in the park for us, mainly as Fulham looked inept and very seldom threatend but yet controlled 68% possession, weird. They really do look a team that lacks self belief and unfortunately if you are a Fulham fan Raneiri does not look to have the answers to turn it around, a pity as i would like to have seen them by having shown ambition in the transfer market stay up but its looking unlikely.
What this should tell a lot of the Roy Hodgson doubters within our fan base is just what a good job he has done in the past TWO seasons under very difficult circumstances and finally give him the credit he fully deserves.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:32 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
One of the most boring, low quality games I've seen in ages.

Dull.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:50 PM

Hazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betrayHazbaz is like ice, their footing does betray
Seeing Benteke yesterday I think him not playing has been part of Wilf’s dip in form. Hopefully we can take a breath and start looking up the table instead of over our shoulders
Old 03-02-2019, 12:50 PM
Seor Coconut

Neil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:

Batshuayi will replace Benteke not Zaha. I can see benteke coming on as battering ram in the final 5 mins when we are chasing games. Unfortunately he's an expensive battering ram.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:53 PM

ianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We have a great squad with quality cover in all positions.
Time to push on.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:55 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
Batshuayi will replace Benteke not Zaha. I can see benteke coming on as battering ram in the final 5 mins when we are chasing games. Unfortunately he's an expensive battering ram.
Yo think?

Batashuyi certainly isn't an outright centre forward like Benteke or Wickham. Playing him on his own up front would be dumb

Like Ayew, he needs to play off a central striker
Old 03-02-2019, 01:23 PM

lucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not often i give a match analysis but here goes from the back.
Guaita......excellent. i always defended Hennessey but this is an upgrade 7 /10
Sakho.... sitting inntge Sainsburys end could you really watch him up close second half and was first to most things cutting out crosses defended well and no stupid error. Yet again missed a great chance other end. 6.5/10.
Tomkins played well despite a snot rag up his nose 7/10.
AWB.....sublime our best player 8/10 ( haircut needs to be upgraded to the full pinapple)
PVA....good but gave the ball away too many times and caused much anxiety a few rows back from me. 6/10
Luka is Luka ...what a great player al round super hero in a subtle way 7/10. No nonsense haircut.
MACCA.....lively hardworking 6/10
Schlupp...im not his biggest fan ..thought he was pants vs Spurs in the cup but had a much better game today...good link up and penetration and there for the second goal. Please play like that every week...7/10 needs a pinapple.
Andros...again workmanlike performance not many chances 6/10.haircut needs some attention.
Ayew ...best ive seen him play tbh 7/10
Benteke......we play so much better with a striker. Beautiful overhead kick..unlucky.7/10.

Subs: Batman .....lively and effective great turn and shot for our second.7/10....superb haircut with added colour.
Sako....ok but im glad hes back. 6/10.
Meyer...again ok but lacks something 5/10

To conclude we play much better as a team with a proper striker who holds the ball up well and brings others into the game. This was apparent when Wickham started against Spurs. As a result Ayew playing off the main striker is far more effective and we look to have better shape and look likely to score more goals.

I am still haunted by the Southampton game. Im usually less emotional but that ref was a disgrace.

As with Roy he likes to drill the players so i think it will be a few weeks till we see Batman start. Sako will remain an impact player but suspect they both start our next cup game.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:26 PM

Night Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thought we were great but did notice a lot of wayward passes and unforced errors particularly by Macca.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:28 PM
Seor Coconut

Neil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betrayNeil 154 is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Yo think?

Batashuyi certainly isn't an outright centre forward like Benteke or Wickham. Playing him on his own up front would be dumb

Like Ayew, he needs to play off a central striker
Batshuayi played on his own upfront for 15mins yesterday and was better than both Ayew and Benteke.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:30 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazbaz View Post
Seeing Benteke yesterday I think him not playing has been part of Wilfs dip in form. Hopefully we can take a breath and start looking up the table instead of over our shoulders
Completely agree and have been saying it for ages. For all his faults and poor finishing, Benteke occupies defenders. He can hold the ball up and helps make space for Wilf.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:30 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
I forgot to mention this was PVAs worst performance ive seen in quite some time, just handed them back the ball so many times.
Defensively compare him to AWB

We barely let anyone cross from the left, because AWB just stops them 95% of the time

On the right PVA just lets them cross the ball nearly every time, making little attempt to close down or win the ball
Old 03-02-2019, 01:32 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Defensively compare him to AWB

We barely let anyone cross from the left, because AWB just stops them 95% of the time

On the right PVA just lets them cross the ball nearly every time, making little attempt to close down or win the ball
You are right in general although Fulham's big chance came from a cross down our right which AWB didn't cut out.

PVA said on twitter he didn't have a good game yesterday so at least he is aware of it.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:34 PM
Zuffenhausen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
Batshuayi played on his own upfront for 15mins yesterday and was better than both Ayew and Benteke.
That is completely untrue, both Benteke and Ayew who were both very good

He made the second goal with an excellent piece of skill, but between his arrival and that moment he didn't even touch the ball, he was mainly chasing shadows in an attempt to get in the game