Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 08-02-2019, 04:06 PM
Swollen Member

Twilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwilko came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by out vile jelly View Post
Amazing how much players' stock can change. A couple of years ago the idea that there could be dispute over which of Dann and Kelly was better would have been laughable. I guess Dann is older so might have aged more in the time since he was last in the first team. But surely he is still a class above...
Kelly filled in very well for Tomkins recently and some were arguing he should have retained his place in the next game even when Tomkins was back. That may have been madness of course, but Kelly is certainly in contention with Tomkins out again. I'd go with Dann personally, but Kelly is more than capable at centre back (just don't mention left back).
Old 08-02-2019, 04:32 PM
Wash n' gone

Thin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Guiata

AWB
Kelly
Sakho
PVA

Zaha
Luka
Mac
Schlupp
Townsend

Benteke
Old 08-02-2019, 04:32 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
-------------------------Guaita--------------------------
AWB----------Dann-----------------Sakho----------PVA
Townsend----Milivojevic-----------McArthur-------Zaha
---------------Batshuayi------------Benteke-------------

Subs:

Hennessey
Ward
Kelly
Schlupp
Meyer
Sako
Ayew

That's what I would go with, but that's just me.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:36 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by out vile jelly View Post
Amazing how much players' stock can change. A couple of years ago the idea that there could be dispute over which of Dann and Kelly was better would have been laughable. I guess Dann is older so might have aged more in the time since he was last in the first team. But surely he is still a class above...
Kelly has done well, but Dann was ahead of Tomkins under Roy last season. He's also a threat in both boxes and used to be the skipper. It's close, but I will be amazed if it's not Scott Dann starting.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:35 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post

Subs:

Hennessey
Ward
Kelly
Schlupp
Meyer
Sako
Ayew

Personally think that midfield gets completely overrun. If it’s two men, only Luka and Kouyate works imo. With Kouyate injured, need Schlupp or Meyer in the team to help out Luka and Macca, probably in for Benteke.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:37 PM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post

Subs:

Hennessey
Ward
Kelly
Schlupp
Meyer
Sako
Ayew

Like this. Just think Ayew will start before Bats.
Old 08-02-2019, 07:40 PM
A Different Gravy

cooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think with Tompkins and Kouyate injury news and the availability of Wilf, it helps polarise some of the options that Roy has to make.

We maybe need to also take into account his cautious nature (probably rightly so in this case as this lot just drew with the joint leaders and probably should have beaten them).

Factor in Roy's comments in his post match Fulham (particularly heaping praise on Schlupp and Ayew) and pre match for tomorrow (talking about the right replacement between Dann and Kelly for Tompkins); one might be a more accomplished CB but which one would be better suited to work with Sakho to counter balance Arnoutovic and Antonio's physicality (and possibly Carol's off the bench later on ?) with Anderson's undoubted champions league quality; Declan Rice's control and the other attacking option of Hernandez there is plenty to ponder - of course a lot depends on which West Ham turns up - lets hope its the one that got smashed at Wimbledon...

Thinking this all through - i think Roy will keep things as tight across the midfield as much as he can and look to stretch the game on the break when appropriate; i'm tempted to think theirs a place for Ayew and Wilf in the starting line up whilst Benteke will at least start (but not finish the match with Batman having a replacement role), looking at the opposition, something tells me Martin Kelly will get the nod over Scott Dan, so i think we might start as a line up:

Guiata
AWB - Kelly - Sakho - PVA
Townsend - Luka - McArthur - Zaha
Benteke - Ayew

Subs:
Schlupp
Dann
Batman
Hennessey
Sako
Ward
Meyer

I think Roy will want Wilfs creativity in from the beginning so its a straight swap with Schlupp in terms positions; although i think their role will change dependant on how West ham set up - it does mean that the midfield may have to work a lot harder than last week and i wouldn't be surprised if Ayew got deployed between the lines with a midfield 5 at times (he certainly seems to have the energy levels to do this) and Benteke playing up front seemingly on his own. Its very hard on Schlupp to be dropped but if you take his goal out of last weeks performance both he and PVA were consistently giving the ball away and against the better teams (and they are mostly all better than Fulham); we simply cannot afford to do this...

I think if there is 1 goal in it coming into the closing third; we are very likely to see some changes (and fireworks) from those on the bench...

P.S. not sure on Wickhams recovery from latest injury but assuming the above striking options stay fit i can only see him getting loaned out to a championship club where hopefully he will get a run of games and regain some confidence and stamina - there is an excellent striker within that boy...
Old 08-02-2019, 07:48 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
I really don't see the logic in playing Ayew further forward than Wilf. You're giving Wilf more defensive responsibility while giving Ayew the job of taking on defenders and creating chances.

Werner Herzog
Old 08-02-2019, 07:59 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Online West Shite supporters doing their crusts over Wilf being eligible to play. The tenants of the Taxpayers stadium calling others cheats. Priceless. They're less than complimentary about Wilf. I hope he rips them a new one.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:05 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Guiata

AWB-Dann-Sakho-PVA

Townsend-Mcarthur-Luka-Schlupp-Zaha

Benteke

Subs:

Hennessey
Ward
Kelly
Meyer
Sako
Ayew
Batshuyai

This will be the most likely team I believe.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:08 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
No way does Ayew start in front of Benteke or Bats. No way
Old 08-02-2019, 08:08 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgerseagles View Post
Based on his last couple of performances it would be harsh on Ayew to be dropped - the amount of ball he nicked off the Fulham defence was incredible and two of their defenders got booked trying to take him down when he had robbed them.

I think RH has a great selection choice tomorrow - what a nice problem to have
Does he look even look he'll score?. Why is never in the box.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:14 PM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
Yep it is odd. It's partly Dann's age and the injury I guess. Sometimes CB is as much about the partnership as individual quality, and Sakho and Kelly have shown they can play together.
Absolutely. Kelly is a Right Centre Back whereas Dann is a Left Centre Back, thrrefore Kelly is cover for Tomkins and Dann for Sakho.

There is not much to choose between Kelly and Dann when fit, but Kelly has filled in perfectly as RCB in Tomkins absence and moreover in partnership with Sakho, so it has to be Kelly patnering Sakho as far as I am concerned as that causes minimum disruption to the back 4.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:19 PM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
But maybe in front of Wilf if Roy wants to teach, or make sure, Zaha learns the lesson from his petulance at Soton ?

I am not in favour but would not be surprised if Roy were to do this. He is very loyal to a winning team.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:38 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PemboExpress View Post
Absolutely. Kelly is a Right Centre Back whereas Dann is a Left Centre Back, thrrefore Kelly is cover for Tomkins and Dann for Sakho.

There is not much to choose between Kelly and Dann when fit, but Kelly has filled in perfectly as RCB in Tomkins absence and moreover in partnership with Sakho, so it has to be Kelly patnering Sakho as far as I am concerned as that causes minimum disruption to the back 4.
You're right about the side they've played on generally, but it was Dann who came on for Tomkins when he took a knock against Southampton.

Werner Herzog
Old 08-02-2019, 10:32 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Absolutely. Total madness to start Ayew over them. He’s had two good games all season and is toothless in front of goal. I thought he played well last week but he’s not in Batshuayi’s class.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:43 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Mishy is on another level to dross like Ayew. It'll be a travesty if we don't start him. He's that good he just has to play !
Old 08-02-2019, 10:45 PM

rambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
Based on the team news:

Guiata
AWB - Kelly - Sakho - PVA
Townsend - Luka - McArthur - Schlupp
Batshuayi - Zaha

-----------Guaita-----------
AwB--Kelly/Dann--Sakho--PvA
McArthur----Luka-----Schlupp
Townsend---Batshuayi---Zaha
Old 08-02-2019, 10:46 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
Mishy is on another level to dross like Ayew. It'll be a travesty if we don't start him. He's that good he just has to play !

I don't think it's helpful or right to describe any of our players as "dross".
Old 08-02-2019, 10:48 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm actually fine with Beneteke starting, and Batshuayi as sub. But I think I will cry if Ayew starts. Nothing against the guy. He's okay in another role.