Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-02-2019, 02:51 PM

ForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace43 View Post
Obvious itís very dependent on whoís available, but I see our strongest line up, with everyone available as this:

Guaita
Wan Bissaka - Tomkins - Sakho - van Aanholt
Townsend - Milivojevic - Kouyate - Zaha
Batshuayi - Benteke

Hennessey, Kelly, Schlupp, McArthur, Meyer, Sako, Ayew
Have we ever had a stronger squad of 18? - struggling to think of one, in 60+ years of support.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:55 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
You can't leave out Townsend
Oh my god I did

Youíre right! Hahaha

NOT intentional

Iíll think again

Old 03-02-2019, 02:56 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl6 Eagle View Post
People picking Ayew over Zaha is laughable.
Think thatís if he gets a further ban this week
Old 03-02-2019, 02:57 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Interesting that no one so far is asking for Meyer to start. Personally don't think he's done enough yet to warrant it. 4-4-2 with Big Ben and Michy up top and Ayew or Schlupp on the left until wilf is back. Or just the same starting team as yesterday with Michy to come on again
Old 03-02-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Interesting that no one so far is asking for Meyer to start. Personally don't think he's done enough yet to warrant it. 4-4-2 with Big Ben and Michy up top and Ayew or Schlupp on the left until wilf is back. Or just the same starting team as yesterday with Michy to come on again
I prefer 442 if all (wilf and kouyate) available with both Meyer and schlupp on the bench. but 433 if both missing

That meant Meyer in over schlupp who had a good game. Some of it now typically being overstated on the bbs. He had a good game, especially going forward but still left Pva totally exposed at times and if not for some woeful crossing from Fulham could have cost us.

Whilst max hasn’t excelled yet and I’d still play jimmy over Meyer, meyer does do more defensive work than schlupp however and in the absence of kouyate is ahead of him in a 3 man midfield

Last edited by bigend1; 03-02-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:02 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
Guaita
AWB Tomkins Sakho PvA
Milivojevic
Townsend Wickham Batshuayi Benteke Ayew

"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 03-02-2019, 03:03 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace43 View Post
Obvious itís very dependent on whoís available, but I see our strongest line up, with everyone available as this:

Guaita
Wan Bissaka - Tomkins - Sakho - van Aanholt
Townsend - Milivojevic - Kouyate - Zaha
Batshuayi - Benteke

Hennessey, Kelly, Schlupp, McArthur, Meyer, Sako, Ayew

This first 18 is very harsh on a lot of players, I donít think Roy will line up this way. But I see it as our best team.

Ayew probably doesnít deserve to be dropped, but Bats and Benteke will rip defenses in half. Harsh on McArthur, but Kouyate and Milivojevic work so well together. Harsh on Schlupp, but Wilf is on a different platform. Harsh on Dann, but we need space on the bench, we donít need 2 centre halfís, and Kelly and Schlupp are so versatile.

I imagine if Kouyate is still injured then McArthur will play, and if Zaha is still banned then Schlupp will be in. Also, I have a funny feeling Roy wonít drop Ayew just yet.
Exciting team. I fear we would be overrun in central midfield unless bat could drop into the hole and defend when we donít have possession. Similarly wilf is prone to defensive lapses and we might be exposed down our left. Maybe Iím being too negative and not hung ho enough?
Old 03-02-2019, 03:08 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I canít remember a time when we had so much quality options, especially in the forward position now.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:29 PM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
There is no way that Roy will change the team and rightly so, there is an arguement to say we could drop PVA who has been poor for a few games now and push Schlupp in at LB, but why would we do that and change what has been a very dependable defence. Midfield also as good as picks itself, it is upfront where question marks will be asked like does CB or CW start to lead the line or will it be Batshuayi? for me even after his impressive intro he should Not be starting this one so as to ease him in, but used as an impact one brought on after 60 minutes, then starting the following game alongside Benteke.
Depending on fitness and bans this would be my starting lineup.

---------------------------------------Guaita---------------------------------------------

---------AWB--------------Tomkins---------------Sakho-------------PVA-----------------

-------Townsend-------------Luka---------Kouyate/McArthur----------Schlupp------------

----------------------------------------Ayew-------------------------------------------

---------------------------------Benteke--------------------------------------
Concur and how i and think roy sees it.
Ayew couldnt have done much more in his effort yesterday to get another go. His place though for much of the rest of the season and suggest he will be just an impact player if other forwards remain fit and firing.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:48 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
--------------guaita---------------
awb---tomkins----sakho----pva
----------------luka---------------
townsend-mcarthur-meyer-zaha
--------------batshuayi-----------

it wont be this though
Old 03-02-2019, 04:15 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Batshuayi is not a target man though. Don't think he's much good with his head from a leading the line POV. I suspect if we play him in a 442 it'll be alongside Benteke or Wickham. Most of the time will see us use a 433. With one of Wickham, CB, Bats fighting for that one position and Wilf, Andros, Jordan and Bakary 'fighting' for the other two positions. I suspect Roy will be ultra cautious with Conner and CB until they've done his mental equivalent of a preseason.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:42 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
guaita

Awb Tomkins sakho pva

Luka kouyate

Andros Meyer zaha

Batshuayi
Old 03-02-2019, 04:54 PM
Wash n' gone

Thin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThin on Top : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
guaita

Awb Tomkins sakho pva

Luka kouyate

Andros Meyer zaha

Batshuayi

This, with Schlupp for Meyer
Old 03-02-2019, 05:01 PM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I canít remember a time when we had so much quality options, especially in the forward position now.
Too many options Parish out
Old 03-02-2019, 05:05 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Don't think Roy will drop Ayew
Old 03-02-2019, 05:22 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleinsussex View Post
All of a sudden we seem to have a lot of options ! Hopefully a fun end to the season for a change and a nice cup run

I think the next two games (West Ham and Leicester) could define the rest of our season. Lose them and then we have Man U up next and are right back in it again. Win them both and we are then looking up the table and should be in amongst the likes of Brighton, Bournemouth, Watford, West Ham, Everton and Leicester in that mid table mini-league.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:31 PM
looking to curl one!!!!

Dingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Would love to see something like this. It's very attacking but we're at home and I love to see us take the game to West Ham.

Guaita

AWB - Tomkins - Sakho - PVA

Meyer - Luka

Townsend - Benteke - Zaha

Michi
Old 03-02-2019, 05:50 PM
Glazed All Over

CriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCriticalEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Guaita
AWB Tomkins Sakho PVA
AT Luka Meyer Zaha
Benteke Bats

Henn, Ward, Dann, Schlupp, Mac, Ayew, Wickam
Old 03-02-2019, 06:00 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Im surprised anyone thinks any starting 11other than yesterday's will take to field on Saturday. Even if Kouyate is fit. Unless We have a new manager
Old 03-02-2019, 06:09 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Not starting Batshuayi would be an act of self harm. Why wouldn’t you when he’s that good...