Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Who would you sell first, Zaha or AWB?
Zaha 119 34.39%
AWB 96 27.75%
F--k off Andy you tw@t, neither will be sold...ever! 131 37.86%
Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2019, 08:54 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Poll - Zaha or AWB - which one would you sell first if we had to?

I don't think it's anything of a surprise that Wilf and Aaron are already being linked with big money moves this summer. Lots of people are saying that this summer could be the summer that we have to have a restructure and possibly our two biggest valued players could be the one/s that have to move on to fund the restructure.

If we had to lose one, which one would you prefer to move on first and why?

Pros and negatives with both.

Wilf - Unbelievable player on his day and possibly very few better in the PL when he's on form. He's 26 now so getting to his prime. However, he has been extremely inconsistent this year, but that could be the various positions he's played in to juggle our lack of forward options. I think he would command more money but of course, we would have to hand over a wedge over to MUFC. Would hate to see 'our talisman' go personally.

AWB - My God, what a player. He's come in like he's a near on 30 year old playing in this league for over a decade. Potentially the best full back we have had, certainly in my 30 years of supporting and going to Palace. Full England call is surely just round the corner and will be a regular for many years to come if he continues as he's doing. Very few have had the better of him. I could definitely see him playing for one of the 'big boys', not that I'd want him to go there. Probably wouldn't command as much as Wilf as he's still very raw at this level but then he's 5 years younger than Wilf with probably a decade of football ahead of him at the top level.

Last edited by andyocpfc; 05-02-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:05 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
I voted the third option.

At this stage, though, I'd probably say Wilf. We've been lucky to have him in a Palace shirt for as long as we have. If AWB left this summer he would have played fewer than 50 games for us - far too short a Palace career.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 05-02-2019, 09:06 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Would depend on the deal and money offered of course.

But it is probably easier to find a decent right back than a creative player of Wilf's ability. Also we would lose some of Wilf's fee because of the sell-on.

Obviously AWB is younger so has more value to us in that sense but I think we are more likely to get a deal that makes sense for us for him.

Obviously it would be lovely to keep them both.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 05-02-2019 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:10 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
If AWB continues as right back then him if we have to make big money to reinvest . If he was to move into midfield it might be a tougher choice .
Wilf can fire us to Europa or a cup, especially if we have a goal scoring forward or two .

Keep both though ideally and add

Last edited by aj4england; 05-02-2019 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:13 AM

IronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIronMaidenCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Think if AWB plays this way for 1 more season under us we can sell for double and have a very nice Sell on fee, if i had to choose it would be Zaha (Dortmund or somewhere abroad preferably) takes the wage down but the only downside would be A: Giving Man U a percentage of the sale and B: finding quality to be a reasonable replacement
Old 05-02-2019, 09:16 AM

Gray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGray Greasley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I would sell WILF,as a manager,I would always strengthen from the back,a move for WILF would benefit his career,the fella deserves to win trophies,not battle relegation for the rest of his career.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:18 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
AWB

I'd rather sell Wilf but it is easier to find a right back, even Joel can still do it, than it is to find a Wilf.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 05-02-2019, 09:40 AM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Tis a shame but if we were offered top dollar we'd have to sell the full back. Front players keep you up ( for example)full backs don't. Said the same on selling Clyne and we went up 5 minutes later. Zaha should never be sold under almost any circumstances, very simple.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:58 AM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Zaha and Sakho got in Big Sam's best XI ever managed (clubs) as just announced on the wireless this morning.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:59 AM

HurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
AWB

I'd rather sell Wilf but it is easier to find a right back, even Joel can still do it, than it is to find a Wilf.
I voted AWB for this reason.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:00 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Zaha for the sole reason we'll get more money for him. We keep AWB a bit longer, his value soars and we get more for him later down the line.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 05-02-2019, 10:02 AM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is here
Zaha might just decide to stay for years. If AWB keeps his current form I'd say we have 2 years maximum with him. I'd sooner keep Zaha
Old 05-02-2019, 10:05 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Zaha for the sole reason we'll get more money for him. We keep AWB a bit longer, his value soars and we get more for him later down the line.
Do you think we would get more money for him? Right now I think AWB is maybe the hotter property and we have to pay part of Wilf's fee to Man United too.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:14 AM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
AWB..easier to replace a right back.
29/05/04 Crystal Palace West Ham 1-0
28/02/04 Crystal Palace Gillingham 1-0
02/02/02 Sheffield W Crystal Palace 1-3
02/10/99 Crystal Palace Portsmouth 4-0
Old 05-02-2019, 10:16 AM
red and blue army

PalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wilf is irreplaceable, right backs are easier to find and even JW can still perform well as he did against Spurs. if we could sell AWB for a large fee and then use the money to get the striker we are desperate for then i'd do it.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:18 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
You must be forgetting the sell on fee...

Clinton Morrison.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:36 AM
Banned by Moderators

usaythatuloveme : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineusaythatuloveme : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineusaythatuloveme : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineusaythatuloveme : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineusaythatuloveme : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineusaythatuloveme : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineusaythatuloveme : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineusaythatuloveme : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineusaythatuloveme : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineusaythatuloveme : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineusaythatuloveme : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
in my opinion Zaha for sure, Wan Bissaka will become the best right back in the world, no doubt in my mind. Zaha is a very very good player, and we are privileged to have him, but he's not in the same class of player imo.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:51 AM

westsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Zaha everytime.
We will get more money even with the sell on fee and there is the reduction in wages to consider.
The point made earlier about AWB's value rising is valid and I don't think RB's of his class are as easy to find as some people think.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:02 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Interestingly, nearly a third of the votes think I'm a twat.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:10 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
I voted Zaha. I think AWB needs another season (or two) under his belt before moving on, as he is destined for greatness and needs games under his belt. If he moves on to quickly he risks becoming a squad player will little game time and he will go backwards and will join the list of promising talent that ended up never achieving what their talent suggested they should have. Zaha deserves to go to the next level, and as unhappy I will be to see him leave, this summer is the right time for him to move on.