Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Did my standing order work? It is leaving my account...

The BBS is one of my main pleasures, warts and all. Long may it continue
Old 12-02-2019, 02:06 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH View Post
Even if sent to family and friends and not for services?
That's how I sent it.
Yours arrived in full
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:10 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Did my standing order work? It is leaving my account...

The BBS is one of my main pleasures, warts and all. Long may it continue
Thanks Dave
Old 12-02-2019, 06:39 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
ps. There are old some bank account details published somewhere in the bowels on the BBS. Those are out of date and will be removed when I work out which button to press, so if by chance you come across them please don’t use them.
I set up a direct debit a few years ago (I give a lot to charity but don't like to talk about it). Does this mean I need to set up one of them PayPals instead?
Old 12-02-2019, 06:48 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I set up a direct debit a few years ago (I give a lot to charity but don't like to talk about it). Does this mean I need to set up one of them PayPals instead?
Nope. HSBC switched us to a new bank account about a year or so ago and shifted all the existing standing orders over at the same time. So they all still work.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:22 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Whats the easiest way to do this with foreign currency?

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 12-02-2019, 07:26 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgins View Post
I just did it with PayPal (if you have an account). Easy to set up if not.

It even asks you what currency you want to sent, so for example 10 UKP would be about $13.00 - it works it all out for you.

If you want to do a one time donation make the recipient contributions@cpfc.org as Alderhorst suggest.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:26 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Is there anyone here that could help with the hosting, which could dramatically reduce the overheads ?
Old 12-02-2019, 07:30 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgins View Post
Oh, and Ray... keep it under $10,000... or you will get a knock on your door from men in black suits and wearing sunglasses if you don't.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:30 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Please confirm: Are old standing orders going to the right place? Those from the first round of fundraising by James how ever many years ago???
Old 12-02-2019, 09:39 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDirewolf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Subscription set up
Old 12-02-2019, 09:39 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Tell me how to contribute...and I will.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:43 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crofty View Post
Tell me how to contribute...and I will.
For PayPal either click on this link (To view the link you have to Register or Login) which will take you to a subscription set up for PayPal, or simply log into PayPal and either set up a monthly subscription or send a one off contribution to contributions@cpfc.org.

Old 12-02-2019, 09:44 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Please confirm: Are old standing orders going to the right place? Those from the first round of fundraising by James how ever many years ago???
Yours is still active. I can see it back in 2010 and it was migrated over to the new account a year or so ago.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:50 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yours is still active. I can see it back in 2010 and it was migrated over to the new account a year or so ago.
Good egg Every little helps
Old 12-02-2019, 09:55 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Is there anyone here that could help with the hosting, which could dramatically reduce the overheads ?
Rickyb? Oh...
Old 12-02-2019, 09:58 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Can you send me the bank account details please?

Surprisingly I have managed to get through life without using PayPal and surprisingly I have never set up a standing order. Quite how I have managed this god knows. If I **** it up at least you will know the thought was there while some random receives a monthly freebie.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:58 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Rickyb? Oh...
Actually iirc he did set it up
Old 12-02-2019, 10:04 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Done
Old 12-02-2019, 10:07 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Everyone

As you may have noticed the BBS is advert free to members, and subscription free. The only reason we have been able to operate like that is because of the unique way the BBS is funded, being the generous contributions of members to the running costs of this site.

As a result of a significant increase in our hosting costs, recently we have been spending quite a bit more each month than we currently collect, and the BBS is now running at a fairly considerable loss (over a grand a year). We have burned through all our existing cash balances (and some) so to date this loss has been met by one of two very generous individuals. Unfortunately that support is going to come to an end and consequently we need to raise some more money to ensure the continued success of the BBS.

We don’t want to introduce advertising because who wants to see banner ads when they are in the middle of a blazing row about Wayne Hennessey or the inability of Palace players to shoot straight, and we certainly don’t want to move to any form of formal subscription service.

So basically we are asking if anyone who uses the BBS regularly, who can afford to help a little, and would like to, to consider contributing to the running of the site as it would be really appreciated (and frankly now is really needed)

Regular monthly payments are preferred, because this allows us to budget more easily as we know roughly how much we will be receiving each month, but one-off payments are also welcome. £5 is the suggested, regular, monthly contribution, but we do have a number of Members who contribute more than this, so please do not be dissuaded from making a larger payment if you can afford it (and if you feel you want to help out).

If you choose to contribute you will be given BBS Angel status, which provides a few minor extras such as a larger PM capacity and bigger avatars etc.

Contributions can be made via PayPal or directly to the BBS Bank account.

For PayPal either click on this link (To view the link you have to Register or Login) which will take you to a subscription set up for PayPal, or simply log into PayPal and either set up a monthly subscription or send a one off contribution to contributions@cpfc.org.

For those who want to do something directly to the bank account, be it a standing order or a one off payment, PM me and I’ll send you the bank account details.

Please do consider making a regular contribution to the BBS and thanks again to all those who are already helping, or who are considering doing so.

Thanks

Adlerhorst

ps. There are old some bank account details published somewhere in the bowels on the BBS. Those are out of date and will be removed when I work out which button to press, so if by chance you come across them please don’t use them.
I’m keen to contribute as I love this site and it’s my link to all things Palace being a northern oink etc

I may be persuaded to give a little bit more if Mr Elgin was let back in.

I knows it pure bribery, and to be fair it will only be a few quid more that I give, but all things considered, I’m sure you’ll find it’s in the right spirit ....

Perhaps...

Maybe...