Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 03-03-2019, 07:23 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Changes to the laws

Some very interesting changes to the laws coming in next year, especially with VAR for the PL.

Any goal scored with the arm no matter of intent will not stand. Any advantage gained by a ball striking the arm or hand will be a free kick if peeing to a goal scoring chance regardless of intent.

Any ball striking the arm or hand whilst not in ‘natural silhouette’ (think this is hanging down by the side) will be a free kick (or penalty) regardless of intent.

Lot more penalties coming up next year I think.

Oh and subs to leave by nearest place rather than by the dugouts to stop time wasting.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:34 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Any ball striking the arm or hand whilst not in ‘natural silhouette’ (think this is hanging down by the side) will be a free kick (or penalty) regardless of intent
I think that is still going to be tough to adjudicate on. How is this different to the existing "rule"?
Old 03-03-2019, 07:45 PM

lewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I guess the current rule is that it has to be a clear and obvious hand ball to the referee and his assistant.
Where as next year if the ball hits your hand no matter what the decision will be deemed to be handball and penalty or free kick

That’s how I read it anyway so sounds like next year will be a case of shoot at someone and hope it hits a hand even if it’s missing th goal by 100 yards you will get a free kick or penalty
Old 03-03-2019, 08:00 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Both good changes IMO
Old 03-03-2019, 08:06 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Seems to me that most or any handball in the penalty area are not deliberate. Perhaps the one the Tottenham lad gave away v Palace was an exception to that. Or when a player handles the ball to stop the ball going in the net which again is very rare.

Most would appear to ball to hand, rather than hand to ball.

Just me I guess.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:13 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Some very interesting changes to the laws coming in next year, especially with VAR for the PL.

Any goal scored with the arm no matter of intent will not stand. Any advantage gained by a ball striking the arm or hand will be a free kick if peeing to a goal scoring chance regardless of intent.

Any ball striking the arm or hand whilst not in ‘natural silhouette’ (think this is hanging down by the side) will be a free kick (or penalty) regardless of intent.

Lot more penalties coming up next year I think.

Oh and subs to leave by nearest place rather than by the dugouts to stop time wasting.
Old 03-03-2019, 08:54 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
One of the things that annoys me about the "natural silhouette" is how often it is unnatural. If you suddenly change direction, your arms fly up to maintain your balance - that's unconscious therefore natural but not your "natural silhouette." On the other hand, if a player jumps and throws his arms up to help propel himself higher, that's conscious thus unnatural yet is part of the "natural silhouette." We saw this a couple of years ago against Tossingham (I think it was opening day) when a penalty was given against us for the former but not against them for the latter.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 03-03-2019, 08:59 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Saw a journo tweet that attacking players are no longer allowed in the wall for free-kicks as well.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 03-03-2019, 09:13 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Saw a journo tweet that attacking players are no longer allowed in the wall for free-kicks as well.
Can we stick Tekkers in there then?

Cricket wanker.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:05 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I think that is still going to be tough to adjudicate on. How is this different to the existing "rule"?
Currently there has to be an intent to handle the ball, it will be interested to see its interpretation.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Damn autocorrect - leading
Old 03-03-2019, 10:24 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
My son tells me you won’t be able to score from a rebound of a penalty (if the keeper parries it, for example). Really?
Old 03-03-2019, 10:44 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
They are banging on about 'natural silhouettes'. Clear as mud and no easier to rule on and still open to interpretation as I see it.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 03-03-2019, 11:02 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Instead of clarifying handball they have made it a complete farce from the sound of it. As stated in an earlier post...players will just hit the ball at opponents. No need to try and score or beat them. There needs to be a clarification on what deliberate hand ball is. Is it hand ball if a player has his hands across his chest and the ball hits his arm/hand? Because ita an unnattural bposition but he isnt gaining anytihing by it. Or at a free kick if he puts his hands on his crown jewels...again unnatural.....A players arms are rarely in the natursl position. Handball should only be given if there is a movrment to the ball or player controls it like whdn chesting it. Does the new law disallow goals that are headed but come off the attackers shoulder?
Old 03-03-2019, 11:45 PM
The Spiky One

This is an organization that has made the offside rule incomprehensible and illogical, so this dosen't surprise me.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:00 AM

Staines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Simple and long overdue.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:24 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Personally I'd sooner go with 30 seconds for a sub to be complete... If not the player coming on has to wait until next ball out of play to come on.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:34 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staines Eagle View Post
Simple and long overdue.
I assume a bookable offense if not taking the shortest route?
Old 04-03-2019, 12:47 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
They are banging on about 'natural silhouettes'. Clear as mud and no easier to rule on and still open to interpretation as I see it.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Sound like an early 80s synth outfit.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:04 AM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Would love to see greater leeway on offsides with VAR coming in. As things stand I can see the number of goals scored in open play vs free kicks and penalties dropping massively.

Case in point Lukaku vs Southampton - maybe an inch off but should that really be disallowed for offside? The spirit of the rule originally was to stop goal hanging - not to reduce goals to pixel by pixel analysis and give defenders such a massive advantage over attacking players.

Who really wants to see games one based on who's got the best penalty taker? (not saying that we won't stand to benefit from that mind)