Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-05-2019, 09:00 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
What child in south London could be remotely interested/surprised to see, let alone point out, people of an Asian or black background? Bizarre.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:04 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
If it's really a three year old kid and the father attempted to chastise him, I'm sure there's a better way for the club doctor to respond than by denouncing him on social media.

It shows him up as being rather pettish, in my opinion. Alright, I'm not an ethnic minority so I can't empathise. I imagine it's not a nice thing to happen to you, but even so.
Most peeps can get past this sort of thing, but I think its more difficult for Zaf when the comments are made in the presence of his own children
Old 12-05-2019, 09:05 PM

Salad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Jesus Christ, it’s the Danny Rose response again of ‘well he should have made his point better.’
It's a three year old child FFS. There's no culpability. If anything, it's a safeguarding matter not something to be aired in public as is happening right now.

I think the club doctor's reaction to this is appalling.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:05 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
What child in south London could be remotely interested/surprised to see, let alone point out, people of an Asian or black background? Bizarre.

A child from the south west of the country up in town for the day......
Old 12-05-2019, 09:08 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's a three year old child FFS. There's no culpability. If anything, it's a safeguarding matter not something to be aired in public as is happening right now.

Safeguarding matter? He hasn’t put the child’s identity out there.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:08 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:

What at getting upset at him and his kids being abused.......yes this is utterly his fault....FFS.

He's just probably had to explain some very ****ed up moronic thinking to his kids on the way to what should have been a fun day of watching their dad at work and seeing the football.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 12-05-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:11 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
No kid is a racist ...... Obviously the dad has something to answer for!
Spot on mate, well said.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:13 PM

Salad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Most peeps can get past this sort of thing, but I think its more difficult for Zaf when the comments are made in the presence of his own children
I suspect it's more to do with premier league club fans' incessant virtue signalling and point scoring off the pitch, what with social media and the like. In this instance, it's really not appropriate.

As for the fact he had his kids with him, chances are they're older than three and have a bit more understanding than the parent and you give them credit for.

Anyway, it's an unpleasant topic and I'm done posting on it.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:13 PM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Safeguarding matter? He hasn’t put the child’s identity out there.
I'm assuming he meant safeguarding in terms of the child's upbringing and home life if they can come out with something like this at their age
Old 12-05-2019, 09:14 PM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So overhearing a three year old use a racial epitaph, then his father scold him for doing so, is being abused? All a bit dramatic isn't it.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:15 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
...Anyway, it's an unpleasant topic and I'm done posting on it.
Thank **** for small mercies.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:15 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
I suspect it's more to do with premier league club fans' incessant virtue signalling and point scoring off the pitch, what with social media and the like. In this instance, it's really not appropriate.

As for the fact he had his kids with him, chances are they're older than three and have a bit more understanding than the parent and you give them credit for.

Anyway, it's an unpleasant topic and I'm done posting on it.
Virtue signalling, let's just call it what it is. An understandable reaction to ******* racist bollocks.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:38 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_Scarfer View Post
I'm assuming he meant safeguarding in terms of the child's upbringing and home life if they can come out with something like this at their age
Correct. I don’t see how that’s relevant to Dr Zaf being free to speak about this experience in the open though. He has every right to. ‘Virtue signalling,’ what a load of pish.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:53 PM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Agreed.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:54 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Few hundred yards from the stadium on a match day, the chances surely favour them being palace fans.
Bournemouth fans?

Not good though. How do you ban a 3 year old?
Old 12-05-2019, 09:57 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
So overhearing a three year old use a racial epitaph, then his father scold him for doing so, is being abused? All a bit dramatic isn't it.

Epithet?
Old 12-05-2019, 10:30 PM
jft39

west country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
Would you change your mind if you found out that the three year old was wearing gloves?
Old 12-05-2019, 10:46 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Would you change your mind if you found out that the three year old was wearing gloves?
Red ones
Old 12-05-2019, 10:51 PM
Call me Ishmael

A 3 year old carrying around a racist epitaph is plain weird too .
Old 12-05-2019, 10:55 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
The news outlets are making it out to be a palace thing. He tweeted on his personal account it has nothing to do with palace and that it’s a society problem.

He’s right, World is full of bigoted cnuts
I doubt that. The bigots just make the headlines because it sells the product.

In fact, the story seems so ludicrous, because I have sat/stood amongst ethnic minorities at Selhurst from 2003, and I didn't hear anything about skin colour.

The shittiest comments were :
"that's why you shag sheep"
"Does your boyfriend know you're here?"
"Who's the b'stard in the black ?" (not racist, but directed to the ref')
"We love tlts, f@nny and Palace,....."

I did see a Palace goalkeeper shouting and pointing to his outfield players once,......