Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-05-2019, 09:13 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
My first thought is ‘no thanks’, as I don’t want to go down the soulless Man C/Chelsea route. My second thought is that i might actually see Palace win something major before I snuff it.
It would mean more if we did it ‘our’ way though . Support Palace because of who we are and not some shitty soulless plastic club.
Old 14-05-2019, 09:18 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
It would mean more if we did it ‘our’ way though . Support Palace because of who we are and not some shitty soulless plastic club.
Yeah, totally agree. If we went down this route I would totally understand why the owners would do this, but something would die a little inside for me i think.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 14-05-2019, 09:32 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
For 150m I’d say this is buying out the yanks and maybe some other reductions in holdings.

Not sure you could buy 100% of the club for 150m

Wouldn’t be awful if they replaced the yanks and Steve p remained in overall control of it. At least we know he’d have the club protected

Standard saying palace have denied this is true but Steve is open to investment to move the club on
Old 14-05-2019, 09:33 AM
EAGLES

Billyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Is that your opinion or do you know something?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did as I'd imagine the job is very stressful, and could've been why he split from Susannah Reid. Will be a sad day when he leaves though, I hope he retains some share of the club regardless.
100% wants to sell.
Old 14-05-2019, 09:38 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
100% wants to sell.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 14-05-2019, 09:40 AM
Captain Brugge

Poosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have the same reticence that others have expressed. And anyway, FFP is waiting for a test case to see if has any real teeth. Currently premier league teams can "only" lose an average of about £35m per season (and comply with short-term cost control on wages). City lost ~£200m in one season in their explosion, lost something like £600m overall. Plus, once they got there they managed to seriously boost their commercial incomes (and not all generous UAE linked deals) to stay there. I guess what I'm saying is that "buying success" isn't very easy if you believe FFP has any bite.
Old 14-05-2019, 09:47 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Man City - ok they are annoying having bought success but.....through fantastic recruitment and sound management the squilions they have spent has resulted in no big-time Charlie's, no primadonnas, a team that plays together with spirit and verve and with smiles on their faces.

Think we would all be ok with that at Palace.

And trips to Europe 'yes please' - Been following the club for 45 seasons and probably only got another 30 left in me. Ajax v Crystal Palace; AC Milan v Crystal Palace; Atletico Madrid v Crystal Palace; Aberdeen v Crystal Palace and me there at all of them. A dream would come true.

Plus I want to find a new Mrs who isn't English. Away to Newcastle in the FA Cup isn't going to cut it. I've got nothing against slags who are fat mind.

Last edited by Am Phibian; 14-05-2019 at 09:50 AM.
Old 14-05-2019, 09:49 AM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This guy is a crook, No thanks.
Old 14-05-2019, 09:53 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Bit harsh. I was only 12 and haven't shoplifted since.
Old 14-05-2019, 09:55 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Old 14-05-2019, 10:02 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
My first thought is ‘no thanks’, as I don’t want to go down the soulless Man C/Chelsea route. My second thought is that i might actually see Palace win something major before I snuff it.
I'm more concerned about his appalling human rights record. To be personally named on the Amnesty website speaks volumes. I don't want him anywhere near my club.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 14-05-2019, 10:04 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
For 150m I’d say this is buying out the yanks and maybe some other reductions in holdings.

Not sure you could buy 100% of the club for 150m
To view the link you have to Register or Login

According to this, value is around £240 million, so I would agree.
Old 14-05-2019, 10:15 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Mass judicial execution & Torture. thats enough for me without all the corruption stuff.

Last edited by Pub Idol; 14-05-2019 at 10:24 AM.
Old 14-05-2019, 10:17 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Mass judicial execution & Torture. Hats enough for me without all the corruption stuff.
Exactly right.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 14-05-2019, 10:26 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Mass judicial execution & Torture. Hats enough for me without all the corruption stuff.
Let him take over Bright*n and apply his values there, starting with Dunk being hung, drawn and quartered on the center circle, at half-time, for scoring an own goal. It would make me watch MOTD.
Old 14-05-2019, 10:30 AM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
No. No. And no.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 14-05-2019, 10:38 AM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
I thought he was banned from the UK?
Old 14-05-2019, 10:39 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Lots of people saying he’s a crook etc...

I don’t know that much about it but was under the impression he was the guy that introduced a national health service, welfare, helped the poor with farming subsidies etc and tackled the massive massive drug problem. Yes lots of the the drug dealers were shot ruthlessly but he was out to reduce the inequality that saw the elite have almost everything while the majority were in poverty and dying from it.

He was the most popular politician in Thai history except for the rich.

Might not be all bad. That’s just a little googling and I’m playing devils advocate... just before this gains huge momentum on the bbs based on ill-informed opinions being repeated
Old 14-05-2019, 10:40 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
I thought he was banned from the UK?
Visa revoked while out the country. Also banned from Thailand unless he goes to prison for 2 years,which will most likely be added to if he ever comes back.
Old 14-05-2019, 10:45 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Lots of people saying he’s a crook etc...

I don’t know that much about it but was under the impression he was the guy that introduced a national health service, welfare, helped the poor with farming subsidies etc and tackled the massive massive drug problem. Yes lots of the the drug dealers were shot ruthlessly but he was out to reduce the inequality that saw the elite have almost everything while the majority were in poverty and dying from it.

He was the most popular politician in Thai history except for the rich.

Might not be all bad. That’s just a little googling and I’m playing devils advocate... just before this gains huge momentum on the bbs based on ill-informed opinions being repeated
He is mega rich his family is one of the richest if not the richest families in the north of Thailand before he started out in politics or telecommunications. He bought votes from people who have the education of a western 10 year old and then shat on them.
I don't to be rude, but your post is so far from the truth.