Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-05-2019, 02:56 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Have you got the 'post season downer'?

Every time the season ends I always get the 'urgh, 3 months of no Palace'. Even more so when we finish the campaign in fine form like we have the last two seasons.

I know there is other football coming up like the play offs, cup finals, Nation's league etc but let's face it, it's not the same euphoria you get from Palace scoring/winning and the desolation when we lose. We also have the fixture list to look forward to on Thursday 13th June and obviously the friendlies in July/August.

How do you feel when the season comes to an end?

What do you plan on doing for the next 12 weekends to try and replace your 'Palace kick'?

Maybe you're glad it's over and you can have worry free weekends.

August 10th can't soon enough for me.

Last edited by andyocpfc; 14-05-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Old 14-05-2019, 03:07 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The whole E400 thing has added an extra dimension to this for me this year.

So the end of the season had the added ‘end of an era’ feel with the knowledge that Sunday would be my last match in the seat I have had for since 1995; and that I would not be seeing all the same old faces when we come back in August. Added to that – at that stage – the continued uncertainty about where I would be next season.

Thankfully, yesterday my group were able to secure seats with which we are pretty content. But we won’t really know how happy we are with them until the new season starts – which makes the wait seem even longer than usual.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 14-05-2019, 03:12 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Thankfully, yesterday my group were able to secure seats with which we are pretty content. But we won’t really know how happy we are with them until the new season starts – which makes the wait seem even longer than usual.
And will those around be happy with you? Where, roughly, are you, SteveK?
Old 14-05-2019, 03:15 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
And will those around be happy with you? Where, roughly, are you, SteveK?
An entirely fair point Including the people who are moving with me.

Towards the back of Block M in the Upper Tier.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 14-05-2019, 03:22 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
At this stage, I'm still revelling in the way we finished the season and feel quite glad to have a break from all the tension. But give it a week or two and I'll be missing the buzz, I'm sure. And looking out for anything that might give us that little bit extra as we once again take on the Premier League big boys. And Brighton.
Old 14-05-2019, 03:24 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
The whole E400 thing has added an extra dimension to this for me this year.

So the end of the season had the added ‘end of an era’ feel with the knowledge that Sunday would be my last match in the seat I have had for since 1995; and that I would not be seeing all the same old faces when we come back in August. Added to that – at that stage – the continued uncertainty about where I would be next season.

Slight odd question, perhaps. But were the E400 not offered a non match day to come and experience what seats were available and their respective views?

Assuming you’ve thought long and hard about where you would be going, did you go upto the upper tier on Sunday and have a wander round knowing it could be a viable option?

I take it, given what you’ve said, you can’t wait to get back to Selhurst too then? Even if won’t be the same as it once was.
Old 14-05-2019, 03:30 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Slight odd question, perhaps. But were the E400 not offered a non match day to come and experience what seats were available and their respective views?

Assuming you’ve thought long and hard about where you would be going, did you go upto the upper tier on Sunday and have a wander round knowing it could be a viable option?

I take it, given what you’ve said, you can’t wait to get back to Selhurst too then? Even if won’t be the same as it once was.
We were given a chance to come and look, but that was mainly based on what was available then (which was very little) - and the Upper Tier wasn't open.

Having said that, I have been in the Upper Tier quite often - including (deliberately trying it out) for the two FA Cup games this season. So I pretty much know what to expect. But AWFOW's point about neighbours stands (both ways round!) plus I've never sat as far back as our new seats are.

But really, I'm just impatient to get on with next season and get used to my new way of watching Palace

Old 14-05-2019, 03:35 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
I hope to spend from now until September 1st worrying whether Wilf will stay or go.
Old 14-05-2019, 03:36 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
I hope to spend from now until September 1st worrying whether Wilf will stay or go.
Transfer window closes before the season starts. 5pm, August the 8th.
Old 14-05-2019, 03:48 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
This year it felt like the right time to end the season for us.

From a Palace point of view, we were losing a different player to injury each week and running out of defenders as a consequence.

From a personal point of view, the exam season has started and those of us with school age kids don’t need the additional distraction.

Whilst I do miss the football, I think I’d be more likely to tire of it permanently if we didn’t have the summer break. It’s good to have time to fit in other things, and the saying ‘absence makes the heart grow fonder’ is true for me with football.

The Berlin friendly is already in our diary and I’m sure we’ll be happy to be back then.
Old 14-05-2019, 03:53 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Thanks, I didn't know that.

But that just intensifies the worry!
Old 14-05-2019, 03:59 PM
Le Crystal Chamakh

mroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
those pesky foreigners might have a crack at him after the english window closes though
Old 14-05-2019, 04:12 PM

Oldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I hate cricket.
Old 14-05-2019, 04:16 PM
Borderline lunacy

I hate transfer speculation.

Old 14-05-2019, 04:22 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can cope without it, I like a bit of motorsport which keeps me going through the summer, plus we’ve just booked our holiday but I know once we get well into July I’ll be looking forward to it again.
Old 14-05-2019, 04:32 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Afcon ought to be worth a look.

Last WC qualifiers Wilf played well but the rest of the IC team were so pony it spoiled it all. Felt sorry for him presenting chance after chance to a centre-forward who couldn't find his own arse with both hands and a torch.

Prepared him well for a season with Benteke though.
Old 14-05-2019, 04:34 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mroakley9 View Post
those pesky foreigners might have a crack at him after the english window closes though
If we haven't brought his replacement in before our window shuts he won't be going anywhere.

Then again maybe Freedman has Ayew down as that man. FFS if so.
Old 14-05-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
If we haven't brought his replacement in before our window shuts he won't be going anywhere.

Then again maybe Freedman has Ayew down as that man. FFS if so.
If there is anyone who can replace Wilf (which there isn't) then let Wilf's suitors have that player.
Old 14-05-2019, 05:47 PM

Psych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsych came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Every time the season ends I always get the 'urgh, 3 months of no Palace'. Even more so when we finish the campaign in fine form like we have the last two seasons.

I know there is other football coming up like the play offs, cup finals, Nation's league etc but let's face it, it's not the same euphoria you get from Palace scoring/winning and the desolation when we lose. We also have the fixture list to look forward to on Thursday 13th June and obviously the friendlies in July/August.

How do you feel when the season comes to an end?

What do you plan on doing for the next 12 weekends to try and replace your 'Palace kick'?

Maybe you're glad it's over and you can have worry free weekends.

August 10th can't soon enough for me.

I’ll be on the transfer rumour thread all summer, getting excited about all the bullshit rumours that will never happen, and all the players we are linked to who then end up going to our rivals. And when we get closer to the start of the season anxiety will kick in when we still haven’t signed anyone. Until finally, when we have either signed no one or some bargain basement panic buys someone I’ve never heard for inflated wages, incredulity and anger will kick in as we start another season in the premier league woefully unprepared.

Or I might just go to Spain, get pissed, and forget about everything.
Old 14-05-2019, 05:48 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Not yet currently scouting the play offs