Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-05-2019, 05:20 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
Why are you still here? Serious question.

You told us yonks ago that you'd never post again if one of your many, many failed and so called 'ITK transfer scoops' didn't materialise.

It didn't happen.

You're still here. Posting shit. Why?
Old 16-05-2019, 06:10 AM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
I was worried for a second. Then I realised who started the thread.
Old 16-05-2019, 07:07 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
Possibly one of the worlds greatest Coaches, what a master stroke it would be to bring him in and develop a playing philosophy that could really move us forward as a club.
Yes, just who we need, someone who spent 10 million on Patrick Bamford.

Why are you still here?
Old 16-05-2019, 07:18 AM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaidstoned Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
Why are you still here? Serious question.

You told us yonks ago that you'd never post again if one of your many, many failed and so called 'ITK transfer scoops' didn't materialise.

It didn't happen.

You're still here. Posting shit. Why?
Attention seeking.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 16-05-2019, 08:19 AM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Mods, please don't let the trolls take over another Summer on the BBS.

Posting disrespectful rubbish like this should warrant a ban. Especially as this poster has a history of stirring shit for no reason. He's clearly a Millwall fan.
Old 16-05-2019, 08:22 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There is no question to me that Bielsa is a talented coach and i have always been a fan, but i have serious doubts if he suited to the English game as his approach can be naive as we saw from Leeds last night. The tie should/was won when they scored and the game should then have been put to bed, and the best way to have done that was to put on his best defender Pontus Jannson to shore up that shambolic defence at half time especially after conceding that farcical goal near half time.
But also what the hell was their keeper doing ALL NIGHT? his team was playing not attacking but frenzied and naive football which probably reflects the managers game planning, it was the most uninhibited bizzare performance i have seen from a top club for such an important game and with so much at stake, so you have to question the managers influence in all of that madness.
Let me add if we ever saw Roy send out his team in a crucial game playing that way the BBS would go into meltdown, thankfully we have a thoughtful and shrewd manager who knows what is needed for situations when called for, and he should be appreciated far more as he gets the job required DONE.
Old 16-05-2019, 08:32 AM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd stick with Hodgson, atleast another season . I have seen absolutely nothing to suggest Bielsa is better than Roy. At the start of the season yeah but as the season wained on, the flaws did shine through. He got outsmarted by Lampard who has been in management for a year! Maybe Bielsa isn't anywhere near as good as he's talked up to be?
Hey you, out there beyond the wall
Breaking bottles in the hall
Can you help me?
Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all
Together we stand, divided we fall
Old 16-05-2019, 08:38 AM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
When Pellegrino come?
I'll one up you with a name from the past.

When Dan Petrescu come?

Remember he was supposed to be our saviour when Holloway left! We plumped for Tony Pulis instead and the rest is history
Hey you, out there beyond the wall
Breaking bottles in the hall
Can you help me?
Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all
Together we stand, divided we fall
Old 16-05-2019, 08:43 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Possibly one of the worlds greatest Coaches, what a master stroke it would be to bring him in and develop a playing philosophy that could really move us forward as a club.
Makes players better individually - but that Leeds defence last night.... Wow. I reckon Palace would have had about 6. Made Pardew's defence look like Mourinho's.
Old 16-05-2019, 09:01 AM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Makes players better individually - but that Leeds defence last night.... Wow. I reckon Palace would have had about 6. Made Pardew's defence look like Mourinho's.
Think I heard that Sheffield United lost 1 game after Christmas and Leeds 10 (not including last nights result)
Going a goal up and coming into half time, you would have surely expected a disciplined, structured team but they were all over the shop.
I read that Casilla is on roughly 40k a week, and his error changed the whole tie. It took Derby into half time with some momentum.
Leeds fans in general love Bielsa, but many are blaming his intransigence that ultimately cost them.
Old 16-05-2019, 09:36 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
To be fair, he took a small, unfancied Leeds squad to their highest finish in the 15 years since they've been relegated and narrowly missed out on promotion.

Will be interesting to see if he does another year there or goes off to try something else
Old 16-05-2019, 09:37 AM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
his team was playing not attacking but frenzied and naive football which probably reflects the managers game planning
A pressing game? (That's what they called it on Five Live)
Old 16-05-2019, 09:58 AM
Captain Brugge

Poosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He seems to have a great reputation - Pochettino and Guardiola are big fans. But his club football record is hardly stunning. Certainly not had any lasting impact in European football as of yet.
Old 16-05-2019, 11:15 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
A pressing game? (That's what they called it on Five Live)
I was at the match, and they were all over the shop, particularly a 20-30 minute spell. That's not pressing, that's just random bits of running around. Derby were fairly frantic too, bit more controlled. It was a great game as a neutral tbh (well, a neutral that was happy to see Leeds lose).

I mentioned it earlier, but Bielsa simply doesn't stay long enough anywhere. By the time he has adjusted to a club, instilled a system, he's gone.
Old 16-05-2019, 11:30 AM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poosence View Post
He seems to have a great reputation - Pochettino and Guardiola are big fans. But his club football record is hardly stunning. Certainly not had any lasting impact in European football as of yet.
Roy was part of the Charles Hughes academy, surely we either improve by spending money we don't have, improve our stadium which is taking forever.

or we go for it with a coach who doesn't fear playing youngsters, and seemingly gets that extra effort from average players.

Cant forgive how we messed up in the cups, our poor home form, and lack of progress with a highly capable talented Squad.

something has to change..........
Old 16-05-2019, 11:36 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Roy was part of the Charles Hughes academy, surely we either improve by spending money we don't have, improve our stadium which is taking forever.

or we go for it with a coach who doesn't fear playing youngsters, and seemingly gets that extra effort from average players.

Cant forgive how we messed up in the cups, our poor home form, and lack of progress with a highly capable talented Squad.

something has to change ..........
Preferably, you ******* off for good
Old 16-05-2019, 11:37 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:

something has to change..........
There may be things wrong with Hodgson's approach and tactics, but he is certainly not of the Charles Hughes school.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 16-05-2019, 11:39 AM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
There may be things wrong with Hodgson's approach and tactics, but he is certainly not of the Charles Hughes school.
He absolutely is. he drills his players, he doesn't encourage them to play freely.

Euro 2012 England V Italy

Italys top passer Pirlo (117)

Englands top passer Hart (47)

Last edited by PHIL BARBER; 16-05-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Old 16-05-2019, 11:39 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Interesting to see that Leeds averaged 2 points a game when they had the unfair advantage of spying on their opponents training before each match. After that was stopped it dropped to 1.5 points per game. A significant difference.
Old 16-05-2019, 11:40 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
On a serious note, everyone talks about him and other coaches reference him. He's never spent more than 2 seasons at a club ever. Not sure what that says really. Has a quick impact but cant sustain it? Or just gets bored easily.
I have heard people suggest that it's the former. Has an initial impact but can't sustain it. But that was just chit chat so no idea how true it is.